Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ok.. I'm officially buying a car - wanna help?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Kafer wrote: »
    Is it the one with the WW reg?? :pac:

I think its this one. Dublin reg
    no-image-large.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Is it the coupe or 4 door? Either way it's a serious car!!! Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Great choice m3 is my dream car - get loads of pics up will ya!

Is it silver too? Good luck trying to convince your friends/family who don't know much about cars about your upgrade :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

All the best with the new motor mark.

I hope she's on the old tax system:D

Pics ASAP:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

congrats on the car - you're mad of course ! - but aren't we all ?

Can we say the recession is over now ??? :D:D Normal service will be resumed momentarily !!

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,961 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Well wear, Mark! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭MarkN

It's the silverstone one, in the flesh next to my 335 the colour is very different.

I just did a round trip of about 60kms and it's a blast. Almost 0 degrees at the moment so I wasn't pushing it really but the roar off it is just :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

MarkN wrote: »
    It's the silverstone one, in the flesh next to my 335 the colour is very different.

I just did a round trip of about 60kms and it's a blast. Almost 0 degrees at the moment so I wasn't pushing it really but the roar off it is just :D

Absolute. Seething. Hatred.

Enjoy! :D
    And hurry up with those pics!

Lol, am i allowed to say how jealous i am right now??:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Congrats Mark - best of luck with the beast - I think a few of us always felt the M3 was always the likely winner - I bet Joe Duffys will be pi$$ed they couldnt do a deal ..( I also look forward to your thread in 6 months time when you are changing again:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Congrats Mark, it is a unreal motor. Please post some pics of the interior also....so i can live vicariously through you. You have some liathróidi

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

congrats dude....

I can now say, I am officialy so so jealous....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Cant believe said no to the space grey one.. stunning

CB4_1220416_1_860386.jpg

Hash - I did think about the grey one WW reg and all (!!) but the combination of the colour of mine with the carbon fibre roof made my mind up.

fitzgeme - The interior has the extended leather and it's nappa all over so it's very comfy and I missed heated seats so much.

Cheers for all the comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Well done MarkN, absolute beauty. That's a serious drop in price for a car that was 120K 2,175 miles ago.

My next car hopefully, if I get planning from the boss/Missus in a year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,755 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Hash - I did think about the grey one WW reg and all (!!) but the combination of the colour of mine with the carbon fibre roof made my mind up.

fitzgeme - The interior has the extended leather and it's nappa all over so it's very comfy and I missed heated seats so much.

soooo jealous mark

hopefully will be in the market for one in the next 24 months :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Well wear MarkN, looking forward to hearing about life with the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

Great car, Mark, enjoy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ferris

Victor_M wrote: »
    Well done MarkN, absolute beauty. That's a serious drop in price for a car that was 120K 2,175 miles ago.

:eek: 23euro a mile!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

You're going to absolutely love the v8 engine Mark, it gives you a little more acceleration than your already quick 335, but with that deep rumble from under the bonnet, it's just addictive.

I was lucky enough to be at the launch of the car, and at a driver session in Mondello where we had BMW's professional driving team drift us around the track. They're just epic. Well wear!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Great that you came back & updated with your purchase. There's so much depression going around at the minute, at least this is a chink of light (even if it isn't my e92 M3!:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Beautiful car....well wear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Pics or it didn't happen :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Great car! good choice.

Now pics, pics, pics, pics.......

Btw, did you pay cash or financed it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Jealous as hell.

M3 would be my lotto car.

Good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Excellent choice, I absolutely love the Carbon roof, sex on wheels.

Best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Would I have seen your M3 parked on the Merrion Rd today on the way home from work?

• Advertisement

No but I do know the M3 you mean, think it belongs to someone in the row of houses there.

Advertisement