Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Still disappointed I missed out on One OK Rock :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Mexcanelo

Links234 wrote: »

They were brilliant. It was one of the best show I've been to in years. They promised to come back, I'll definitely go to see them again.

WCAR were brilliant too. I had quick chat with them after the show.

The Ticket was £20, Absolute bargain to see 2 class rock bands.

Takahiro Moriuchi is a brilliant vocalist too

Have you heard of Aya Kamiki? She's another great Japanese vocalist, although probably not as good as Taka Moruchi. Her band "Uroboros" is not as well know either. I only heard about them from watching the Anime "Rokka no Yuusha" and a song she did called Black Swallowtail

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The impossible is possible, tonight:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

It just the strangest thing that last Thursday before I was finished up for the week I was enjoying Siamese Dream in work, a terrific album but one I hadn't listened to for years! Is that James back to stay?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Cattle Decapitation announced a Euro tour. 5 dates in UK, and nothing here. F*cking hell it's hard to get good bands over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Well, Mastodon are playingthe Academy on the 15th of August, so that's keeping me happy.

On another note, have seen a couple of announcements for gigs from big bands today, that are just April fools. Can't trust anything you read online today.

The Mastodon gig is actually true though, it's up on ticketmaster.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Okay, I love F*ck the Facts. Ordered 2 cds and a t-shirt, shipping from Canada. One of the guys in the band does the shipping himself, e-mailed me to double check the shipping address, and then later e-mailed to say they were sent now but because they might take a while he gave me a code to download one of their albums online :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AgentCooper

bnt wrote: »
    The impossible is possible, tonight:

:O An Easter miracle!

I wonder if they'll ever reunite with D'arcy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,569 ✭✭✭✭briany

:O An Easter miracle!

I wonder if they'll ever reunite with D'arcy...

If only D'Arcy had decided to age a little more gracefully. And she still doesn't look the most sane,

HR6XogT.jpg

Cocaine is a hell of a drug. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,923 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Out of all the concerts u went too what ones would you not go back too if they played here again ???

I saw Def Leppard twice and Wud not go back a third time (same songs and screen visuals the whole time), Journey, Fleetwood Mac, RHCP, Morrissey(not that they were bad but they play the same sets almost every tour)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Out of all the concerts u went too what ones would you not go back too if they played here again ???

I saw Def Leppard twice and Wud not go back a third time (same songs and screen visuals the whole time), Journey, Fleetwood Mac, Rush, RHCP (not that they were bad but they play the same sets almost every tour)
    Rush? RUSH?

Get the hell outta here!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 37,923 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Rush? RUSH?

Get the hell outta here!

Second thought I'd go back. Saw them in 2011 doing the whole moving picture album. Epic

I'll edit now

Probably most, I don't tend to see bands multiple times. Saw Opeth a handful of times, and while the first time I saw them was easily one of the best gives I've ever been to, I was rather bored after that. Don't kill me!

Metallica. I only went for the support acts, I've no interest in seeing Metallica themselves again.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The only one I wouldn't go to again would be Dragonforce, they were absolutely diabolical.

I didn't bother going to Sonata Arctica when they were in London last year even though they were great when I saw them in Dublin in 2008 - recent weak albums and the standing-only venue (O2 Academy Islington) while I was pregnant weren't appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I saw Def Leppard twice and Wud not go back a third time (same songs and screen visuals the whole time), Journey, Fleetwood Mac, RHCP, Morrissey(not that they were bad but they play the same sets almost every tour)

Seen a lot of bands multiple times but yeah Def Leppard is one for sure but they usually heading a decent bill, Fleetwood Mac amazing when saw but the cost would likely be no seeing again. Alkaline Trio woeful frontman was in a state. Lamb of God (too formulaic) Shinedown (miming). Black Label Society (20 minute solo play a song ffs :D).
    Probably most, I don't tend to see bands multiple times. Saw Opeth a handful of times, and while the first time I saw them was easily one of the best gives I've ever been to, I was rather bored after that. Don't kill me!

Yeah I get what ya mean although I bloody love Opeth so take them in if it's doable and tbf the last time I saw them (playing Ghost Reveries in full) was prob the best time I seen them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Blind Guardian were immense tonight in The Academy. Did anybody happen to head along? The crowd was one of the best I've seen recently too. Even enjoyed Gloryhammer in all their cheesy Power Metal goodness.

• Advertisement

Been waiting 10 years to see Blind Guardian and they were every bit as good as I had hoped :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Been waiting 10 years to see Blind Guardian and they were every bit as good as I had hoped :)

Had a feeling you'd be there alright. ;)

Wasn't a chance I was going to miss it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Gutted I'd to miss Guardian work :( , DME announced 3 shows today Vektor,Blue Oyster Cult & Delain/Evergrey/Kobra & the Lotus. A ticket to Blue Oyster Cult may cheer me up! DME also have some more announcements Monday I believe.

I was too broke to see Blind Guardian, thankfully I'd seen them before, but still a kick in the guts to miss them, especially with Gloryhammer supporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I was in town that evening and decided to give it a miss, I really have no idea WTF I was thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Anyone here going to Hans Zimmer tonight? Really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

totally, my metal show of the year so far…awesome songs, awesome playing, awesome sound…

• Advertisement

Ghost and Meshuggah doing gigs here, and I'm still waiting for anyone I like to come over :(

Advertisement