Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mess

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I ADORE Wuthering Heights!
    Did you see the adaptation on bbc recently?They had the most awful lumbering fool playing Heathcliff!That is not Heathcliff!!!He looked like he wandered off Emerdale Farm!
    Missed it, but saw him. Not Heathcliff at all! I had a cat called Heathcliff, but as an unneutered tomcat, he wandered off.

I like to believe he's wandering the moors of England now.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭allsaintssue

hahahaha, my cats are/were named after the disney princesses Jasmine and Belle..in my defence we got them when we were like 8...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I think I'll name my next cat Littmann.

It sounds cool, and it reflects my interests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

So, the inaugural Queensland Bio+med beers are happening next week,when indy flies down to visit me.It's basically a warm up for the december ones in Dublin.

Indy, are you goin home for xmas?

I'm out here in about 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

tallaght01 wrote: »
    So, the inaugural Queensland Bio+med beers are happening next week,when indy flies down to visit me.It's basically a warm up for the december ones in Dublin.

Any update on the location ? Karaoke

I met my tutor on Tuesday and he kept going on about Physiology being hard and I've heard it from a number of Physios. Is there any good books to get or ways to learn/study it? I'm thinking I won't be able to join the scuba club now. :(

• Advertisement

I don't think there's any mad hurry on the non-karaoke location just yet :P I mean, we're talking about a december beers.

Guyton+Hall was a physiology book I used a lot in uni. But It's complicated in parts.

I often used Sherwood, to get the basics. Part of my problem was that often the problem was a lak of understanding of the basics, so I couldn't move onto the more complicated stuff. So, having a basic book is good sometimes, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

Larianne wrote: »

I met my tutor on Tuesday and he kept going on about Physiology being hard and I've heard it from a number of Physios. Is there any good books to get or ways to learn/study it? I'm thinking I won't be able to join the scuba club now. :(

Physiology by McGeown was our recommended textbook. very easy to follow.

I've got a 3 hour day in work today. It's a hard life :P

Just looking at me calender. It's only really 10 weeks til the biomed Dublin beers.

I propose a moratorium on copper's this year, though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

after the Indy dancing debacle of 2008 i agree

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

dear jesus never coppers, NEVER

i hope to eventually beer with you folk

• Advertisement

Tree wrote: »

Are you in Dublin?

There should be a few sessions over the christmas. I get back to Ireland on dec 1st, so I'll be available from there on. We had some god banter last year, though it's always going to be a small group, on a forum like this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭allsaintssue

I hate coppers!
    Full of bloody nursing students!

Yes..I'm aware that I'm a nursing student:rolleyes:

Hey, thanks everyone for the advice on Physiology. Met my class today and got the student handbook and I've seen Sherwood being mentioned. But I'll get a look at all of them. So exciting, I've only wanted to study this for the last, eh 8 years! :D

Well Coppers is a step up from Club Nassau (I think). But, yeah, Coppers is shockin!

Yep, come to the beers. I'm the sane one so you'll be okay. Safety in numbers ;)

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

eerr. . karaoke all the way! :p

Hey, thanks everyone for the advice on Physiology. Met my class today and got the student handbook and I've seen Sherwood being mentioned. But I'll get a look at all of them. So exciting, I've only wanted to study this for the last, eh 8 years! :D

Well Coppers is a step up from Club Nassau (I think). But, yeah, Coppers is shockin!

Yep, come to the beers. I'm the sane one so you'll be okay. Safety in numbers ;)

Make sure, as a physio, you're excellent at your respiratory physiology. That will be very important for you when you d ICU stuff.

I was gonna suggest club nassau for the beers. I'm disgusted you think that coppers is a step UP from there :P

Make sure, as a physio, you're excellent at your respiratory physiology. That will be very important for you when you d ICU stuff.

I was gonna suggest club nassau for the beers. I'm disgusted you think that coppers is a step UP from there :P

Yes, I know about the breathing exercises and the phlem sucking out (I'm sure there's a proper term for it!) and tilting tables etc. involved in ICU/HDU. Apparently not the fav rotation among Physios! I can kinda see why. I've a bit of a heads up as I've had to look into the different areas of physio and have done shadowing experience and well basically annoyed a lot of people with questions. That, I'm sure will continue! :D

There's NO WAY I'm going to somewhere that is the HOME of the SLOW SET. Slow set? Yeah, the geriatrics!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Will see you soon old boy fairly soon!

rocking down to brisbane! Will probably have xmas off - just waiting for the final approval to happen then I rock on out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

I propose a moratorium on copper's this year, though. :D
    yeah, Coppers is shockin!

i vote for coppers!!

purely because i've never been there and i'm reliably informed its where all us culchies go when in the big smoke.

as the newest mod, and the only female one on this forum, i think teh final say should be mine!:p

Sam34, if you're that desperate to meet a garda, just hang out in Templemore :P

Or dunkin donuts.

Sam34, if you're that desperate to meet a garda, just hang out in Templemore :P

Or dunkin donuts.

an abundence of men in uniform??? swoooooooooooooon :D

• Advertisement

sam34 wrote: »
    i vote for coppers!!

purely because i've never been there and i'm reliably informed its where all us culchies go when in the big smoke.

as the newest mod, and the only female one on this forum, i think teh final say should be mine!:p

:( Nooooo!!!!

Honestly..... nooooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Kar-e-oke!!! (so long as it's not a requirement that I sing :p )
    Alas the only men in uniform in Coppers these days are the Boy Scouts collecting outside....

i am a muppet. I have a rather loathsome malodorous scent.

I also don't like rude awakenings with a drumstick to a large pot over my head!

i am a muppet. I have a rather loathsome malodorous scent.

I also don't like rude awakenings with a drumstick to a large pot over my head!

anyone else reading that and thinking "wtf??" ?

sam34 wrote: »
    anyone else reading that and thinking "wtf??" ?

Yes, but I was afraid to say anything in case he tracked me down and started playing samba on the cooking pots....:eek:

Indy is staying at my place this weekend, and has been logging in under my name.

But most worrying.....I woke up today and Indy was in my room.

I think we need some time apart :P

classy, very classy :D;)

I think we need some time apart :P

:D Funny

First week finished! Lovin' it. Met loads of nice people. It's just great! The young'uns thought I was 20!! YESSSSSS! :D

:D Funny

First week finished! Lovin' it. Met loads of nice people. It's just great! The young'uns thought I was 20!! YESSSSSS! :D

Fabulous stuff!! Have you ventured to the sales to abuse the student discount yet??? (really the real reason I wanna go back to med school ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

I woke Tallaght01 up with a cooking pot over his head which I ferociously beat with a drumstick. The roar that came out of him was simply primeval!

I just wish I had a video recording of it!

Class time in Brisbane! Tallaght01 is a great host!

Advertisement