Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ok.. I'm officially buying a car - wanna help?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

If this was in manual it would be my choice

no-image-large.gif

Bit more expensive but i'm sure you could knock a few pound off. Love the colour combination

http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/M3/SMG-Auto/200840190181661/advert

told you white exterior/red interior was good !!

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭MarkN

I don't think I'd want a white one.

You'd be spotted everywhere and it stands out a lot - I like that the silver is very subtle. A lot of my friends wouldn't even know I had changed cars if I bought that silver one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

MarkN wrote: »
    I don't think I'd want a white one.

You'd be spotted everywhere and it stands out a lot - I like that the silver is very subtle. A lot of my friends wouldn't even know I had changed cars if I bought that silver one.

mark if it was me id buy the white one too,they just look the biz in white,anyway why are you worried about it standing out to much? that is a car that deserves to stand out from the rest! go for it!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I'd prefer silver also, the white and red is too much, but 5k extra for the smg is well worth it imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

mark SMG is the one to have, have driven it and its really great.

• Advertisement

Right.. the figures.

€247 a week extra above what I pay to get into a 2008 M3 with 3,000 kms on it.

I'll have a look at the two cars tomorrow, SMG one is close enough price wise.

Insurance is 200 a year more.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Right.. the figures.

€247 a week extra above what I pay to get into a 2008 M3 with 3,000 kms on it.

I'll have a look at the two cars tomorrow, SMG one is close enough price wise.

Insurance is 200 a year more.

I'm so jealous...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

so over the 5 year spread it will cost you 64220 on top of your current loan + your current car.

I'd be reconsidering if I was you to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Thants a lot for relativly little gain (its even the same colour), I love when they say per week, it means that its really expensive. I would agree with steve 06. You could pay off a decent mortgage with the ammount you are spending on this.

Current loan would be gone.

Just paying for the M3.

It's a lot of money for it though, I think I'll look at cheaper Caymans again.

• Advertisement

steve06 wrote: »
    so over the 5 year spread it will cost you 64220 on top of your current loan + your current car.

how did you come up with that figure from 247 extra a week? I come up with about a quarter of that. One of us has shockingly bad maths!

It's €67000 over 61.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

copacetic wrote: »
    how did you come up with that figure from 247 extra a week? I come up with about a quarter of that. One of us has shockingly bad maths!

I think you said monthly rather than weekly.:P

I think you said monthly rather than weekly.:P

heh, I knew it'd be me with the bad maths!

Seems like a crazy cost to change Mark. You'd have to be better selling your car yourself at that cost. Should be 10k better off, even taking rock bottom for yours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Am I missing something here.?:confused:

why change a relatively new BMW 335i for a almost new BMW M3...?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Am I missing something here.?:confused:

why change a relatively new BMW 335i for a almost new BMW M3...?

:confused:

'Tis nuts but Ssshh! we're not supposed to be entertaining such negative thoughts and anyway it gives the schoolkids a chance to live vacariously through MarkN (who to be fair sounds like an otherwise reasonable and grounded bloke).
    Before I start, if you don't have a car suggestion or don't love cars, then don't reply. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

copacetic wrote: »

247 x 52weeks = 12844 x 5years = 64220

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

hmm I'd take this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

hmm I'd take this.

way overpriced, esp with VRT.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Hardly run in though, good example, VRT would be a killer but suspect would be worth it.

03 4S in Dub for 70k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

My choice if i was buying

CARmageddon1514.jpg
    2004-TVR-Sagaris-R-Car-Show-1280x960.jpg
    2004-TVR-Sagaris-RA-Top-1600x120

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

^ could be wrong but I think the OP wants a decent, reliable car rather than one that comes from a company that doesn't exist anymore, breaks down every few hundred miles and is a pain in the bollix to find parts for. but like I said I could be wrong.

tdc wrote: »
    ^ could be wrong but I think the OP wants a decent, reliable car rather than one that comes from a company that doesn't exist anymore, breaks down every few hundred miles and is a pain in the bollix to find parts for. but like I said I could be wrong.

I did say if you read the post that its my choice.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Mark, have you driven a new M3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

My choice if i was buying

That is diabolical, wtf is that meant to be, looks like something a 5 yr old would sketch out

That is diabolical, wtf is that meant to be, looks like something a 5 yr old would sketch out

What? its a photo not a sketch. TVR Sagaris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Healyc

I like it :D

Mark go for the M3 or save a few cuid and tune the 335i ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 64,974 ✭✭✭✭unkel

steve06 wrote: »

€247 a week extra looks like a lot of money to most people. But some people simply earn more than others and / or spend less than others. I say fair play and good luck to those people. If you can afford it Mark, by all means go for it!

Your time owning a Porsche will come sooner or later too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭kings mistake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,390 ✭✭✭fletch

Advertisement