Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

How many times have you seen Diru now?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Links234 wrote: »
    I think public transport just isn't built with taller individuals in mind. Knee space in buses is as bad.
    Leg room on buses is a bloody nightmare. If I'm lucky buses are empty enough so I can sit slanted, otherwise my knees will be pressed right into the seat in front of me. A horrible prospect if you're gonna be on a bus 2 hours+ like I often am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

How many times have you seen Diru now?

18 times :). The first show of the tour was on Monday in Seattle and they played Obscure, Merciless Cult and Saku all in a row, as well as Child Prey. I'm excited :D.

I would've liked to have seen them once :o

Aww I hope you get to! The live last night was really good but I was still too jet lagged to really go mad. Feel fantastic this morning though :D. Waiting on my flight to LA!

• Advertisement

So, how was LA?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I have a fair bit of time for listening to music in work these days, and I'm tempted to try to listen to all of my music library. It'd be a challenge, and probably tiresome at points. But I think it might be fun to go through and enjoy some stuff I haven't listened to in ages.

I'll fail, but we'll see how far I get :P

Good luck with that Somnus ;)

So, how was LA?

LA was great, wish I could have spent more time there. The show was just perfect :D. They played The IIID Empire and C in the encore and I couldnt contain myself haha. Im in Chicago now, after a two day long train ride. About to get ready to head to the venue. Early doors at 6pm and start at 7pm for some reason.

Reiketsu wrote: »
    a two day long train ride.

:eek:

I can't even! How did you manage to stay sane?

• Advertisement

:eek:

I can't even! How did you manage to stay sane?

It was hard :(. Last few hours were unbearable!

Just in from the show. Went drinking with Die :D. Off to NYC next.

Wow! Enjoy NYC ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Reiketsu wrote: »
    It was hard :(. Last few hours were unbearable!

Just in from the show. Went drinking with Die :D. Off to NYC next.

What was the train like? Comfy, beds? I'd say it felt pretty long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Well done on the Modhood Links!

Anybody heading to Ghost in the UK next month?

Thanks Nea! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,531 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Ears are still ringing from High On Fire last night. What a performance

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Post gig blues after Monday have set in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Ears are still ringing from High On Fire last night. What a performance

Would have loved to have went, but couldn't get time off work :(

Ah well, have Om to look forward to at the end of the month.

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Clutch next week should be a blast, cracking gig last time 'round!

Somnus wrote: »
    What was the train like? Comfy, beds? I'd say it felt pretty long

I was in coach. The seats reclined a good bit and had foot rests. You could book a roomette but they cost $500. Meals included but still didn't seem worth it to me.

Starting my journey home now. Had a blast. Finished last night in Toronto in the front row in front of Kaoru (ALWAYS Kaoru :D).

• Advertisement

You are obsessed :D

I wouldn't say that...just enthusiastic :D. Caught Toshiya's pick in New York as well. Im gonna sleep forever when I get home.

I absolutely love these 2 albums :D

The_Winery_Dogs_album.jpg

thewinerydogshotstreakcd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Really like The Winery Dogs. The Self-Titled album was a belter. Been a fan of Billy for years and what with Portnoy and Kotzen (Who sounds uncannily like Chris Cornell) on board the results are bound to be interesting. Must give Hot Streak a gander soon too.

Have both on regular rotation, self titled was feeling it out/working together, Hot Streak has built on that and then some, plus it helps when Mike, Billy & Richie are treating it like a band and not a side project & one off album.. Which considering everything Mike Portnoy juggles, i don't know where he finds the time.

Would definitely go to see them if they announced a Dublin show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

They sound very tight and cohesive that's for sure and going by some of the live performances on YouTube I would be on that like white on rice.

Never listened to the Winery Dogs before, watching that set now ;)

I got home yesterday and I'm still not back on the same planet :O.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I've decided I'm going to learn piano. I was messing around with a DAW over the weekend, and making noises. I'm going to order a midi keyboard when I have enough saved up. I have a crappy guitar and drum set, from my teenage dreams of being in a band, but I learned them with all the enthusiasm of a dreaming teenager (so I learned a power chord and one drum rhythm and left it at that.)

I had to come home to my parents for a few days. They have my mother's childhood piano after my grandmother died. She was forced to learn and never kept it up. I was sitting at it practicing scales for a bit. I came back into the kitchen and my father said that's the most it's been played in thirty years. It's horribly out of tune, of course.

I know piano isn't the most rock and roll instrument, but I figure it's the best for learning how to write songs. And it has the bonus of when you press a key it sounds like something, unlike when I strum a guitar.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Piano is, in my opinion, the best solo instrument. I played as a child and now I look back and think I really should have stuck with it.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Advertisement