Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not Animally - The Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Maggie.23

Delighted for ya! Hmm I wonder which shop it is. Now next time I'm in a petshop I'll be wondering "Is this Rory123?" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Rory, thats fantastic news! Congratulations.

When you make manager, can you give me a job? :D I would love love love to work in a pet shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Congrats, Rory!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

That's good Rory, pet shops need more people that take an interest in the animals and not just treat it as a job. If the manager agrees you could print out some basic care sheets to hand out to all the new pet owners with a link to a forum (like tailfeathers) or contact number should they have any questions or issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

People are so cheap sometimes, usually the ones that actually have the money to pay for vet care. One one-o I was talking to a few weeks back said she gave her cat a human antibiotic for an abcess she had no clue wether the antibiotic was safe or the dosage etc. just figured all antibiotics are the same, bonkers. She was too cheap to take the cat to the vets.

Other people will try and buy the smallest hamster cage or bird cage so it doesn't take up room in the house so they end up going for those horrid round bird cages putting budgies into tiny canary cages and cockatiels into tiny budgie cages. I can't even go into a pet shop now because I get so peed off with the stuff people come out with not to mention the staff. I have to send himself in instead if I'm desperate for something other than that I try and buy in a hardware shop where they don't sell pets or I buy online.

• Advertisement

Wooooooooooo I passed my driving test.

(then my car broke down and I had to buy another one with money I don't have, and it turned out to not go fast enough wit a skimpy lil 1.1L engine :mad: )

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Wolfsberg

Well done helena!!!
    You won't know yourself with the freedom of having a full versus provisional! Don't worry about the small engine... cheaper to fill up and insure and the most you need to do is 120kmh! ;)

Thanks, yes I know and I'm genuinely not a speeder at all, in fact I really annoy the OH telling him to slow down, but I do a lot of motorway and dual carraige way driving and it's a pain trying to get up speed to overtake. I mean, I shouldn't have to drop gear to speed up from 80 to 100 you know. Hopefully a service will help, otherwise tis bye bye 206, hello........ something else cheap.....

Well done on passing, Helena!

Well done Helena!!! :o
    206's are pretty....pity it isnt a 1.4. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Didn't know where to post this so thought I'd put it here.

It's Good Friday I'm at work watching the tumbleweeds go by, got this this morning thought I would share it:

If you are an owner of a dog that belongs to a 'dangerous breed' category
    and you also have a small child please take this as a warning.
    Don't leave your dog with the child unattended under any circumstances.
    Only a little moment was enough for the following to happen.
    Dangerous breeds.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

i have to post this somewhere.

My six month puppy is asleep on my lap and is growling in his dreams.

It is so cute. I want to go to bed but feeling guilty having to move him.

Would it be crazy to sleep on sofa tonight:-) :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Nottoosure

Hi There,

I introduced myself in the Rescue Dog section. It's now the 12th so did you sleep on the couch or not? I would have!! Puppies are special & they're better than a sleeping tablet, the warmth, the little snores (husband's snores are like locomotives going through tunnels). Yeh, you got a brilliant sleep (if you did sleep on the couch!!!)

My little boy is getting neutered tomorrow. I know he'll be absolutely fine but still. The last time he was in the vet without me he was at deaths door and I'm hoping he wont have any recollecation of that this time round when brought through to the crates in the back.

The vet is fantastic and I'm not worried about him physically but I'm worried it will be mentally hard for the pup. He tries to be this "strong silent type" most of the time, until you see him looking at you with "oh I'm unsure about this" in his lil eyes.

Yes I know, I'm being silly. I'm a big fool. Waaaay too soft on him for his own good. :o

K, doesn't really want to get it done, he knew when we were adopting him that it was part of the agreement. He's not standing in the way of it, but I honestly think he feels guilty. Apparently as a girl I don't really understand LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Birds show off their dance moves

Snowball, a sulphur-crested cockatoo, dances in time to his favourite Backstreet Boys song played at three different tempos.

He's good too. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭bionic.laura

I love that scientists proved that birds can dance by watching loads of you tube videos :)

I could have told them earlier, my cockatiel Toby dances. Mostly to hip hop and dance. He doesn't seem to like indie and guitar music as much.

24216-214213-f401b3c6153d9456012d99f6968b7658.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Allgäuerin

00112984 wrote: »
    24216-214213-f401b3c6153d9456012d99f6968b7658.jpg
    BriLlIaNt!!!!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

Priceless :-)))))))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Just realised noones posted in here in a while, and just something I came across that might be interesting
    http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2007/10/pets/chocolate-chart-interactive.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

funny-pictures-kitten-has-new-home.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

star-pants wrote: »
    funny-pictures-kitten-has-new-home.jpg

Awww! That's so cute!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭tara666

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    i have to post this somewhere.

My six month puppy is asleep on my lap and is growling in his dreams.

It is so cute. I want to go to bed but feeling guilty having to move him.

Would it be crazy to sleep on sofa tonight:-) :-)

when i got my new pup i slept down stairs with him for weeks ,i was afraid he would feel so scared after leaving his mom and other sisters and brothers lol :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭annefitzy

I was wondering if I see a post that I like how do I add the thankyou:confused:
    Please reply in layman terms as I dont think my brain is able to take in too much at the moment lack of sleep is not helping:eek:

Cheers
    Anne;)

annefitzy wrote: »
    I was wondering if I see a post that I like how do I add the thankyou:confused:
    Please reply in layman terms as I dont think my brain is able to take in too much at the moment lack of sleep is not helping:eek:

Cheers
    Anne;)

The thumbs up sign on the bottom right is the 'thanks' button. If you click that it should do the trick!

I'm such a bad owner :( I left Harley into our local kennels for the second time this weekend. Well he nearly did somersaults to get to Keith (the man who runs it). He was delighted to see him and ran straight into the kennels with him to say hello to the resident staff he met last time. He didn't even look back at me.

Me, instead of being happy for my dog getting to make friends and play etc..... I was slightly insulted :o shouldn't he miss me :eek:

I'm such a bad owner :( I left Harley into our local kennels for the second time this weekend. Well he nearly did somersaults to get to Keith (the man who runs it). He was delighted to see him and ran straight into the kennels with him to say hello to the resident staff he met last time. He didn't even look back at me.

Me, instead of being happy for my dog getting to make friends and play etc..... I was slightly insulted :o shouldn't he miss me :eek:

I'd be a bit like that but it's a really good endorsement for those kennels!

If you are in Ireland can you PM me the details?? I have a wedding in October that I am already stressing about my puppy for! I'm chief bridesmaid so will be away for the best part of a week and DREADING it!! :(

• Advertisement

PM sent.

I was the same first time. I'd say, maybe when you find a kennel you like the look at, send puppy on a weekend holiday. Even if just for 1 night. He will see then that you will be back, and be more able to enjoy the fun next time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement