Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan Megathread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭DanGlee

OMG is he still on the wireless...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

I saw him at the airport yesterday morning with the new missus looking refreshed and full of life and very smug! Victoria secrets isn't all playboy stuff but i agree a bit weird saying he went there for his daughters presents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭landmonster

He is a scumbag. If I took over 2FM tomorrow I'd fire him in an instant.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pauro 76

Smug overpaid git. I'd honestly fire him as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Can he go 2 minutes without mentioning either a trip to New York, Fitzpatricks Hotel, Harry Crosby and the O2 or Disneyworld?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

Ha ha you listen to Gerry Ryan....

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Remo

its always the same names

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

LOL, i was thinking the exact same thing to myself this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I despise the man...

I find him utterly repugnant....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Lads get in touch with your feminine side will you :p

Victoria Secrets sell track suits that Irish women rave on about.. not just lingerie!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

"I bought Tracksuits for my Daughters for Christmas" has less chance of making it into the weekend broadsheet gossip pages than "I bought unspecified 'presents' for my daughters in a store famous the world over for erotica & lingerie"

Perhaps he was hoping that a holy Mary or an Angry from Athlone would call up the show to 'shame' him, whereupon he could perform the "big reveal" on air and announce that his gifts were actually perfectly innocent (Tights, Gloves, Tracksuits et al) and that it's not he , but rather his listeners that have depraved filthy minds, and it is they , and not he, who no doubt consider these subjects with all the decorum of a **** tramp outside a Longford off-licence at 11pm on a Friday night, despite years of evidence to the contrary.

The subsequent "G Ryan makes storm in a D-cup" media barrage should ensure that his "book" would be temporarily removed from the nation's bargain bins, and see another spike in sales as the gullible out there willingly haemorrhage their money for gossip.

Job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

I hear he's Ireland's answer to Jonathan Ross. I can't wait when he and dickhead eile, Des Bishop, contact Niall Tobin to say that they had relations with his grand daughter in the emersion cupboard.

Gerry Ryan has too much free reign on radio. I haven't listened to his show in years because of the fact that there's nothing interesting on the show. Though when the odd interesting bit did turn up he was actually a good interviewer but when you got a clout like pat Kenny hosting prime time Friday night tv it shows that we won't have a decent host for another 20 years the way things go. It's like a conveyer belt:

RTE: "Well you've working in the canteen for 20 years! You've been here longer than anyone else, here's a chat show as you're next in line!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Jesus!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Thats why i never listen to the git

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

Jesus!!

Correct, Gerry Ryan does have a Jesus Complex :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭mcscrub

tomred1 wrote: »
    Ha ha you listen to Gerry Ryan....

I agree....hahahaha

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

If he had a lot of listeners which he does = advertising revenue i think you would reconsider and prob offer him some more to extent his contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭landmonster

Damo9090 wrote: »
    If he had a lot of listeners which he does = advertising revenue i think you would reconsider and prob offer him some more to extent his contract.

I'd slap his face and tell him to get out the door.

I'd slap his face and tell him to get out the door.

You would then be instantly fecked out on your arse, while "G" got a large whiskey from the DG to help him get over the shock of getting slapped by the lad who just got fired for trying to lose the station valuable advertising revenue.

I'd still buy you a pint on the way to the dole office, mind you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Damo9090 wrote: »

The 9-12 am timeslot on one of the national broadcastors main stations would be a high revenue earner anyway. Yes, Gerry Ryan has somehow maintain a large listernship over 20 years but whose to say someone else couldn't match or increase the figures and the revenue.

Sometime in the '90s there was a strike in RTE, 2fm played wall to wall music - the listening figures stayed the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

You would then be instantly fecked out on your arse, while "G" got a large whiskey from the DG to help him get over the shock of getting slapped by the lad who just got fired for trying to lose the station valuable advertising revenue.

I'd still buy you a pint on the way to the dole office, mind you.

Another one who believes that Ryan attracts advertising over and above what they normally would get.

It's called shooting fish in a barrel honey.

If Josef Fritzl had a show on RTE between 0900 and 1200 the would make money on ads.

Wise up sweetcheeks and don't be taken in by the popular cant put out by Montrose.

Some of us can see through the rubbish they put out .

Another one who believes that Ryan attracts advertising over and above what they normally would get.

It's called shooting fish in a barrel honey.

If Josef Fritzl had a show on RTE between 0900 and 1200 the would make money on ads.

Wise up sweetcheeks and don't be taken in by the popular cant put out by Montrose.

Some of us can see through the rubbish they put out .

Well, firstly, and most importantly, please don't refer to me as either sweetcheeks or Honey . It's not that I'm offended, it's just that you arent quite cool enough to pull off the whole gritty Raymond Chandler man-in-the-know thing in print, and my laughing at you being silly distracts me from the point in hand.

Secondly, Nothing in my original post that you quoted said anything about the amount of ad money The Ryan Show generated, or whether it was 'over and above' anyone else's. I simply said that advertising revenue was valuable. People see what they want to see, I guess.

Note : There is no deliberate irony in this post, & once again, I do not work for Rté.

Surely the advertism revenue is directly linked to the size and demographic of the audience. RTE Radio 1 have chopped and changed their schedule alot over the last couple of years - there has been no dramatic collaspe of listenership for any of the programmes. People just don't change the dial .

I'm not disputing the amount of revenue that the "Gerry Ryan Show" makes for RTE. Inertia alone would mean most people would keep listening if they changed presenter, which would maintain the revenue earned. The right presenter would even increase it.

Its a solid case of the emporers new clothes - and Gerry Ryan is bollox naked.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Fecking right he would. Him and his Von Trapped crew could buck things up in there. They like basements too.

Ryan's got a very big listenership. I find him funny sometimes especially when he's ranting on about skangers. Laughing's like that...you can't help what makes you laugh and it feels good and that ain't a bad thing.

Flutt you can call me sweetcheeks whenever you want dahling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

I'd say rotating David Irving, Ian Paisley and Nick Griffin on 2FM wouldn't change listenership on that timeslot.

Ryan is a sanctimonious waste. Lord, Lord, Lord.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Do the figures go down when he takes his 8 month summer holidays?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

pauro_76 wrote:
    Smug overpaid git. I'd honestly fire him as well.

Yeah, and you'd potentially lose over half a million listeners in that time slot in one fell swoop.

Bet RTÉ are kicking themselves that it's not one of you guys at the 2fm helm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If Josef Fritzl had a show on RTE

Now that, I'd listen to. Up until he started talking about the presents he bought in Victoria's Secret, for his daughters.

Bard wrote: »
    Yeah, and you'd potentially lose over half a million listeners in that time slot in one fell swoop.

Just wouldn't happen. When has a change of presenter ever been a disaster in the ratings. The station and the timeslot is more important than the presenter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

deadhead13 wrote: »
    Just wouldn't happen. When has a change of presenter ever been a disaster in the ratings. The station and the timeslot is more important than the presenter.

Marty in the morning. Rick and Ruth. Tim Kelly on the Blast. Alan Short. And many many more.

Also, the short term holiday replacement of "g" ryan with presenters such as Jenny Huston & Dave Fanning has proved unpopular with the public, leading them to voice their displeasure on the interweb and elsewhere, but no official poll figures are available to prove a drop in listenership.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement