Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

I did notice some off timings alright right between Al and Emil during State of Non-Return, but was only a small thing really, quickly forgotten about under all that fuzz.

Don't mind the lack of crowd interaction at a gig in general. Prefer the band to actually play songs inside of licking the crowds ass, telling them how great they are...

Hope we get a Dublin gig from Sleep in July, although, I am tempted by the gig in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

I did notice some off timings alright right between Al and Emil during State of Non-Return, but was only a small thing really, quickly forgotten about under all that fuzz.

Don't mind the lack of crowd interaction at a gig in general. Prefer the band to actually play songs inside of licking the crowds ass, telling them how great they are...

Hope we get a Dublin gig from Sleep in July, although, I am tempted by the gig in London.

Yeah. Picked up my ticket for the London gig in a semi state of panic when it was announced on Friday. Meeting a buddy of mine from Madrid at it though so should be a good night. If a Dublin gig is announced all the better. Get to see them twice!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm not a fan of the OTT interaction, but it's nice when a band looks at least vaguely arsed about being in a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

So I had that job interview on Monday. I was really nervous and thought I'd blown it...got an email today, got the job!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Congrats Rei! :D

• Advertisement

Thank you :D. I'm really chuffed, been trying to get back into employment for ages. I had just left the job centre when I got the email :pac:. Waiting on a start date now.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Great news Reiketsu and the very best of luck with the job :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Tried to get my sister a ticket for Adele this morning, no joy :(

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Tried to get my sister a ticket for Adele this morning, no joy :(

Same here, was going to be her Christmas present. :o

Links234 wrote: »
    Same here, was going to be her Christmas present. :o

Apparently both Dublin gigs sold out in 5 minutes :eek:

• Advertisement

Girlfriend bought Undertale for me the other day, only played a little of it so far, but oh my god, the soundtrack is gorgeous! :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I love stormy weather like this when I've nowhere to be :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Just back in from taking the dog for a brief walk so she could go to the toilet. I had a massive mug of hot chocolate, she's curled up on my lap snoozing away in her little Christmas jumper. The storm's blowing outside, but it's lovely and warm in here. Gonna chill for the rest of the night, maybe play more Undertale, or possibly The Witcher. I think I'm nearing the end of it, then it's on to Witcher 2!

Yeah, our dog is refusing to go outside, she hates the wind :pac:. Couldn't take her out a walk in that anyway, it's horrendous up here. I'm heading out tonight for a cousin's birthday...better be the best steak I've ever had if I'm going out in that :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I've got cabin fever and want to go for a walk. But there's so much debris flying around that I'm afraid of getting killed.

Well, at least I'm not a dog and can pee inside.

Dog pooped inside today :(

Frankly, I can't blame her.

Hey all, what's the plans for the weekend? I'm heading out shortly for dinner and drinks with my mum before going to see Alan Carr. Decided to book tickets on a whim last week. As for the rest of the weekend I'll probably be lying low!

Laying low here, finished with the first semester in college on Wednesday, now how to kill 5 weeks worth of time off.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Work Christmas party this weekend. First time in 3 months I'll have worn heels, and I'm also shoehorning myself into a strapless bra.

prayformojo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Got both a work christmas party in Dublin and a 30th in Ennis on Saturday night, but am going to neither because money. Starting a new job in a month with a pay cut, but better experience, so need to stop spending money wrecklessly. Staying in and watching the McGregor fight instead

• Advertisement

Going to a friend's birthday party in Dubland, catching up with some other friends while there. Next week though, Star Wars! :D

Heading to The Aristocrats tomorrow night, very much looking forward to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Heading to The Aristocrats tomorrow night, very much looking forward to it :)

I'll probably be doing the same. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Yeah I'll be heading in as well. Should be a good gig. New album is brilliant and they were great last time I saw them.

Hey fellas, you reckon it's safe enough paying at the door and do you know what time The Aristocrats are on stage at?

I tried to buy 8 tickets there and it would only give me 5, not sure if that's a reflection of availability or not.

You can buy one and select box office collection if you want to be sure

https://secure.tickets.ie/Booking/EventTickets/23629/the-aristocrats-the-grand-social-12-December-2015

On stage times, I don't think there's a support and doors are 7.30, so they'll probably be on at 8.30, though might head for 8 to be sure.

Thanks, SN. That's grand. Will do that.

The Aristocrats were great. Really enjoyed the gig. Brian Beller knows his way around an anecdote too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I just published my second book on amazon a few minutes ago. It's my flatmates birthday tomorrow so I'll be heading out for a few quiet Sunday night drinks with him, but then it's back to the nerves on my own. I'll definitely be needing some music on as a I fall asleep tonight. I don't know if BBC3 has any good classical music lined up, but if they do I'm there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Got the new Mourning Beloveth album. Mighty stuff altogether.

Advertisement