Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not Animally - The Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Crap news Rory - hope you find something.

I've spent today interviewing for a new hire - everyone was really qualified but of course can only hire one. We got 3 times as many applications as normal. Its tough out there, but there ARE jobs. I was just talking to a guy with a carpentry business and he is up to his eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I'm feeling very sorry for myself :( I had minor surgery yesterday. So I'm a bit sore. Then when i got up this morning the pup had dragged half the garden into my kitchen. Then he spent the day looking fo attention. Not his fault, but I just didn't have the energy!

Now I was just informed that my OH will not be back until very late tonight, so I have to try muster up the energy to bring him for a walk. I could cry. :(

Poor you! :(

Well, I'm worrying because my friends cat I'm minding has not come home for the last 2 nights! :eek: He is a "free range" cat so I didn't want to constrain him once I started looking after him, but I'm sorry now! I hope he comes home tonight or I'll have to start with the posters etc. (Sorry that was a bit animally, but its not worth starting a thread about!)

Oh no, are you minding him from their house? He might just be missing his usual minders. Fingers crossed he'll be back tonight.

Yea - I'm at his house - but this is a long term thing. I've been there months now, and he has stayed out for a night once or twice before. All the neighbours adore him though because he is big and fluffy, so it could be he has just gone visiting. I'll knock on a few doors tonight if he isn't home for his tea. Hopefully, it'll be fine.

Hopefully, you'll be fine too! :D Could you let your puppy have a run around a garden or something instead if you aren't feeling too well? I'm sure one skipped walk won't be a problem for him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Myself and the puppy just had a 20 minute snooze on the couch. :o

I'm babysitting today and the baby was asleep so myself and the pooch ended up panned out on the couch with her asleep on my forehead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Tired

Just a rant....

Hey all, well im over 7 mnths pregnant, feeling very fat and heavy in that region, brought my dog for a walk yesterday and I honestly cant do it anymore, was doubled over with cramps. He is only 7 months aswell and full of beans. Also another problem of mine is he does be out the back till i get home (3pm or so) and my gawd he does be filthy, Ive never cleaned and scrubbed my floors so much since i moved in, am doing the "grab him before he gets in and wipe his paws" but its trying.

I feel for ya helena, at least im still fairly mobile but it can get very frustrating for you and your lil fella.

My partner doesnt get home till after 7pm or so every night so am stuck doing this till then every day. I do be drained. Rant over just needed to get that off my chest, he is a loveable lil fecker otherwise............ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

Drama, lastnight my lil cat was out playing away in the hallway with all her toys. Didn't she only go & try chew her collar off, got stuck in her mouth & she puked everywhere, didn't know what was wrong until she knocked the clothes hanger over & made a big bang.

She's perfect now, poor lil darling. Sat down & watched telly for the night
    :rolleyes:

LOL - isn't is funny how our off-topic thread has become very on-topic! Will we be infracted? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

MsFifers wrote: »
    LOL - isn't is funny how our off-topic thread has become very on-topic! Will we be infracted? :D

I was thinking the same myself :D
    Most conversations I have these days revolve around the pup anyway. I work from home so, some days, the only person I'll see is my husband and it's a case of "what havoc has she caused today?"

Has anyone any weekend plans?

• Advertisement

00112984 wrote: »
    Has anyone any weekend plans?
    Well considering I look like the bride of frankinstien ATM I can't leave the house. :( My OH is playing a gig in town tonight and I would so love to be there and am pretty peed off that I can't.

Then tomorrow there's some sort of UFC thing on and he was heading off to watch it in a friends house. I had a friend coming to keep me company (read: give me sympathy) but something came up and now she can't so I ended up buying setanta sports so he could watch it here, rather than me spend another evening alone. And somehow I ended up roping myself into cooking a shepards pie for a few fellas who are coming over. :confused: No idea how that happened. And the worse thing is, my painkillers make me a bit nauseous and I've said I'll make it with real meat. :o

And poor puppy hasn't had a walk yesterday or today and he's being so good despite the energy he must have and I feel so guilty.

