Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Quick one. Just looking at some Megadeth vinyl online, and I see you can buy their records in a few different formats.

There are picture disc vinyls which come in a clear package, and there seems to be ones with a traditional vinyl album cover.

The specs/weight of the vinyl seem to be different?

Is it a case that one is an old master, and the other is the new remastered ones.

While the differences can be subtle, some of the remastered/remixed albums sound really bad to me. I liked them first time around for a reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Picture disks are meant to be displayed more than anything, in fact I've read stuff about the packaging reacting with the vinyl to the point of it being unplayable.

Ah I see. If the vinyl releases are the new remixes then I'm going to steer clear !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

seachto7 wrote: »
    Is that Jeff Hanneman in the hockey jersey?

It is him alright...and here's Metallica...

K7E8j8c.jpg

I see Down have been removed from a festival in the Netherlands due to Phil's actions and there is a petition floating about to get them removed from Download aswell. Have to laugh some of the comments outta this the likes of "I'm disappointed I love Pantera he is supposed to be a Role model" etc....hang on Phil Anselmo? A role model? Go'way even before this story dropped Phil Anselmo? The slow barely able to talk big bellied dopesmoker is supposed to be a role model? bloody hell never woulda guessed :D

The festival well entitled to remove them of course maybe due to corporate pressure who knows....very excessive though IMO multiple artists on the go welcomed in the Netherlands and elsewhere who have displayed more in depth hate crimes likes of Clapton or that Chris Brown fella and many others but foolish Phil got pissed went all Hitler importantly did this all in front of a smartphone lens the kind of which filmed other crimes that night...the performances!

Music is a form that's very subjective and it's performers always questionable too people should vote with their feet if they believe Phil and/or his music is Sh1te don't attend his bands shows...simple really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

How's everyone doing? :) Any nice plans for the year yet? I think I'm off to Japan in June for Dir en grey's mode of VULGAR tour but getting tickets will be a nightmare. I don't have a Japanese credit card or address, don't know anyone living over there well enough that I can ask either. So I'll probably have to pay a shopping service a nice commission :O.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Hey Rei, not too bad here ;)

Wow, planning to follow Dir en Grey for another tour? There's dedication and then there's dedication.

I'm thinking of heading over for the Asylum Steampunk Festival in Lincoln, it'll be Steam Powered Giraffe's first show in Europe, so I'm all over that. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm still waiting for any announcements of a good tour coming to Ireland :( Still bummed about Cattle Decapitation coming to Europe, but not to here.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,916 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Angron wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for any announcements of a good tour coming to Ireland :( Still bummed about Cattle Decapitation coming to Europe, but not to here.

Black Sabbath the end tour ???. Any chance of that coming here.

Cradle of Filth next month, Angron? ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It's kinda awkward for me, cause I'll have my course the next day. I'd need to take a holiday day for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Links234 wrote: »
    Hey Rei, not too bad here ;)

Wow, planning to follow Dir en Grey for another tour? There's dedication and then there's dedication.

I'm thinking of heading over for the Asylum Steampunk Festival in Lincoln, it'll be Steam Powered Giraffe's first show in Europe, so I'm all over that. :D

They will be playing Vulgar in its entirety and it's my favourite album so I don't want to miss it :pac:

Ah cool, you should definitely go! :D. Think you'd be kicking yourself if you didn't :P.

I haven't really been out much at all lately and can feel the cabin fever setting in...March is a busy month though so just need to hang on a but longer. Although I do have Slipknot on Monday :D.

Back in again with a question on Megadeth vinyls.
    I saw Rust in Peace and Peace Sells... in Tower, and nowhere on the packaging does it say "remastered" or "remixed", just a sticker with "from the vaults" or something similar.

I assume then these would be the original recordings and not the horrible remasters?

Back in again with a question on Megadeth vinyls.
    I saw Rust in Peace and Peace Sells... in Tower, and nowhere on the packaging does it say "remastered" or "remixed", just a sticker with "from the vaults" or something similar.

I assume then these would be the original recordings and not the horrible remasters?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

So, anybody head to Exodus tonight? Sabaton, CoF, Amorphis, Moonspell and Overkill all on the horizon too.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Heading to Sabaton, should be fantastic. Looking forward to Alestorm supporting.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Heading to Sabaton, should be fantastic. Looking forward to Alestorm supporting.

Aye. Wouldn't mind seeing either too. Sabaton were probably gig of the year when they played The Academy previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Passenger wrote:
    Aye. Wouldn't mind seeing either too. Sabaton were probably gig of the year when they played The Academy previously.

Was at the gig last night. Absolutely brilliant. They really do give their performances so much energy and seem to enjoy them. Alestorm were good as well

Opeth playing Wembley Arena 19th of November very ambitious

Opeth playing Wembley Arena 19th of November very ambitious

Ah you'd imagine they've done the sums to justify the venue. People will travel from far and wide for a gig like that.

Passenger wrote: »
    Ah you'd imagine they've done the sums to justify the venue. People will travel from far and wide for a gig like that.

I dunno Nightwish were about £28 (standing) in same venue last year with Arch Enemy and Amorphis as support , in comparison Opeth appear to be nearly double that.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

just saw blind guardian are playing the academy in may. what's the academy like? it looks like a sardine tin with a thousand drunk people crammed in.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Yeah its pretty small but that can add to the atmosphere. Think it'll suit BG well.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

strelok wrote: »
    just saw blind guardian are playing the academy in may. what's the academy like? it looks like a sardine tin with a thousand drunk people crammed in.

It's a great venue if the gig isn't sold out. If it is sold out then it's just like you described.

hehe

i'll think it over, will probably chance getting a ticket later in the week. not all that fond of crowds but blind guardian is blind guardian.

strelok wrote: »
    hehe

i'll think it over, will probably chance getting a ticket later in the week. not all that fond of crowds but blind guardian is blind guardian.

Get in early and get a table upstairs on the balcony. It's a great spot to sit, enjoy a beer and see everything.

oh there's tables and seats?

that's that sorted so, ticket bought

Yeah, Academy is definitely one of my prefered venues for gigs in Ireland.

I missed out on seeing Cradle of Filth the other day :(

Anybody head to Amorphis + Textures in The Button Factory tonight? Fantastic gig. Sound and lighting were terrific.

Woo hoo! Slough Feg are gonna be playing in June! :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Mexcanelo

Links234 wrote: »
    Yeah, Academy is definitely one of my prefered venues for gigs in Ireland.

I missed out on seeing Cradle of Filth the other day :(

I also like The Academy. I went there to see "We Came As Romans/One Ok Rock back in December.

Cradle of Filth are not really my thing.

Advertisement