Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Anyone here going to Hans Zimmer tonight? Really looking forward to it.

Was a fantastic show!!
    Possibly one of the greatest events I've been to :o

Also, hi, been awhile o/

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'd agree, one of the best shows I've been at, completely blown away by it.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Angron wrote: »
    Ghost and Meshuggah doing gigs here, and I'm still waiting for anyone I like to come over :(

Not heard anything bout Ghost, Meshuggah ya some friends went nuts for that announcement not my cup gave them a few chances at various times genuinely don't get the fuss in fact the Djent thing in general just doesn't seem to wet my appetite.

DME are sick of people asking for Ghost by all accounts :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Angron wrote: »
    Ghost and Meshuggah doing gigs here, and I'm still waiting for anyone I like to come over :(

Where did you see about Ghost playing a gig?
    Not heard anything bout Ghost, Meshuggah ya some friends went nuts for that announcement not my cup gave them a few chances at various times genuinely don't get the fuss in fact the Djent thing in general just doesn't seem to wet my appetite.
    DME are sick of people asking for Ghost by all accounts :pac:

Been waiting years to see Meshuggah. One of my must-see bands tbh. Can't wait for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

No surprise Meshuggah is selling fast. Ticket got anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭gucci

Prophets of Rage (Tim C, Tom Morello and Brad Wilk from Rage Against the Machine, Chuck D from Public Enemy and B-Real from Cyprus Hill) have announced a big US Tour:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/prophets-of-rage-to-make-america-rage-again-with-summer-tour-20160606

Not sure if they will venture this side of the Atlantic, I guess it depends on what the commercials of their "project" is once they have made their political statement to coincide with the US Elections. Also not sure why Zach De La Rocha is absent from the line up, but I am sure these gigs will go down a storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Anyone going to Sigur Rós in Royal Hospital Kilmainham.

Haven't picked up a ticket yet, luckily they're still on sale. What's that place like as a venue? Never seen anyone there.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://play.spotify.com/track/02ukgbTiBNxzmoVbaaPDHh

ill leave this hear

Terrible but if philio was alive he prob love it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Dino Metal! \o/
    Musical groups targeted at kids tend to be pretty safe and silly, with lighthearted pop music and matching t-shirts, but a band from Finland called Hevisaurus has found a way to appeal to children and be totally badass at the same time by playing heavy metal while dressed as dinosaurs. This comes from Consequence Of Sound, which put together a quick introduction on Hevisaurus and interviewed the group’s producer Nino Laurenne and its frontman “Mr. Hevisaurus.” The band has sold 200,000 copies of its albums and even appeared in its own feature film, so clearly the whole dinosaur act is working pretty well.

As for why that is, Laurenne suggests that Hevisaurus’ appeal comes from the fact that it doesn’t try to teach lessons to the kids listening, preferring instead to just let them have fun and introduce them to the world of heavy metal music. The goal is that kids will listen to Hevisaurus, then move on to more traditional metal bands when they get older, and then return to Hevisaurus when they realize that the music is still pretty cool—something that The Wiggles or whatever probably don’t count on.

http://www.avclub.com/article/finnish-band-teaches-kids-about-heavy-metal-while--239037

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

This is pretty cool. A data analysis of the natural language in lyrics of metal bands.

http://www.degeneratestate.org/posts/2016/Apr/20/heavy-metal-and-natural-language-processing-part-1/

It takes metal as a whole body of work, doesn't split down to genre, or time period, and I don't know if he only used songs written in English (I doubt it) or used any lyrics even if they had been sung in another language and were translated to English for the site he got he data from (more probable.)

watching Disturbed live at Rock Am Ring 2016 on youtube

why oh why dont they ever play Ireland ?? love to see them

As Motley Crue never played Ireland, i had to travel to Manchester to see them last year, i mite have to do the same for Disturbed.

If Alter Bridge played Ireland id go but dont like them enough to go abroad to see them. Savage line up for there Autumn euro tour this year in fairness (Them, Volbeat and Gorja)

I saw Disturbed at Graspop and tbh they were fairly underwhelming, having never seen them before previous to this would have probably bought a ticket to their own show but they wouldn't have sold me one based on that now. The set only really gained momentum when Nikki Sixx and DJ Ashba joined for Shout At The Devil but 3 songs later they were finished.

Alter Bridge/Volbeat/Gojira is just 30(+fees) bargain tbf

2017 looks like it will be an expensive year for me (no girlfriend, no expensive TVs etc for me in 2017 lol)

Jan- A7X and Disturbed In the 3arena and then Black Sabbath there a few days later

Possibly U2, GNR, Metallica, Iron Maiden and Bon Jovi Irish dates too

I'll be 27 then few regreats (not having kids, another girlfriend, more stable job, degree) but gigs keep me going in life TBH

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I'll be 27 then few regreats (not having kids, another girlfriend, more stable job, degree) but gigs keep me going in life TBH

You are 26......more gigs than kids is surely the way to go :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Anyone at mastodon in the academy last night? It was my second time seeing time it was great

Missed it unfortunately :( Very busy this summer so having to forgo most gigs. May go to Yob, but other than that I'm gigless until November :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,503 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Sick Of It All tomorrow and Yob in October. Oh yeah!

Thought SOIA was Thursday. Facebook reminders actually have some use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Missed it unfortunately :( Very busy this summer so having to forgo most gigs. May go to Yob, but other than that I'm gigless until November :(

They said they'd be back next year touring a new album :D

They said they'd be back next year touring a new album :D

Nice one :D One of the band has Irish roots I believe so they always do a gig here. Seen them 2 years ago but be good to see them with a new album out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Hi o/

Was at Mastodon the other evening - what an experience!

I got laser eye surgery over the last month and that was my first ever concert without glasses - just fantastic how much I could see and appreciate :D While also the odd head bang and shuffle without fear of losing them :o:)

Hope everyone is well in here!

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Nice one :D One of the band has Irish roots I believe so they always do a gig here. Seen them 2 years ago but be good to see them with a new album out.

Yeah Bill Kelliher I believe has roots in Cork or Kerry, Saw them at Brutal Assault this day last week bloody love those guys! hopefully we do get something when they tour a new album

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Sick Of It All tomorrow and Yob in October. Oh yeah!

Thought SOIA was Thursday. Facebook reminders actually have some use.

Didn't even know they were still going. I had quick look on ticketmaster there. Said none available. Anyone any ideas where to get a ticket?

Didn't even know they were still going. I had quick look on ticketmaster there. Said none available. Anyone any ideas where to get a ticket?

Sorry, only saw this now. It wasn't sold out and you could pay at the door.

It was awesome though. Opened with Take The Night Off, Injustice System and Its Clobberin Time. I stood back a bit but there seemed to be a small pit going.

Today I discovered there's a metal band with a slug theme. They're called Slugdge. And they're actually pretty decent!

Slug metal, what a world we live in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Give me whale metal with Ahab any day :pac:

Seems like there is an abundance of slug metal about :)

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

xerces wrote: »
    Whale metal /m/

Seems like there is an abundance of slug metal about smile.png

Funnily enough, these lads are playing a gig I'm heading to tonight.

• Advertisement

Possible System of a down Euro tour next summer. Saw they will headline download France next year

Advertisement