/end rant - everything always seems worse when you feel sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

Hope ya feel better soon, Helena!;)

And Tired, Congrats.

I only noticed this thread now. Big slow head on me!!:D

Whats your favourite flavour ice-cream?
    MINT CHOCOLATE!!!

Hasn't the weather been terrible?
    Don't mind the cold but this heavy rain is wearin a bit thin!

Can you believe its nearly the end of January?
    Yes, yes I can.........

Do you still have a job?
    No, my contract ended on Christmas Eve for full time work but I have been busy enough with the petsitting.

Do you find coffee makes you thirsty?
    I hate coffe. I have the taste buds of an eight year old.

I like paper stickies, do you like paper stickies?
    They remind me of Ned Flanders and all the notes he left for Homer!!:D

Have you ever found a key that didn't belong to you but you discovered opened something you owned?
    Can't say I have.

Daddy or chips?
    CHIPS!!

What hobbies do you have besides your pets?
    I sing in a gospel choir and I love comedy.

What music do you like?
    I am a huge Beatles fan and can't wait for Beatles week in Liverpool again this year!!

How important is it for you that your partner, or potential partners love animals too?
    My boyfriend thinks I'm mental. He calls me Ace Ventura and Dr Doolittle! He likes dogs and cats but is not a mad animal lover.

What is the most amazing experience you ever had?
    Going to Alcatraz was pretty cool. Theres lotsa birds on Alcatraz!

What are you most proud of?
    My Ma going back to college at 57 to do a masters! How cool is that!!

I am a huge Beatles fan and can't wait for Beatles week in Liverpool again this year!!
    Beatles week? Whats that? my OH may have been dropping hints which I didn't notice until you said that. I thought he was just looking to go to LP for a few days and stay in that hotel. Is there an organised thing?

Oh and I'd be very pround of your mam too!

Hey Helena,
    This year its on from the 20-26th of August. Its brilliantly organised. Music from morning til very late in hundreds of venues across Liverpool. They even had five huge street stages lastyear. I can't wait for it! If its even half as good as lastyear I'll be impressed! The year I lived in Liverpool, I was working in The Cavern for the whole week that it was on so I missed it all.
    Just if you and your fella are thinkin of going over book your flights early. We got ours lastyear for about €30 for both of us, but we booked them around april.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Maggie.23

Yea - I'm at his house - but this is a long term thing. I've been there months now, and he has stayed out for a night once or twice before. All the neighbours adore him though because he is big and fluffy, so it could be he has just gone visiting. I'll knock on a few doors tonight if he isn't home for his tea. Hopefully, it'll be fine.

Been thinking of him. Any updates?

Maggie.23 wrote: »
    Been thinking of him. Any updates?

Aw - thanks so much for caring! :) But its bad news - still no sign of him anywhere. :( I've done everything I can think of but not a peep!

One neighbour told me something v. worrying - she said another neighbour was annoyed by cats walking on his wall, and he threatened to "get rid" of any he could get his hands on. She said he'd do it too. I know its only hearsay so I'm really hoping whatever happened, it wasn't this.

I just wish she had told me before! If I'd known he felt that way I would have done something to keep Alfie away from him. But who knows?

Maybe Alfie has found a nicer home where he is being handfed prawns by the bucketload and having his belly rubbed at hourly intervals!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Maggie.23

That is terrible about what the neighbour said :eek:. It's hard not to imagine the worst but I would try not to dwell on it. Maybe he is off enjoying himself somewhere, like you said. Hope he makes his way back to you. Keep us posted.

