Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mess

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

DrIndy wrote: »
    Class time in Brisbane! Tallaght01 is a great host!

so when am i invited?
    well, tallaght??
    well????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

You're always welcome, sambo.

But it's possibly quicker to wait until I get home. I'm leaving Oz for me holliers in 7 weeks exactly.

We meant to ring you over the weekend, but it's probably for the best that we didn't. Though you ARE quite used to gibbering boggers. Me, I hardly understood a word Indy said all weekend.

We were about to ring you friday night here, til we realised it was abut 1pm in Ireland and you'd probably be in your oulone clinic.

But the xmas beers are only about 8 or 9 weeks away now.Did we decided anywhere yet? I like coppers, but I'm not a garda, nurse or teacher, and I think GAA is bent, so I;m not all that welcome in there :P

I'm also goin on my moderator holidays soon, so the place should run much better int he coming weeks :P

tallaght01 wrote: »
    We were about to ring you friday night here, til we realised it was abut 1pm in Ireland and you'd probably be in your oulone clinic.

oulone clinic - thats what im gonna call it from now on, love the name!
    But the xmas beers are only about 8 or 9 weeks away now.Did we decided anywhere yet? I like coppers, but I'm not a garda, nurse or teacher, and I think GAA is bent, so I;m not all that welcome in there :P

if me and indy walk longside u and u keep your mouth shut you'll fit in no problem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭allsaintssue

Hello,
    Totally unrelated to the current conversation, however i am in theatre on a placement today and I am just having the most amazing time!!I have scrubbed in to two surgeries and I LOVED it, I've never been so happy going to placement!I definitly think surgery is the way for me!Plus this placement i feel like I'm doing stuff that will really help with my career in medicine, which doesnt happen as much as one might think on nursing placement!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

sam34 wrote: »
    if me and indy walk longside u and u keep your mouth shut you'll fit in no problem!

have you met tallaght? :D

karaoke

• Advertisement

Larianne wrote: »
    have you met tallaght? :D

no, should i be scared???

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

sam34 wrote: »
    no, should i be scared???
    Oh yes! :eek:

:P

Karaoke!! :D

The STATE of yiz :P

Actually last year was good banter.Some good times out in town.

Hopefully a bit more of the same this time round.

Indy is even allegedly coming home for a few weeks. Dude, will you be in boggerland? Or in Dublin?

He'll probably be too busy eatin turnips to bother with nights out, but we'll see.

Do they even do karaoke anywhere in Dublin?

Do they even do karaoke anywhere in Dublin?

DO THEY??? Of course!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

anyone still in Dublin fancy a booze up on Thursday night??

• Advertisement

DO THEY??? Of course!! :)
    So Karaoke has won??

Tallaght, dude. . . you have no say! :p
    Thursday night boozin ftw! :p

well i knew I didn't even have to ask you!!

well i knew I didn't even have to ask you!!

I think I'm busy that night. but I'm also drunk right now so don't take heed of a word I say :D

Aw, love to but I have anatomy class Friday mornings so it's a no no. :(
    ChewChew wrote: »
    So Karaoke has won??

In fairness, Karaoke always wins. :) And Tallaght love it anyways. Won't be able to get the mic off him. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Will he bring his pots for accomanying percussion instruments? ;)

In fairness, Karaoke always wins. :) And Tallaght love it anyways. Won't be able to get the mic off him. :)

My sister, in her mourning, sent me this. I actually like it. It's gonna be my karaoke number :P

It's gonna be my karaoke number :P

See now I have to go...:D

My sister, in her mourning, sent me this. I actually like it. It's gonna be my karaoke number :P

Yes, he caved!!

WHooo HIGH FIVE!!!!!!!!!!! :D

why the hell do we even have sinuses :(

why the hell do we even have sinuses :(

oh god are you under the weather?

awful dose.
    get well soon!

• Advertisement

thanks dude
    sudafed is keeping me going, but as it wears off my head just starts to ache. it's just sinuses i know, but people keep giving me dirty looks, i think they think I've a bit of swine about me

i think they think I've a bit of swine about me

weeeeeeeel, i never wanted to say it, but now that you've brought it up........ :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Flying home for xmas!

Will be in ireland from December 21st to January 6th!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

I heard of a guy yesterday who got Gammon Flu.

He had the Swine Flu, but then he got CURED!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Stonypockets

I heard of a guy yesterday who got Gammon Flu.

He had the Swine Flu, but then he got CURED!

dear oh dear... only in the healthcare profession... :D

I need to SLEEP... Come on 7.30! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭allsaintssue

Hello People!!
    Haven't been on in ages, I've been on placement for eleven weeks (I think..ive lost the ability to count in that time), and studying for Gamsat!:rolleyes:

Had a bit of an accident on the ward last week, got my hand stuck between a bed and a glove box holder, spent my evening in A+E and am now a laughing stock amongst student nurses:(:eek:

LOL Sue, thats the first thing that made me smile all day (babysitting teething child leads to a frayed Jessibelles nerves... :( )
    I'm all excira and delira cause I'm getting a tour of the TCD Medical Faculty this week, and RCSI the week after. I wonder would they notice if I didn't leave when the tour was done.... ;)

You doing the shadow day Jessibelle? That sounds great. Is that a new thing, coz never heard of it when I was scoping out the place last year? Should be fun.

I am for TCD, and eh, I believe I pestered/bullied them into it in the RCSI, I'm going to the open day in Jan but was on the phone/email so often the nice school secretary organised a student ambassador for me. I'm not sure if I should be mortified or pleased as punch :D
    I don't know if it's entirely a new thing but it seems to depend on demand, when I was in with the Mature Student Officer in TCD, she said last year there wasn't sufficient demand for the medical school so it never happened. Can't wait!!! It's like waiting for Santa, only 4 more sleeps..... :D

• Advertisement

Jessibelle wrote: »
    I am for TCD, and eh, I believe I pestered/bullied them into it in the RCSI, I'm going to the open day in Jan but was on the phone/email so often the nice school secretary organised a student ambassador for me. I'm not sure if I should be mortified or pleased as punch :D
    I don't know if it's entirely a new thing but it seems to depend on demand, when I was in with the Mature Student Officer in TCD, she said last year there wasn't sufficient demand for the medical school so it never happened. Can't wait!!! It's like waiting for Santa, only 4 more sleeps..... :D

Good going!! :)

Advertisement