Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Supercell wrote: »
    Precip in the irish sea seems to be dying off, hopefuly will clear later and give nice hard frost!

doesn't look to bad for later here...

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_latest_radar.html

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Heavy rain sleet here now.

Tis game set and match, an ugly night ahead.
    I'm not sure WC, i reckon you and DM are just in the slighly warmer air us Wicklow heads were in a while ago and its gotten cooler again, hope not lost just yet!!

Is this a plot between ye mods to bring ratings up in this thread? :D

It will snow.
    It won't.
    Ah but it might.
    No, definitely not.
    Hmm, maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Because you are closer to the sugarloaf and further inland :)

Are we due a frost on top of it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Still coming down thick and fast in dundrum appearantly

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

freezing here already -0.4C and falling quick, the roads will be lethal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

trogdor wrote: »
    Still coming down thick and fast in dundrum appearantly

Yeah... has just taken my wife 1hr 45m to get from Upper Kilmacud Road to Ballinteer (Grange Road)! :eek: A distance of approx. 1.5 miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Jasus, 205 pages :eek::D

Rain here now, light enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Clebridge has just had a really heavy snow storm, re-covered absolutely everything, at least another 2cms.

Its absoultutely amazing! Just back from a long walk in the fields..

Clear sky here in Lucan .... actually, looks like some dirty clouds are starting to head this way from the south east

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Still fairly heavy rain here, 10.9mm today 2.6C/1.4C

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Still snowing, 0.8c but becoming increasingly dodgy as DP is 0.4c.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Heavy rain here in the Port now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Think it will be tomorrow night before we see snow again here. A northeasterly will set in tomorrow.

http://www2.wetter3.de/Animation_12_UTC/42_30.gif

RTE1 weather - v little about us all about Europe - was she bricking it or what ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Very heavy snow shower, just ceasing now, first whiteout of the cold spell here :p about 2 cm's worth, nice dry stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

I feel snow lonely I could die :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

we had loads more today here in leixlip, got in touch with the kid inside me and made a snowman and snowangels.went for a walk earlier and took some pics, will have them up soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Is it RAIN or SNOW tonight????????????????PLEASE

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Lashing rain and sleet and really windy.

Mucky Mucky night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭tony1212

got a big fall of snow an hour ago, and it didnt melt away :p,,,, is there more snow planned for munster 2nite

• Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Dew point on the rise again here, but temp stable at 0.2°C, not much melt as long as the precip stays away.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

holly1 wrote: »
    Is it RAIN or SNOW tonight????????????????PLEASE

Probably neither tbh.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Probably neither tbh.

Loads big flakes here - dp 1.1 temp 2.4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 pfk-0p

wow it's really lashing rain out
    if the DP had stayed a bit down as it did earlier we'd have a blizzard and huge accumulation!

Sleety rain here now 0.9c DP 0.6c.

Bye bye snow for today - please come back another day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

Its now the turn of the South and Mid West to shine!!! Believe

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

snowing heavy here for past 30 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 20somethings

Theres still about 2 inches of snow on ground here in Dublin 6 (terenure) but how come people in glasnevin say they have no snow and people in Dublin 16 say its raining. I'm begginging to lose trust in this boards.ie site. Nobody predicted that blizzard earlier

Theres still about 2 inches of snow on ground here in Dublin 6 (terenure) but how come people in glasnevin say they have no snow and people in Dublin 16 say its raining. I'm begginging to lose trust in this boards.ie site. Nobody predicted that blizzard earlier

There is 3 inches of snow on the ground here but it is now raining - nothing stopping rain falling on snow!

As far as I am concerned Met E accurately predicted snow for today.

And snow does not have to fall everywhere - today south Dublin was in the right place at the right time - a small circulation/curl of precipitation moved up the Irish Sea along the east coast with cold (and warmer) air wrapped into it, so some got snow and some got rain. Look at what was reported earlier - some in Bray got snow while others in Bray got rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

My DP has dropped to -0.7c now and the air temp is 0.1c, gonna be a hard frost!

Had to get up on the roof a little earlier and scape off a heap of snow that had slid off the roof and was sort of sitting/propped on the gutter! Never had to do that before :D for a moment it almost felt as if I was in America or something :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

leixilip co. kildare today...

[IMG][/img]DSCF1373.jpg
    [IMG][/img]DSCF1375.jpg
    [IMG][/img]DSCF1376.jpg
    [IMG][/img]DSCF1379.jpg
    [IMG][/img]DSCF1380.jpg
    [IMG][/img]DSCF1382.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement