Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan Megathread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

:eek::eek:

Just when ya think Gerry can't sink any lower, Gerry goes and dives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Cunsiderthis

Maserati23 wrote: »
    ... he has no quims whatsoever ...

This typo made me laugh as its years since I heard the word "quim", and I think it safe to assume he doesn't have a quim alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Stirring stuff there Maserati. It paints an accurate picture of the back slapping Irish media.

Aidric wrote: »
    Stirring stuff there Maserati. It paints an accurate picture of the back slapping Irish media.

Indeed.
    I though it was quite brave of him to post that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Well said there Maserati, very brave.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Tail Wagger

Masarati Man ... That's some chip your carrying around, if your a happy man with your beautiful wife, good luck to you.... no one knows where their relationship will be in ten years.

I'm not a great lover of Gerry Ryan myself, but I wouldn't kick a man when he's down. I agree with a lot of the posters with their likes and dislikes about the man, But......
    If you'v a personal gripe with the man,this is not the place for it.

Masarati Man ... That's some chip your carrying around, if your a happy man with your beautiful wife, good luck to you.... no one knows where their relationship will be in ten years.

I'm not a great lover of Gerry Ryan myself, but I wouldn't kick a man when he's down. I agree with a lot of the posters with their likes and dislikes about the man, But......
    If you'v a personal gripe with the man,this is not the place for it.[/QUOTE]

Oh but it is...

If you'v a personal gripe with the man,this is not the place for it.[/QUOTE]

Oh but it is...

I agree, and this place is the perfect place to air ones gripes and chips on ones shoulder, free to do it anonymously and on a forum where the person who you are venting about is not free to respond.

I agree, and this place is the perfect place to air ones gripes and chips on ones shoulder, free to do it anonymously and on a forum where the person who you are venting about is not free to respond.

The guy's hardly anonymous, he was on the front page of the Sunday World.

How is Gerry not free to respond.
    AFAIK he's not been site banned from boards.ie yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Tail Wagger

He has more sense, and he couldn't be bothered.
    Thats what I'd say........ Ger--y! Ger--y! Ger--y

The guy's hardly anonymous, he was on the front page of the Sunday World.

How is Gerry not free to respond.
    AFAIK he's not been site banned from boards.ie yet.

I have no idea who "tail wagger" is, and don't buy the sunday world.

I have no idea who "tail wagger" is, and don't buy the sunday world.

I have no idea what you're going on about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

From the Intro to his book:

"Harry Crosbie is an extremely close friend of mine,and Harry can second-guess me very quickly.David Blake-Knox,who directs ryan Confidential,is very close to me and he can,without a word from me understand what i'm feeling or thinking.
    I see Bono sometimes and when i say something he gets this kind of smirk on his face,like he knows i'm not being entirely real...So its a very small number of people".

There you have it folks,the only three people in the world who know the "real" Gerry Ryan...a business partner of his,his boss on a tv show he stars in and his ticket to freebies from U2.
    Keep on brownnosing Gerard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭airhorn

Degsy wrote: »

"Harry Crosbie is an extremely close friend of mine,and Harry can second-guess me very quickly.

To be fair Gerry i think nearly everyone can 2nd guess you now at this stage.....

taken from this mornings show

Mr Tubridy: Did you see Crystal Swing were'nt the brilliant

Ryan: Tell me this are they really brother sister & mother

Mr Tubridy: They are yeah, they are the real deal

Ryan: Oh so they wont be getting up to .......you know what.....

Mr Tubridy: Gerry why do you allways have to spit in the face of people

Ryan: Ok ok ok .....tell me this are you going to be doing the Sat show

Mr Tubridy: What sort of a question is that, am'nt i doing the Late late on a friday night

Ryan: Oh nothing nothing just thought you'd give up the Late late & do the Saturday show instead...........forget i said anything.

airhorn wrote: »
    To be fair Gerry i think nearly everyone can 2nd guess you now at this stage.....

taken from this mornings show

Mr Tubridy: Did you see Crystal Swing were'nt the brilliant

Ryan: Tell me this are they really brother sister & mother

Mr Tubridy: They are yeah, they are the real deal

Ryan: Oh so they wont be getting up to .......you know what.....

Mr Tubridy: Gerry why do you allways have to spit in the face of people

Ryan: Ok ok ok .....tell me this are you going to be doing the Sat show

Mr Tubridy: What sort of a question is that, am'nt i doing the Late late on a friday night

Ryan: Oh nothing nothing just thought you'd give up the Late late & do the Saturday show instead...........forget i said anything.

Is he asking Tubridy to swap him a show or something? And whats with the desire to know if family members will be doing "you know what"?
    This guy's a tool.

"Harry Crosbie is an extremely close friend of mine,and Harry can second-guess me very quickly.David Blake-Knox,who directs ryan Confidential,is very close to me and he can,without a word from me understand what i'm feeling or thinking.
    I see Bono sometimes and when i say something he gets this kind of smirk on his face,like he knows i'm not being entirely real...So its a very small number of people".

There you have it folks,the only three people in the world who know the "real" Gerry Ryan...a business partner of his,his boss on a tv show he stars in and his ticket to freebies from U2.
    Keep on brownnosing Gerard.

Welcome to celebrity & showbiz degsy - I'm sure we are all holding our breath to listen to your balanced and fair assessment of Gerry Ryan, unfettered by the moderation of TBH.

For someone who says he dislikes gerry Ryan so much, you sure do spend a lot of time listening to his show, reading his books, analysing what he says and talking about him. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭airhorn

For someone who says he dislikes gerry Ryan so much, you sure do spend a lot of time listening to his show, reading his books and talking about him. :D

same old sh!t out of you all the time i see......

Welcome to celebrity & showbiz degsy - I'm sure we are all holding our breath to listen to your balanced and fair assessment of Gerry Ryan, unfettered by the moderation of TBH. :D

For someone who says he dislikes gerry Ryan so much, you sure do spend a lot of time posting in this thread defending him.:D

Hmmmmm...

• Advertisement

Welcome to celebrity & showbiz degsy - I'm sure we are all holding our breath to listen to your balanced and fair assessment of Gerry Ryan, unfettered by the moderation of TBH. :D

I think if you glance backwards throuugh this thread you'll find a considerable body of work on the subject.
    I'm happy to see this thread being reopened.

For someone who says he dislikes gerry Ryan so much, you sure do spend a lot of time posting in this thread defending him.:D

Hmmmmm...

I've never defended anyone in my life! I dislike the intolerant tone here of some who attack gerry ryan who they claim to dislike, yet they listen to his shows, discuss what he says ad nauseum, and even buy his books and read them, and seem to spend considerable time thinking about him.

It all comes over as a little obsessive.
    airhorn wrote: »
    same old sh!t out of you all the time i see......

The irony of your comment made everyone in my office laugh out loud when I told them about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I I dislike the intolerant tone here of some who attack gerry ryan who they claim to dislike, yet they listen to his shows, discuss what he says ad nauseum, and even buy his books and read them, and seem to spend considerable time thinking about him.

It all comes over as a little obsessive.

I'm not having a go - honestly - but I would say at least 75% of your posts in radio are along the lines of that post. From my perspective, there's no difference between degsy relentlessly slagging and you relentlessly questioning motives. I don't really mind as long as you're not abusive -and you're not - but maybe you're not aware of that.

I think if you glance backwards throuugh this thread you'll find a considerable body of work on the subject.
    I'm happy to see this thread being reopened.

I know you'll welcome TBH being appointed moderator of "Celebrity & Showbiz" and have proposed him here http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64982328&postcount=277

I knew you'd want to second the nomination and look forward to him starting here soon.

and even buy his books and read them

Now hang on one darned,cotton-picking minute.
    You can say what you like about me and i'll care not but accuse me of buying his book is a bridge too far.
    I expect you to read out an apology as soon as possible.

tbh wrote: »
    I'm not having a go - honestly - but I would say at least 75% of your posts in radio are along the lines of that post. From my perspective, there's no difference between degsy relentlessly slagging and you relentlessly questioning motives. I don't really mind as long as you're not abusive -and you're not - but maybe you're not aware of that.

I never said you were! I'm curious as to why you appear to think I indicated that youi were "having a go" whatever that means?

In fact, I've proposed that you might consider becoming a moderator here in "Celebrity & Showbiz" and have asked Desgy to second your nomination, which I hope you accept and means we see you here soon to moderate us all.

Now hang on one darned,cotton-picking minute.
    You can say what you like about me and i'll care not but accuse me of buying his book is a bridge too far.
    I expect you to read out an apology as soon as possible.

Sorry, I forgot you sold your soul to beelzeebub to get a copy, so desperate were you. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

leave me out of it man.

tbh wrote: »
    leave me out of it man.

hehe

• Advertisement

hehe

Poor degsy - TBH misses you so much he comes here where he can't even threaten you with a ban! :D:D

I can just hear the tumbleweed a blowing through the gerry ryan thread in the radio forum now you have left!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement