Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Links234 wrote: »
    What you get?

Motorhead - Overkill
    Trivium - Silence In The Snow
    Alter Bridge - One Day Remains
    Fear Factory - Genexus
    Exodus - The Atrocity Exhibition... Exhibit A
    Tremonti - Cauterize

And HMV Oxford Street in London had Motorhead on full blast when i went in there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas and New Years :). I was still waiting on a start date for the job I got on December 3rd (!) but finally got an email from them today saying they've received no word from their client about a start date. Great. However I get word about another job I'd applied for and I have a telephone interview for that on Friday morning :). Also I have another cold. Not happy :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Anybody heading to Therion on Friday? Really looking forward to it tbh. It's going to be a 'Best Of' setlist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

It's odd, I haven't been going to any gigs at all lately, which is a bit of a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Same. I got to very few gigs in 2015. Really want to make up for it this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,916 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Started rewatching metalocalypse. Brillent show

Love the doctors names that the tribunal bring in to discuss topics

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Started rewatching metalocalypse. Brillent show

Love the doctors names that the tribunal bring in to discuss topics

I rewatched them all awhile ago, absolutely brilliant.

The musical episode at the very end is terrible though.

They still have to officially finish it, apparently Adultswim won't give them the budget they want to finish it off.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

I rewatched them all awhile ago, absolutely brilliant.

The musical episode at the very end is terrible though.

They still have to officially finish it, apparently Adultswim won't give them the budget they want to finish it off.

Ah I love it.

Dr Rockso saving the day with cocaine being a particular highlight.

Blind Guardian are coming back to Dublin :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Aye, saw that. I'm still disappointed that Cattle Decapitation are doing a European tour, but it's just mid-east Europe, so they aren't coming anywhere near us. They haven't been here since before they released Monolith of Inhumanity, and I'd love to get to see them and hear a few of their newer songs live like Manufactured Extinct, A Living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat (which I had a t-shirt of, until my mother accidentally ran over it with a lawnmower), and Kingdom of Tyrants.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Blind Guardian are coming back to Dublin :D

If they are anything like as good as they were in London last April you're in for a treat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Hi all o/

Has been awhile! How is everyone? How was Christmas and New Years?

It's been rough for awhile musically, on our hearts, with Lemmy and now Bowie - God is getting a super-group together.

Hope everyone is well :)

If they are anything like as good as they were in London last April you're in for a treat :)

2.5 hour set :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Angron wrote: »
    Aye, saw that. I'm still disappointed that Cattle Decapitation are doing a European tour, but it's just mid-east Europe, so they aren't coming anywhere near us. They haven't been here since before they released Monolith of Inhumanity, and I'd love to get to see them and hear a few of their newer songs live like Manufactured Extinct, A Living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat (which I had a t-shirt of, until my mother accidentally ran over it with a lawnmower), and Kingdom of Tyrants.
    Well this is just depressing, now Cannibal Corpse have announced a European tour, and they're just doing the same region as the Cattle Decapitation/Suffocation tour. I hate living in Ireland.

Woop woop! Blind Guardian! :D

I also see The Gazette are touring, and they're one band I'd love to see live, but it'd be a bit of a trek to go see 'em.

Not Alan Rickman too :(

Therion were absolutely fantastic last night. Incredible sound and performance.

Somebody uploaded some good quality vids of the performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

Passenger wrote: »
    Therion were absolutely fantastic last night. Incredible sound and performance.

Somebody uploaded some good quality vids of the performance.

it was a great show and these are great videos, sounds like more than just a phone recording…only criticism i have is that i would have liked to hear a few other songs and i don’t think the girl with the pink hair really fits therion’s stage appearance, outfit and jumping around and all, compared to the ladies in 2007 like…

Wurzelbert wrote: »
    these are great videos, sounds like more than just a phone recording…

Testament to just how good the sound was.
    Wurzelbert wrote: »
    i don’t think the girl with the pink hair really fits therion’s stage appearance, outfit and jumping around and all, compared to the ladies in 2007 like…

She is yer man's daughter. But she certainly has the lungs for it though tbf.

Surprised no one's mentioned Phil Anselmo's shenanigans at the end of Dimebash 2016..

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Surprised no one's mentioned Phil Anselmo's shenanigans at the end of Dimebash 2016..

Me too, I was gonna start a thread about it. It's not surprising in the least, but still, Phil is an incredible f*ckknuckle. You see Rob Flynn's response to it?

Links234 wrote: »
    Me too, I was gonna start a thread about it. It's not surprising in the least, but still, Phil is an incredible f*ckknuckle. You see Rob Flynn's response to it?

Yeah Phil does have a habit of doing stupid **** like this.. I saw Robb Flynn's response to it, and kudos to him for calling out Phil out on his ****, kinda surprised more people didn't speak up about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

What's this about?

What's this about?

Watch for yourself.

And Robb Flynn's response, calling Anselmo on his bull****.

12592239_1231844100165635_3107785702942932817_n.jpg?oh=a824f26710d212bbd8ef81d010079873&oe=57455C26&__gda__=1462263623_0cc1cd728307bc5625b493b217bcfabf

I lol'd :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Not the first time Phil has done something like that, and likely not the last.

How's everyone doing lately anyway?

I'm looking forward to getting a Sigur Rós ticket next week. Last time they were here it was sublime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Fair play to Robb Flynn for doing that video. I'm now wondering by extension are Down and CoC a bunch of hicks as well, and should I throw out their albums! :(:pac:

I'm still going to stick on The Great Southern Trendkill and think of all the hipsters and posers I could be roaring at!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

This is hardly anything new is it? Phil isn't the brightest see him live a mumbling in his tongue is a given although he went too far this time and the crappy white wine excuse come off it lad.

Pantera were constantly questioned over being racist throughout their career. (Guy at end of vid even yells the phrase that's got Phil in hot water :()

I know Phil mentioned in interviews how he couldn't understand why white people would embrace rap/hip-hop but it didn't appear to work the other way round when it came to metal.

Robb is equally unusual when I bumped into the band put it this way for a man who seems to love the virtual "likes" he had no interest for real "likes", so when I saw his video although making sense I couldn't not help but think it was for his own benefit and in the terrible performance of New Level from the night at some point Phil turns to Robb and has a mumble something along the lines "you don't know me Flynn" Robb also mentions in the video Phil said he hated the 'N' era of Machine Head sounds like a Braindeads way of saying sh1te album Robb and could be offensive to Robb more than anything.

k7LJA1Ak7LJA1A.jpg?1

k7LJA1A

Is that Jeff Hanneman in the hockey jersey?

• Advertisement

Quick one. Just looking at some Megadeth vinyl online, and I see you can buy their records in a few different formats.

There are picture disc vinyls which come in a clear package, and there seems to be ones with a traditional vinyl album cover.

The specs/weight of the vinyl seem to be different?

Is it a case that one is an old master, and the other is the new remastered ones.

While the differences can be subtle, some of the remastered/remixed albums sound really bad to me. I liked them first time around for a reason!

Advertisement