Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not Animally - The Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

so sleepy here and i dont know why!

This dog loves his water slide:D
    http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1773941

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

cute-puppy-pictures-come-home.jpg?w=468&h=623

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

One of my cats is playing chase with the dogs, it's better than TV!
    Of course battery is dead in phone and camera so can't film it.
    Anyone any idea's for things to do for last week of the hols?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Who was chasing who?

We are just back from a river walk, we got soaked, it was lashing, but harley enjoyed it. He didn't care about the rain, he was swimming anyway. And I got a disgusting slimy "kiss" when he caught me off guard while I was picking up his ball. (anyone with a "jowley hound" will know what I mean)

It's actually a lovely place, where there are very few people (we've only met other people once, with a young rottie pup). Not much of a long walk at all, but it's enclosed enough to let your dog off with little to fear and a very gentle bend in the river with a sandy bank, perfect for digging in and a sloping river bed, great for encouraging a nervous dog to swim. Lovely for people to swim in too. It's in the Kilcullen/Ballymore area. If anyone is around and wants to know where it is, let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

This dog loves his water slide:D
    http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1773941

Hilarious, hes like a child running up and down the slide!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭merryhappy

1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be painful for me. Remember that before you buy me.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me -- it's crucial for my well being.

4. Don't be angry at me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have you.

5. Talk to me sometimes. Even though I don't understand your words, I understand your voice when it's speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will not forget.

7. Remember before you hit me that I have teeth that could easily crush the bones of your hand, but that I choose not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being "uncooperative" or "obstinate" or "lazy", ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I am not getting the right food, or I've been out in the sun too long, or my heart is getting old and weak.

9. Take care of me when I get old; you too, will grow old.

10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say "I can't bear to watch" or "Let it happen in my absence." Everything is easier for me if you are there.

Author unknown

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Seen that before..made me cry :o

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kazza90210

Number 10 is so true

Seen this and just had to buy it, stuck on the spare room door at the moment!!
    Photo0169.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭buttercupbee

Just thought Id attempt a link from U tube (my very first one!) on the rather famous Ninja Cat!

Hope this works!

Oh I love the ninja cat, our cat does that aswel, I hide behind the door and every time I peek out she stops mid step as if shes a statue, and the eyes on her looks as though shes on something!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

macshadow wrote: »

I thought people would really enjoy this youtube vid, but hardly anyone will see it in here(

Hi all, dont know if Im putting this in the right place - but my heart is!!!
    Merryhappy posted a lovely piece on this thread, so here goes mine...

Things you can learn from a dog

• Allow the experience of fresh air & the wind in your face to be pure ectasy
    • When loved ones come home, always run to greet them
    • When its in your best interest, practice obedience
    • Let others know when they've invaded your territory
    • Take naps & stretch before rising
    • Run, romp & play daily
    • Eat with gusto & enthusiasm
    • Be loyal
    • Never pretend to be something you're not
    • If you want to find what lies buried, dig until you find it
    • When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by & nuzzle them gently
    • Thrive on attention but dont become arrogant - leave that to cats
    • Avoid biting when a simple growl will do
    • On hot days drink lots of water & sit under a shady tree
    • When you're happy, dance around & shake your entire body
    • No matter how often you're scolded, don't buy into the gulit & pout - run right back & make friends
    • Bond with your pack
    • Delight in the simple joy of a long walk
    I think a lot about my little baby boos, who sadly I dont share a roof with anymore,
    she's the best pet in the whole wide world! :)

merryhappy wrote: »
    1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be painful for me. Remember that before you buy me.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me -- it's crucial for my well being.

4. Don't be angry at me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have you.

5. Talk to me sometimes. Even though I don't understand your words, I understand your voice when it's speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will not forget.

7. Remember before you hit me that I have teeth that could easily crush the bones of your hand, but that I choose not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being "uncooperative" or "obstinate" or "lazy", ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I am not getting the right food, or I've been out in the sun too long, or my heart is getting old and weak.

9. Take care of me when I get old; you too, will grow old.

10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say "I can't bear to watch" or "Let it happen in my absence." Everything is easier for me if you are there.

Author unknown

I CAN NOT for the life of me understand why people treat poor unfortunate defenseless animals with cruelty of any form, neglect being equally as cruel.
    MODS - Let these moving words spread throughout the boards and find their way onto EVERY forum and beyond. My wish for Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

this being boards, it's probably been posted before ...but just in case it hasn't ...this is just brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Snabe

that's brilliant... it can't be real... can it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

lol brillant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭PetrovthePrat

I'm in two minds about finding out if that's for real. I want to know coz I'm so nosey but I want to believe it's for real. Brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 James3555

My one year old dog lifted his leg properly for the first time yesterday! :o Is it weird to be proud? haha

If there are any posters who walk in wicklow, we stumbled across the most beautiful area yesterday. It's near Hollywood and is called St. Johns pool. It was completly deserted. We saw (and heard!!) deer and frogs, the dog had a swim in a pool while we had a sit down and a snack. There is a walkway, but it's not very clear and a bit boggy in places, not a proper trail at all. It's very lovely and a little bit wild. If anyone wants to know where it is, let me know and I will direct you to the best of my abilities. It was lovely when we were there, hours of off lead walking and nobody around. Worth a visit if you're around.

My one year old dog lifted his leg properly for the first time yesterday! :o Is it weird to be proud? haha
    Awh no - that's really cute!!
    we celebrated our (now 3) year old climbing up the stairs (she used to only go down) and our (now 9&half month old) going both up and down.

That's great he learnt how to do that, I'd be darned proud too! :)

Thanks Star-Pants, he hasn't done it since though. I thjink it might have just been a particurlary spiky bush he was trying to go on. :rolleyes: Did the 3 year old only start going up when the younger one did? He probably needed to see it done. Handy I suppose if you don't want your dogs upstairs. :D

Anybody with a big and bouncy dog around kildare/wicklow interested in a walk on sat or sunday in Wicklow? We can't get to Marlay park and would love another dog for Harley to go barrelling through the woods with.

There will be myself, Harley and my OH (who is not on the forum) so if you're interested PM me and we can org a time and place.

Nah we had to teach her to come up the stairs, lots of coaxing, praising, we'd put her maybe two steps from the top and see if she could do that bit etc. Could also be that our stairs are wooden with the gaps, so you can see through and I don't think they like that.

Ha - Daisy took to eating every plant, including the prickly aloe vera, dogs choose the oddest things!

Fraid I can't take up the offer of the dog walk but hopefully someone else will. Must post up this video because I think it's so cute and also shows how gentle the rottweiler is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

gosh I wouldn't trust a rottweiler, hate them :o

Indeed - each to their own and I fully understand.
    My aunt has a rottweiler and he's around a year old, dopiest loving thing I've met. LOVES my mother, and she's terrified (she's scared of pretty much every dog bar our own).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Rotties are great. Had two as a child and they were so lovely, gentle and clever.

Now, wouldn't even attempt to look sideways at my mother's Jack Russell but would happily share a couch with a Rottie.

• Advertisement

angel01 wrote: »
    gosh I wouldn't trust a rottweiler, hate them :o
    Really, you should meet one. They are the most docile, relaxed and bomb proof dogs you can meet. I love them. They are pretty intimidating looking if you don't know them, but by nature are very gentle animals. :)

Do you have a pet angel?

Edit: Angel, do you have a pet. Not do you have a pet angel, that would just be weird...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement