Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan Megathread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

Nothing.
    Definitely wouldn't throw her out of bed for eatin' biscuits
    <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Rookster banned for a week. See my warning several posts back - anyone who slags off his children over their looks will be banned from the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 mike rolite

RTE is so rotten with nepotism! <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

<snip>
    Sure Ryan's (Tubridy) ex-wife worked in RTE before he joined there. They met in RTE and then married

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

robo wrote: »
    Sure Ryan's ex-wife worked in RTE before he joined there. They met in RTE and then married

:eek: So it's all her fault then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Tail Wagger

That's ingenius.
    More reality TV, just what we need.

First off Matlock it's not slander, slander is oral.
    Anyways, slander implies a malicious lie has been spread, I see only the truth being posted here.

<snip>

2nd off Calumbo, name's not Matlock?... It's still not nice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

If he gets the Saturday night show, we should organise a game of guest bingo. Each of us picks twelve potential guests, and the first one to hit six wins a prize.

I'll happily collate all the entries by PM (so as not to influence the show) and give a progress report every week.

It would be like a dead pool, but for the death of entertainment.

Great line!
    I don't think Gordon Ramsey will be on anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Great line!
    I don't think Gordon Ramsey will be on anyway.

Do you know what?In his unspeakable arrogance i bet Gerry has already asked him or got in touch with his people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

2nd off Calumbo, name's not Matlock?... It's still not nice?

It's Columbo, Einstein...

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Tail Wagger

It's Columbo, Einstein...

no I was right first time, Columbo is clever!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭bilko1234

Gerry_Ryan.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭airhorn

''I like to look my best & make great effort in doing so when im going out for a night'' he said the other morning when he had that crowd of Off the rails, looking at that photo there above ................:D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

airhorn wrote: »
    ''I like to look my best & make great effort in doing so when im going out for a night'' he said the other morning when he had that crowd of Off the rails, looking at that photo there above ................:D

I'm not the mans biggest fan but eh, he appears to be dressed in a crisp white shirt and quite a smart suit, clean shaven etc, so I don't really get your point there tbh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

bilko1234 wrote: »
    Gerry_Ryan.jpg

the sign behind him says it all. c. world eater. ish

xzanti wrote: »
    I'm not the mans biggest fan but eh, he appears to be dressed in a crisp white shirt and quite a smart suit, clean shaven etc, so I don't really get your point there tbh..

Yes but look at his face.
    He's grossly overweight ergo he eats too much..hardly makes much of an effort in that department does he?

Degsy wrote: »
    Yes but look at his face.
    He's grossly overweight ergo he eats too much..hardly makes much of an effort in that department does he?
    ''I like to look my best & make great effort in doing so when im going out for a night''

This to me indicates that he is refering to his grooming habits, as opposed to his lifestyle..

Anyway I'm not getting into this, lets not derail the thread again..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

Did anyone hear him talking yesterday where he said that he was good friends with Richie Boucher. His kids were friends with Boucher's.He said that he was an honest & decent guy. A great guy to go for a pint with. I find it amazing that all these gob****es stick together. How can Ryan really understand the problems and concerns of "Joe Public" when his friends consist of the U2, Bank bosses, property developers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Politicians once called for a register of interests for RTE stars, similar to those for politicians:

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/why-go-now-211703.html

There appears to be a register of interests for RTE authority members:

http://www.rte.ie/about/code_authoritymembers.pdf

Surely since the stars have far more influence than RTE Authority members, a register/declaration of interest should be brought in for them too?

P.

oceanclub wrote: »
    Politicians once called for a register of interests for RTE stars, similar to those for politicians:

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/why-go-now-211703.html

There appears to be a register of interests for RTE authority members:

http://www.rte.ie/about/code_authoritymembers.pdf

Surely since the stars have far more influence than RTE Authority members, a register/declaration of interest should be brought in for them too?

P.

Looks like he has more than a passing interest in the Point Village..owned as most of it is by Harry Crosbie.

http://www.pointvillage.ie/images/GERRYRYAN2007.jpg

Anybody see his "interview" with Heather Mills tonite?
    A string of asinine questions held together with stock footage and newspaper headlines.
    Interesting prnicipally because Gerry decided not to wear a tie with the result he resembled a frog contemplating a grasshopper for the entire programme.
    How this guff gets made is beyond me much less why they insist on shoving HIS bloated carcass onto the television when almost anybody would do it better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭bilko1234

Degsy wrote: »
    Anybody see his "interview" with Heather Mills tonite?
    A string of asinine questions held together with stock footage and newspaper headlines.
    Interesting prnicipally because Gerry decided not to wear a tie with the result he resembled a frog contemplating a grasshopper for the entire programme.
    How this guff gets made is beyond me much less why they insist on shoving HIS bloated carcass onto the television when almost anybody would do it better.
    Have to agree Degsy, (There's a surprise!)
    There was nothing "Confidential" in this interview, in that everything that she said has been said before on various platforms.
    Why they thought that sending Ryaner "On a difficult journey to a remote part of Austria" to bag this interview with Mills was a good idea, is beyond me.
    What most bothers me though, is the impression I get that the interview is edited to death, gone over a million times with a fine tooth comb, to portray the interviewer in the most positive light.
    I did, however, get the impression that he was trying on the oul sleazy innuendo with Mills at some stage of the interview, as at one point she said that she "Would try anything once" and immediately followed on with "in the sports dept, before you say anything".
    Methinks he was sleazing before that, which wasn't broadcast, to warrant that rebuff.
    So this interview was as airbrushed as his super black hair!

bilko1234 wrote: »
    Have to agree Degsy, (There's a surprise!)
    There was nothing "Confidential" in this interview, in that everything that she said has been said before on various platforms.
    Why they thought that sending Ryaner "On a difficult journey to a remote part of Austria" to bag this interview with Mills was a good idea, is beyond me.
    What most bothers me though, is the impression I get that the interview is edited to death, gone over a million times with a fine tooth comb, to portray the interviewer in the most positive light.
    I did, however, get the impression that he was trying on the oul sleazy innuendo with Mills at some stage of the interview, as at one point she said that she "Would try anything once" and immediately followed on with "in the sports dept, before you say anything".
    Methinks he was sleazing before that, which wasn't broadcast, to warrant that rebuff.
    So this interview was as airbrushed as his super black hair!

Its true..it was chopped to buggery but his awsome sleazyness still came oozing through..especially when at the end he purred "Is there anything you wunt to do tha you havnt done hur hurr "..the editing of her answer was apparant and he seemed to be sitting in a different postion..ie slumped forward wheezing like a bag of mucous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

I'm disappointed - did he not make any sleazy remarks about sexual positions for monopods? His form is slipping.

P.

I saw some of it, have to agree it was a little uncomfortable to watch.. What was with the death stare he was giving her, I couldn't make out if it was one of extreme empathy or contempt :confused:

xzanti wrote: »
    I saw some of it, have to agree it was a little uncomfortable to watch.. What was with the death stare he was giving her, I couldn't make out if it was one of extreme empathy or contempt :confused:

It was neither..in spite of her being a gold-digging harridan,she's actually quite attractive,thats why olf blubber-chops was staring at her like that.
    He thought his flyblown,overweight "charms" would work on her somehow.

If he wanted to treat her with any kind of contempthe shouldve brought up her reputation for jockying rich men in return for money..he said nothing controversial or interesting,he's an overpaid bag of wind and should not be on the telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

<Snip>

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

sink wrote: »
    No talk of him being "dead" on this forum until confirmation please!!!

Bannings imminent!!!

Xzanti

feck

No talk of him being "dead" on this forum until confirmation please!!!

Bannings imminent!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It has been confirmed on Newstalk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It's been confirmed, he's dead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement