Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Options
1198199200201202204»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Rolling Stones to release their 25th album Blue & Lonesome in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Rolling Stones to release their 25th album Blue & Lonesome in December.
    Wouldn't fuss too much it's a covers album

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Possible System of a down Euro tour next summer. Saw they will headline download France next year

Interesting. Probably unlikely that they'd come over here, but I'd probably go to see them out of nostalgias sake if they did. One of the first metal bands I got into when I was younger.

New Kreator album Gods Of Violence available for pre-order in 13 days time..

http://godsofviolence.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭rednik

Good interview with Mikey.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't fuss too much it's a covers album

Still a studio release :pac:

Delain/Evergrey & Kobra and the Lotus later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Delain/Evergrey & Kobra and the Lotus later :)

I'll be there. Only for Evergrey though.

Passenger wrote: »
    I'll be there. Only for Evergrey though.

You're not the only one for sure there :D , cheesy as they are I do like a bit of Delain meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Was anyone else at Lordi last week? It was my 2nd time seeing them and they are great craic live. Don't envy them having to wear those costumes and almost dying from the heat every night.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rainman16

Went to the Red Hot Chili Peppers gig in Birmingham last night. They're touring the UK with Babymetal. RHCP ain't what they used to be. And after seeing the high energy, highly entertaining opening act, The main event was a bit of a let down :(

Anyone going to see them in Dublin?

Anyone been to any of the UK shows? What did you think?

Was anyone else at Lordi last week? It was my 2nd time seeing them and they are great craic live. Don't envy them having to wear those costumes and almost dying from the heat every night.

Aren't they the band who won the eurovision? Surprised their still around, Where was the gig?

b406ec1349480ab04e6dadf2c7cc1eab.jpg

Happy Christmas Rockers!

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Happy Christmas Passenger, and to all at the Rock and Metal forum, hope you're having a good one! /m/

The craziest things I saw in Rock/Metal this month was, just over a week ago in London. Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith dressed up in full Babymetal style and performed Judas Priest covers with Su-Metal and her band. Then Smith brought out a birthday cake and had the Red Hot Chili Peppers fans sing happy birthday to her. :eek:

Rainman16 wrote: »
    Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith dressed up in full Babymetal style and performed made bits of Judas Priest covers with Su-Metal and her band. Then Smith brought out a birthday cake and had the Red Hot Chili Peppers fans sing happy birthday to her. :eek:

FYP :)

FYP :)

Yeah these covers aren't great. Su Metal's English pronunciation still needs allot of work. I think this was something they did off the cuff because Smith wanted to jam with the band. I guess for a bit of fun on the last night of a tour.

DME with their first announcement of 2017 tommorrow at 10 as per their Facebook page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Anybody heading to Meshuggah/The Haunted on Weds?

Stage Times

Doors: 7pm
    The Haunted: 7.45 - 8.30
    Meshuggah: 9 - 10.40

• Advertisement

Passenger wrote: »
    Anybody heading to Meshuggah/The Haunted on Weds?

Wow! An immense performance. A packed Vicar St. and first time seeing Meshuggah and glad I did. The light-show was just as impressive as their performance and really added to the audio-visual clusterfuck. The Haunted were worthy support. Overall, the sound was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,787 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Can't wait to see Sabbath 2morrow night in the 3arena. Lots of metal and rock gig's too look forward too this year in Ireland

Hope everyone else going from the board has a rocking time 2morrow night too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,903 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Cant take to that Blackstar Riders song on the radio ..:(

didnt know Meath is the birthplace of Robin McAuley who fronted Survivor for a short while among other bands. Hes not really known in Ireland, he must of left here at a young age

Is it just me or is there a current fad of some bands having bands that are kind of blues rock/led Zeppelin sounding ??

Bands such as Monster truck, rival sons, Tyler Bate and the shakedown etc all sound very similar and are mediocre at best imo

Is it just me or is there a current fad of some bands having bands that are kind of blues rock/led Zeppelin sounding ??

Bands such as Monster truck, rival sons, Tyler Bate and the shakedown etc all sound very similar and are mediocre at best imo

Some bands having bands?

Quick check says all bands running since 2009, Classic Rock blab on about them a bit from what I know, possibly don't quite get the question; bands that are influenced by Led Zeppelin/blues?...loads I'd gather but that didn't exactly start in 2009.

Some bands having bands?

Quick check says all bands running since 2009, Classic Rock blab on about them a bit from what I know, possibly don't quite get the question; bands that are influenced by Led Zeppelin/blues?...loads I'd gather but that didn't exactly start in 2009.

Typo by me

Question i was asking was why do a load of popular bands have support acts that are blue rock (full of vocal gymnastics etc) and all sound very similar eg Rival Sons, Vintage Trouble, Monster Truck etc ??

Have to hear Tyler Bryant and the Shakedown as support twice in the one week (supporting Aerosmith in Dublin 14 June and then on the 16th June in London Supporting Guns N Roses)

Well if you don't like the support for Aerosmith and Guns respectively, one simple solution, skip the supports and get there before the main act hits the stage.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Well if you don't like the support for Aerosmith and Guns respectively, one simple solution, skip the supports and get there before the main act hits the stage.

Ah if I can sit through Public Enemy (supporting Stone Roses in Manchester last year), Sweet Savage (maiden 2010) and some god awful band (can't think of there name) that supported Thin Lizzy/Guns N Roses in the 3arena in 2012, I can sit through Tyler Bryant and the shakedown at least once

• Advertisement

Question i was asking was why do a load of popular bands have support acts that are blue rock (full of vocal gymnastics etc) and all sound very similar eg Rival Sons, Vintage Trouble, Monster Truck etc ??

Coz these popular bands your referring too seem to be ones who are topping up the pensions get one of those acts come along and they won't be cutting into it :) . Perhaps they don't want to be upstaged either there's other bands that incorporate blues like Blues Pills or Clutch that would slay.

I'd rather Public Enemy than Tyler Bryant and his shakedown supporting Aerosmith in their case most likely got the gig as one of the shakedown includes Brad Whitfords son.

Advertisement