Any news on him yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

2 more nights till i get my new pup, i can't wait. So so excited.

its going to be a little cross west highland puppy, white, mixed with another terrier.

p.s. really must tell the hubby he is coming shouldn't i :o:o:o:o

Mr Alfie is still missing. I have done everything I can think of so just have to let it go now and hope for the best.

queen-mise - enjoy your new pup!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

my pup is coming tomorrow night not saturday.

my husband still doesn't know, really going to have to tell him

Mr Alfie is still missing. I have done everything I can think of so just have to let it go now and hope for the best.
    Don't give up hope F. He could very well still turn up.
    queen-mise wrote: »
    my pup is coming tomorrow night not saturday.

You mean you decided to place a 15 year responsibility on your hubby without discussing first? What happens if he decides he doesn't want a pup?

Hopefully he'll be delighted - you could say "here darling, happy valentines day, now everytime you look at his cute little face you can remember just how much I love you"

How are you feeling now Helena? Are you back to yourself yet?

I thought you were joking about that! OMG - thats a risk to take. Hope it works out.

Yep I got my stitches out wednesday and have felt great since. Thanks :)

Happy Valentines Day!! EDIT: I don't know who wrote these poems, but i thought they were funny.
    My furry, smelly short legged pal,

You always will be my favorite gal.

You love me unconditionally,

When you get excited you always pee.

I'll feed you treats and clean up your poo,

Happy furry Valentine's Day to you

Meow is all you ever say,

When you come over and want to play.

I pick off your fleas, you bring me a mouse.

You leave little dead things all over the house.

I know they are gifts and and that you mean well.

Even though they're dead I think they are swell.

Meowy Valentine's Day
    Happy Valentines Day to my Turtle.

You may just be a turtle in a tiny little shell.

I still think you are very cute , I think you're really swell.

You don't do much just sit around.

Sometimes in the water, sometimes on the ground.

Your head goes in , your head goes out.

I love you're little pointy snout..

You live in a terrarium,

It looks just like a drum.

It has a palm tree just for shade,

My turtle has it made.

I give you mealy worms so you can eat sublimely.

I'd kiss you on your little head but I'm afraid you're slimy.

Birdy Valentine

You're just a pile of feathers, some silly people would say.

To me you're entertainment, I love to watch you play.

You peck at me and at your seeds.

You speak to me in bird Chinese.

Your droppings end up here and there,

Sometimes even in my hair.

I stare at you, you stare at me.

There's love in the air fly free, fly free.
    My ants live in a farm inside.

Sometimes I see them sometimes they hide.

They know not love the way we do.

But I love just the same

I watch them more than the TV, they're like a little game.

They're black and small and in a tizzy,

All day long, they're very busy.

I love them though they do not know.

Happy Valentine's Day my ant farm show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Cmol

Question for you guys and gals, didnt really want to start a new thread - do you know if the dspca or any other org's similar would be interested in old duvets / blankets / towels? Am moving home in a couple of months and need to get rid of all stuff like this

I'm sure they would! :) Or, if not them, another animal rescue place. Give them a call and make the offer. Good thinking!

MsFifers, any sign yet?

Queen Mise, how did your husband take his "suprise"?

Haven't been here in ages, so busy in work ATM.

Trying to plan a nice mid week break in ireland somewhere for our anniversary, but the OH got laid off on wednesday so it will have to be cheap! :D A recession mid week break. - Duvet in the back of my (tiny) car, €1 spar sambos and a few cans of cheap nasty beer? LOL

Another idea would be a house swap. Just need to find someone who would want to take a house in Kildare, 2 moody cats and an overexcited puppy for a few days :)

Just a general q, would a 5 month old pup be too young for kennels? I have the option of having a friend come to stay to look after him overnight and for a few hours during the day or else a kennels. Not sure which would be best.

Hey Helena,
    5 months is very young to go into kennels. I'd say your best bet would be your friend coming to mind them. And at least the house will be safe too.

• Advertisement

MsFifers, any sign yet?

No. Nothing at all. He must have been abducted by aliens. :(

Work is crazy busy for me too these days. It seems that any of us who are lucky enough to still have a job have to work 10 times as hard! I'm not complaining though - grateful that I have an income!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement