Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not Animally - The Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

http://gprime.net/video.php/charley

Just saw this and goodness - he's so cute and playful.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

We went back up the saint Kevins in Wicklow today, in the lashings of rain. I was a bit worried that it wouldn't seem as lovely as the first time we went. But have a look at the pics. Isn't this one of the most beautiful places ever!

EDIT: and of course one of the most handsome dogs ever. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭SuperMario

Anyone know if theres an all breed show on tommorow out in the place by the airport

Just had to get Harleys anal glands cleaned. we really need a sick smilie. :(

Oh yuck... thankfully I've never had to witness ours getting theirs done sick0022.gif

• Advertisement

You have a sick smilie!

It was lucky he needed it done though, he's seemed down the past few days so he had a full check up while we were up there. Turns out he has an ear infection :(. Poor baby has been prodded and poked in his sore ear, but hopefully he'll be feeling better by the morning.

Well it's an image I included in the post :)

Awh the pooor thing! Both my two had ear infections around august/sept, it's not nice, especially trying to get the syringy thing into their ear. Lily wasn't too bad, but you couldn't even touch Daisy's ear without her goin nuts. Hopefully it clears up quickly pet.

(Lilys currently pawing at the tiger cubs on the tv lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

Our little girl was a year old the other day. Here she is eating her birthday treat of a chicken flavoured rawhide - a large lump of which she kept swallowing and regurgitating - heart was in my mouth!
    rawhide.jpg

And then assuming her usual sleeping position!
    sleep.jpg

I can't sleep. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭puppy cat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Bookworm1

This is very funny......

DOG DIARY

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!

9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!

9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!

10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!

1:00 PM - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!

5:00 PM - Milk bones! My favorite thing!

7:00 PM - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!

8:00 PM - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!

11:00 PM - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

CAT DIARY

Day 983 of my captivity.

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects.

They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength. The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet.

Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet.
    I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. Jerks!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow -- but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches.
    The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously not very smart.

The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicate with the Guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe.

For now....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Anyone ever do any volunteer work with DSPCA? Figured it's time I helped out in some way.

awwwww dream growls are so cute. :o

Lol! snap!
    My older one was doing that lastnight.
    They do make funny noises when sleeping though. Older one snores like a train. Little one makes cute squeaky noises.
    They're both fast asleep here

Wreck wrote: »
    Anyone ever do any volunteer work with DSPCA? Figured it's time I helped out in some way.
    Hiya, The dspca have a lot of support compared to volunteer rescues. I would suggest that you go to your local pound. You can walk some of the dogs there. Or if you want to help in a different way, you could contact a local rescue and offer to foster, collect funds, transport or homecheck (if you give your location I'm sure people here would be happy to suggest places close to you). Fair play to you for wanting to help out.

:( out on our walk this evening and saw 3 kids on our road alone with their new puppy. I'd imagine there will be many more this time next week and a spate of "good homes needed" within the next 2-3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Think some of you might like this post from the weather forum :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63824419&postcount=1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I'm really hoping the snow melts even though I love it, just so I can have a rest!
    The dogs want to be out in it all day, they love it. Latest game seems to be who can slide the furthest, they tear off at top speed then turn and slide to a halt. Or the bigger dogs favourite ...the snow plough and roll, nose down pushing the snow along until he gets a good build up, then rolls into it. Hilarious to watch.
    Every time I move the dogs run for the door.......well its one way to work off the Christmas extra few pounds!

And it's tiring walking in the snow without slipping isn't it! It was foggy here today too.

Dark coloured dogs are so handsome in the snow.

Aye my youngest wants to be out there all day.
    she's due a groom so is extra extra fluffy and comes in sodden.

I can't walk them at the minute cuz I slipped & fell hard yesterday, stupid ice.
    But I know they love their walks!

• Advertisement

Oh, hope you're ok. One bad fall can put you off form for ages! Did you injure yourself badly?

I feel so sorry for the older people in the town. It's like a skating rink. The town is like a valley, wherever you go you're either walking uphill or downhill. It's lethal.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

Just wondering if anyone else thinks a thread entitled "Why does my cat ..." be useful? I have literally a million and one questions, I've never owned a cat before and now have a 14 month old (since she was 6 weeks, found abandoned by some nice people and brought to DAR) and we also have an 8 month old (since she was 3 months old, got her through the rehoming tread on boards) Sometimes they do things that just leaves me scratching my head. They are too cute! Best decisions I ever made.

why not start one called "why does my pet" that way everyone can askquestions on behaviour and training etc no matter what their pet is.

Cats are brilliant :) my too are sitting outside my bedroom waiting to go to bed. They usually don't sleep on the bed but the OH is out for the night and they know if they look cute enough I'll allow them in.

Anyone else have sulking doggies since the snow melted?
    The thaw started yesterday and they weren't happy, bouncy dogs they had been for the last week. This morning when we went for a walk they just wanted to go home:o(
    I miss my happy, bouncy, lunatic snow dogs.:(

Aye my little ones wondering where it's gone and trying to find any last piles of snow outside. Though I appreciate her not crying every 5mins to be let back out!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Did ye see what Katy Perry did to her poor cat, and posted it on Twitter

article-1243424-07DDE734000005DC-49_468x351.jpg

I personally would never shave my pet cat, it's wrong and unnecessary*

*mini rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Wasn't sure where to post this so thought I'd chuck it in here. Some of you may enjoy it.

It's Jimmy Stewart reading a poem about his dog on the Johnny Carson show.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

You tube is great:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Mylesie

This has been worrying me all day!
    When the budgie sees me reading a newspaper, does he wonder why I’m sitting there staring at carpeting?
    swingingchick.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement