Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mess

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

it's September, where in the name of fcuk has this year gone. Is it just because I'm getting old or what?

on the upside, it means it's only 3 weeks til Ibiza
    Ibiza? :eek: :eek: ssooo jealous! Ibiza was one of my best holidays!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

same here.

you have no idea how much i can't wait

I think I can.

I should also tell you that I hate you right now.

should i mention we're staying less than 100 yards from Bora Bora, that from our room we'll be overlooking the beach and that because we have a few contacts we have free VIP entry to the Space closing party?

should i mention we're staying less than 100 yards from Bora Bora, that from our room we'll be overlooking the beach and that because we have a few contacts we have free VIP entry to the Space closing party?

You filthy, dirty, nasty baxtard. :mad::mad: I wish sunstroke on you or RAIN!! :mad:

• Advertisement

your incredibly mean

your incredibly mean
    ME? why that's me being rather nice! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

woohoo!!

4 days til i go on holidays

96 hours total

31 working hours

woohoo!!!

Where are you off too? :(

turkey.

bring it on!!!!

• Advertisement

for how long Sam34?

am very jealous indeed!

for how long Sam34?

am very jealous indeed!

5 days.

countdown is on!!:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭allsaintssue

Ugh...In five days I will be slaving away on a third year nursing placement....Don't suppose anyone wants to swap places....no takers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Ugh...In five days I will be slaving away on a third year nursing placement....Don't suppose anyone wants to swap places....no takers?

I'd swap.

Granted I'd be positively clueless and you'd only be swapping for a few days in Cork...

But all the same, I'm not back until the 21st and I miss being busy!

I garuntee you would regret saying that 6 hours into a shift....But at least im in Dublin you can come up to the 'Big Smoke' (Isn't that what you people outside of Dublin call it?;))

Actually i can't really complain as I get to do my theatre placement this time which I cannot wait for!!!!!:D:D:D

But at least im in Dublin you can come up to the 'Big Smoke' (Isn't that what you people outside of Dublin call it?;))

Oh that it is! I ain't ne'er seen a city. I spend each and every day out back chewin' on th' corn. And a milkin' Bessie. :p

That's how we speak in Cork.:)

Actually I live very near a petrol station... Probably not the safest but what can you do?:eek:

sam34 wrote: »
    turkey.

bring it on!!!!

Ye are all heading off on holidays. :(

I'm a tad bit jealous :mad:

ChewChew wrote: »
    Ye are all heading off on holidays. :(

I'm a tad bit jealous :mad:

Holiday in Cork!

You can see... um... a petrol station.

Ah it's not that bad, really.:)

Chew Chew We are all jealous!!!You're in good company...

A petrol station....Is this dangerous for you....or for Bessie? The closest I get to a cow is
    a) Mcdonalds
    b)Farmville on facebook

There is a C) involving a member ofnursing but i thought it would be bitchy and inappropraite to mention it....:rolleyes:

Holiday in Cork!

You can see... um... a petrol station.

Ah it's not that bad, really.:)

I've been to Cork twice..both times on school Choir trips..I've got to tell you it doesn't fill me with joyful childhood memories...especially as I can't carry a note in a bucket and spent my time miming during the competitions....

• Advertisement

A petrol station....Is this dangerous for you....or for Bessie? The closest I get to a cow is
    a) Mcdonalds
    b)Farmville on facebook

There is a C) involving a member ofnursing but i thought it would be bitchy and inappropraite to mention it....:rolleyes:

I'm sure it's unsafe for all involved... I actually don't own Bessie. She belongs to a friend. I don't live on a farm, but I'd actually quite like to!

I love McDonalds.:D

Why would you want to live on a farm?
    Not to sound like a total city girl here, but you know farms are made up mostly of fields and animals....? Fields and animals for chrissake!!

I too love McDonalds....they may have there cool holidays but at least we have the eurosaver menu...

Also for no reason other than i fully intend to make Michael Buble my love slave some day and mentions of him make me smile...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umZiy9EBzqo

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Just back from Malta/Gozo. Had a great time. Nicely tanned and relaxed for starting college in a few weeks. :D

Got offered a place at Uni of Ulster and it's so tempting to take as it's only 3 years instead of 4 but I've paid for Trinity and it was my first choice anyhow. But still... the nordie accent.. :)

Oh, and I haven't eaten McDonalds in over 2 years. For someone who lived on it a few years ago, it is quite an achievement. No fast food whatsoever. Go me!

Larianne wrote: »
    Oh, and I haven't eaten McDonalds in over 2 years. For someone who lived on it a few years ago, it is quite an achievement. No fast food whatsoever. Go me!

Nice!

To be fair, I'm not so bad anymore - I used to be... ahem... a little bit round in shape... But I still enjoy a nice take-away.

Someone asked me yesterday if working in a hospital was like Grey's Anatomy...I felt bad putting them straight!

Having said that, the person also suggested I look more like an arts student than a nursing student..I tried not to wince:confused:

Someone asked me yesterday if working in a hospital was like Grey's Anatomy...I felt bad putting them straight!
    Ah, so very familiar! I told my aunt that I quite like surgery. She told me I'd be so pretty in a white coat, and I'd be just like the girls in GA. I just smiled, because I didn't want to ruin it for her...

Ha, poor misunderstood fools!
    I still live in hope of being mauled by a mcdreamy in a lift

Ha, poor misunderstood fools!
    I still live in hope of being mauled by a mcdreamy in a lift
    I rather mcsteamy! Oh I am so ashamed of myself for knowing the difference!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

One of our med students once told me she was guaranteed to get mauled if she went anywhere near the security desk, if that helps :P

• Advertisement

I prefer McSteamy too!!!..However the masses tend only to know of Mcdreamy!

It's not shameful..we are watching for the medical content!:rolleyes:

Advertisement