Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Sunny, all snow gone for hours in North Cork (near Mallow) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Starting to sleet in Blanch :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭garytuohy

snowing in lucan last 20 mins...very very heavey! heavier than last night about 4" on top of all the sludge that was..everything completely covered

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

getting worries that all these showers are going west rather than south...can any of ye experts have a look at the bbc forecast radar as to whether that is fog/snow as both are white on their radar for the south tonight(over cork)? found the bbc to be very reliable thus far particularly their radars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭aassddff

still nothing around the IFSC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Been having some great snow in Tallaght the past two days.
    Its still coming down really heavy here. Lovely it is. :)

Pics to fallow shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Just started here in Clane again,hugh big flakes but the sun is still shining,weird!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Here in rathcoole it has dropped over 30mm in last half hour and still at it!
    If you are in town heading home west go, for chrissakes go!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Sunny here now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

dumping down snow in clonsilla

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Brainz

absolutly pegging it here in leixlip - rang the OH and she said it is blizzard like in clondalkin -how i love the excitement !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

Have a look at this: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

It looks like the east coast from Dub to Wex is about to be dumped upon. Substantial stuff brewing off the coast at the mo

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Eased off here now and I can see the clouds about to move away.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭Heroditas

garytuohy wrote: »
    snowing in lucan last 20 mins...very very heavey! heavier than last night about 4" on top of all the sludge that was..everything completely covered

Hmm, looks a bit like sleet falling in Lucan now. Just wait until it gets dark and the temperature falls a degree or two - could get even more treacherous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

M50 is a big no no:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Brightening up here now and the big shower clouds move west and north and south.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Absolute blizzard conditions in Tallaght, 40-50mm in the past 40 minutes around the kiltipper hill area, roads are lethal, skies are black

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Some lovely dark clouds moving in here now.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Just measured - 2 inches of fresh snow on pavement (where snow had melted) and 3.5 inches on grass (on top of unmelted snow). :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Apparently hell around blanch, at a standstill.

3 inches under foot.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Surely that's gonna be it now...Dew Points must be past the snow mark at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭passinginterest

Absolute blizzard conditions in Tallaght, 40-50mm in the past 40 minutes around the kiltipper hill area, roads are lethal, skies are black

I can confirm it's amazing and no sign of stopping masses of cloud overhead. :eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Oh ! my god this is just brill,I cant see the house across the road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Depends where you are Darkman! Big lump on it's way up from the southeast at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

It's glorious.

Gonna cause mayhem for the commuters!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Still spitting down crappy snow in Ardee, has gotten very dark and gloomy in the last hour or so.

It still isn't sticking though :|

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Gonna be rain/sleet from now on.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭garytuohy

very fine snow in lucan(not sleet) damage is done now, I reckon traffic is gonna be nuts at 5pm

temp -1c

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Just measured - 2 inches of fresh snow on pavement (where snow had melted) and 3.5 inches on grass (on top of unmelted snow). :D
    I'd expect that out your way,nice bit inland but I wasnt expecting it to settle in balls bridge :o Thats a snow downpour for you!

Meanwhile very dark here now - expecting sleet at best at first here anyhow with a 0.7c dp

@DM I'm finding dp's flutuate near showers -rising as they leaving and dropping under the shower.
    All part of the evaporative cooling.

I hope I havent jinxed this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Confab wrote: »
    Depends where you are Darkman! Big lump on it's way up from the southeast at the moment.

Unles you live higher than 300 metres that's going to be rain or sleet at best.
    Temperatures are going to rise overnight, not fall unfortunately.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement