Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Passenger wrote: »
    The Aristocrats were great. Really enjoyed the gig. Brian Beller knows his way around an anecdote too. :D

Nice that you managed to get in. The queue was ridiculous for the ticket collection. Pretty badly organised. Great gig though. I just wish people would shut the f*ck up when the band are talking about the songs though.
    Lyaiera wrote: »
    I just published my second book on amazon a few minutes ago. It's my flatmates birthday tomorrow so I'll be heading out for a few quiet Sunday night drinks with him, but then it's back to the nerves on my own. I'll definitely be needing some music on as a I fall asleep tonight. I don't know if BBC3 has any good classical music lined up, but if they do I'm there.

Ah nice. What's the book about?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Somnus wrote: »
    Nice that you managed to get in. The queue was ridiculous for the ticket collection. Pretty badly organised. Great gig though. I just wish people would shut the f*ck up when the band are talking about the songs though.

Yes, when I arrived the queue was out into the main bar area and I was unsure whether they would have any tickets left when it eventually inched its way to the box office. Got in anyway and it was an all round great performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Somnus wrote: »
    Ah nice. What's the book about?

I have two, both set in the same urban fantasy world. A plague hit humanity, and when the witches discovered a cure they announced their existence to the world. The first book is about a witch working in a plague hospital who discovers that vampires are getting the power to work their magic during daylight, and ends up fighting them. The second is a series of short stories exploring how the world has changed now that witches, vampires, fae, and shifters are out amongst the humans.

They're both available on Amazon.
    The first one, Beyond Night's Dawn is available here.
    The second one, Beyond Dawn's Light is available here, and should be free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

My daughter and I have come down with some sort of plague. Send medicine and ice cream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I can make hot whiskeys if that'll do you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Links234 wrote: »

Hot whiskey and Lemsip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

That's it! I've heard enough about hot whiskeys, it's about time I tried one. How do you make yours Links?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Well, I can have those :pac:. My girl didn't improve at all today, could be another day off school on the cards. She was already off last week with a vomiting bug but what can you do.

That's it! I've heard enough about hot whiskeys, it's about time I tried one. How do you make yours Links?

Whiskey, hot water, lemon with cloves, and instead of sugar I use honey. Makes it even better. ;)

(Also, I accidentally misclicked when I went to quote your post, so it now shows "last edited by Links234" and I apologise for that, I didn't alter your post.)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Whiskey, hot water, lemon with cloves, and instead of sugar I use honey. Makes it even better. ;)

(Also, I accidentally misclicked when I went to quote your post, so it now shows "last edited by Links234" and I apologise for that, I didn't alter your post.)
    Silly Links, I know I've never done that before.

>_>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

What's your ratio of whiskey to hot water?

What's your ratio of whiskey to hot water?

I don't know, I just eyeball it, whatever looks right. I don't like it too strong, so probably not more than a regular measure of whiskey, then topped up with water.

Went to see The Force Awakens last night. It is brilliant. To me it had everything that makes Star Wars great. I think most fans will enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It is so bloody depressing watching Manchester United under Louis Van Gaal.

0-2 Norwich :(

• Registered Users Posts: 37,923 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Saw aslan Last night in Waterford and it's so good to see Christy dignam recovering so well. The guy was so close to death his whole life. Would love to meet him

Saw the Force Awakens myself last night, I think it tried to mirror A New Hope a little bit too much, but otherwise a good start to a new trilogy.

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

----m-metal-1011325_zpsvbbueji3.gif

Hope ya all have a great Christmas folks!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,923 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Have fallen in love with a band called volbeat. There Metallica meets rockabilly.

Happy Xmas to all

• Registered Users Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Have fallen in love with a band called volbeat. There Metallica meets rockabilly.

Happy Xmas to all

You're not the only one they seem to be at every festival I attend for the last number of years and no interest in their stuff myself.

Going to Graspop next year....Volbeat headlining....D'oh!

Happy Christmas All!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Right, belt is loosened, it's time for turkey... :D Merry Christmas, Rockers. Have a good one.

Messy Christmas, one and all ;)

I've been enjoying some of the Christmas mead that I had prepared specially for the occaision! :D

Happy new year Rockers ;)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Happy New years folks

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Every one have a good New Years?

Was fairly quiet for myself, and looks like a lot of people I know had quiet nights too. Enjoyed it though.

Yup, good New Years here, went out to a friend's house and had a laugh.

Driving back through town though, there was a lot of drunken idiots around, and quite a few tried to hail us thinking we were a taxi. There was this one woman who was standing in the middle of the road absolutely ****faced trying to stop cars. :eek:

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Happy New Year all!;)

How's it all going in here?

I may have gotten my mitts on a signed copy of Steam Powered Giraffe's latest album. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Picked up quiet a little stack of cd's over Christmas for myself :D, and by little stack I mean 6..

• Advertisement

What you get?

Advertisement