Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ok.. I'm officially buying a car - wanna help?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,793 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Ferris wrote: »
    it looks like Porsche are finally putting the 911 to bed by developing their newer cars with have better dynamics.

They developed their newer cars with far better dynamics more than 30 years ago and that didn't stop people wanting to buy the 911 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

MarkN wrote: »
    I really don't get what's so hard to swallow about this?

I'm from Dublin, I live in Dublin, I want to look at buying a prestige car, you don't generally see any of them with any other reg than Dublin and any dealer I've spoken to about the issue would have the same view that it is an important factor when selling on that type of vehicle.

You'll just as easily get a Cork person that doesn't want a Dublin reg.. it's really not that difficult to get.

I don't have a problem with people outside of Dublin, I've had girlfriends from outside of Dublin, I like going away for the weekend out of Dublin, I just want to drive a car, from Dublin!!??
    To be fair, I would also like a C reg rather than a D reg. That would be my choice. But, in the C reg guise, I might not get the range of cars that would fit the bill. The D reg guise, will fit the bill, because there is a lot more cars to choose from. Therefore, I think that a lot of people took you up wrong.
    Those same people would still prefer a "home county" reg if given the choice. I can *almost guarentee that.

* - means a poll which I couldn't be bothered with.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

LOL, is this still going on ??

Re putting the 911 to bed - not until they get 4 seats into a Cayman they won't.

Re, to D-reg or not to D-reg, that is the question.....whether 'tis nobler to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or.........not. Point is, in a used car market, garages charge extra for D-reg's for the very reason MarkN wants one. So, the real question is....how much of a premium you are prepared to pay for it......and if that doesn't feed into the whole money thing, well............

I dunno. My 0.02, as they say.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

I really don't get what's so hard to swallow about this?

I'm from Dublin, I live in Dublin, I want to look at buying a prestige car, you don't generally see any of them with any other reg than Dublin and any dealer I've spoken to about the issue would have the same view that it is an important factor when selling on that type of vehicle.

You'll just as easily get a Cork person that doesn't want a Dublin reg.. it's really not that difficult to get.

I don't have a problem with people outside of Dublin, I've had girlfriends from outside of Dublin, I like going away for the weekend out of Dublin, I just want to drive a car, from Dublin!!??

i agree with this,im from dublin and wouldnt buy a car if it didnt have a D reg either simply because when you go to sell it it wont sell as fast as a D reg in my opinion, 2 years ago i bought a car in england and as i was living in drogheda at the time i wrote down my mothers address which is in dublin on the vrt form just so i could have a D reg.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Jesus, can we leave the D reg alone and get back to spending Mark's money???

If he said he was superstitious about green and needed 7 seats, you wouldn't suggest green cabrio, would you?
    If he said he didn't want a car with a towbar, you wouldn't argue about the merits of towbars and how everyone down your way has towbars...

D reg is a requirement, suggest cars with a D reg and don't worry about the motivation.

More tasty cars please!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,793 ✭✭✭✭unkel

AudiChris wrote: »
    Jesus, can we leave the D reg alone and get back to spending Mark's money???

+1

I'll make it official - no more talking about the regs in this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

Yeh f**kin MAAAAAAAAD isn't it! I wanna spend my own money and get a car the way I want it.

Why bother putting a post up asking for advice so? go make up your own mind and buy the car that suits you,you will get all kinds of cars recommended here most from people who have probably never even sat in one of them.You will also invariably attract the sort of unwanted attention you are attracting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

997 all the way
    my 2 c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Mark stop the press....have you seen whats just appeared on carzone

http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/M6/650-V10-/200904191578044/advert

and its a cabrio, in budget a 2007.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

the one to get I reckon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

We have our winner. My god.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

That M6 is the dog's. Forget the 911.

2007 and barely broken in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

That's the car alright!!

You should be able to bargain pretty hard against it too, that level of car isn't really selling.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

am I the only one who doesn't like the cab at all?

Should be some bargaining to be done all right, nearly all
    of their BMWs are imports...

copacetic wrote: »

Should be some bargaining to be done all right, nearly all
    of their BMWs are imports...

:eek: Who imports an M6 in this economy?? LOl:pac:

Edit: Imagine how happy the dealer would be if his M6 sold within a week of trading it in. Very happy i imagine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I don't like the lines around the rear window, but apparently they are like that because the rear window doesn't retract with the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

I don't like the convertible too much either. The hardtop M6 is much nicer imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭MarkN

Wow. That is some car! :eek:

I rang about the silver 08 M3 in Maxwell last night.. "I'll call you back with a price in the morning".... and I'm still waiting. The arrogance of some dealers in this climate is just mind boggling!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Yep - if i had the cash i'd have that M6

And I know whet you mean about the dealers arrogance.
    I am trying to put in an order for the new Focus RS and am waiting for 3 lads to "ring me back" despite calling them a good few times.
    I reckon they wont listen unless you turn up in the showroom with cash in hand.

They rang me back just there, working on a cost to change now.

no-image-large.gif

http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/M3/Coupe/200840190181659/advert

• Advertisement

Oh yum...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

LOL - even I'd buy that M6 !! (even if it is black !)

Love the red interior.

+1 I say, if the number stack up.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Thats quite cheap for a 08 M3 is it not?

MarkN, what are you driving/trading for the new car?

Thats quite cheap for a 08 M3 is it not?

MarkN, what are you driving/trading for the new car?

Not really, that's just a dealer that wants to actually sell their stock. Both themselves and Belgard have slashed prices for the age of the cars on the forecourt.

I have a 07 335i M sport coupe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Feyy

Wow. That is some car! :eek:

I rang about the silver 08 M3 in Maxwell last night.. "I'll call you back with a price in the morning".... and I'm still waiting. The arrogance of some dealers in this climate is just mind boggling!

Nice, i would go with the M3 myself.

Hope it works out and if you do buy it, show plenty pics ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

If this was in manual it would be my choice

no-image-large.gif

Bit more expensive but i'm sure you could knock a few pound off. Love the colour combination

http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/M3/SMG-Auto/200840190181661/advert

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

If this was in manual it would be my choice

no-image-large.gif

Bit more expensive but i'm sure you could knock a few pound off. Love the colour combination

http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/M3/SMG-Auto/200840190181661/advert

Beauty of a car.

Is it possible to get the limiters taken out of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

White M3 is amazing, but is it going to be a big enough jump from the 335i?

And the 4-door is meant to be better handling?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

They rang me back just there, working on a cost to change now.

no-image-large.gif

http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/M3/Coupe/200840190181659/advert

Do it. Now. :D

Advertisement