Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan Megathread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

ok, just to lighten it a bit, post a pic of what you think the great one will look like/ be doing when hes 80 ................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

ok, just to lighten it a bit, post a pic of what you think the great one will be doing when hes 80 ................

Twink.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Cunsiderthis

deadhead13 wrote: »
    Gerry Ryan singled out in a "Gerry Ryan Megathread" shocker.

Ryan's stance against the pay cut makes him the exception. The rest of the "grossly overpaid" presenters had the sense to keep their mouths shut. Which I think was tbh's original point. And Ryan was rightly, imo, criticized for taking that stance.

As for RTE's budget shortfall not being his concern, I would have to disagreed. And I'm sure he will find out the extent it concerns him when his contract is up for renewal.

It may well become a concern at the time his contract is up for renewal, but currently it is unlikely to be his concern. There are peoploe employed at ORETV to worry about it and to resolve it, and it's unlikely that any of the on air talent will be concerned about it any more than the financial guys will be concerned about the worries of the on air talent about their shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭bilko1234

Hear him perving about young teenage girls and their knickers this morning...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Rookster wrote: »
    an off-shoot from his spunk

PUKE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

ok, just to lighten it a bit, post a pic of what you think the great one will look like/ be doing when hes 80 ................

Sitting in the 02 with Harry Crosbie.

200805_Statler_Waldorf.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

LOVIN' THIS THREAD!

gerry_ryan_5432833.jpg

Our "Artist" hero on Friday night......

bilko1234 wrote: »
    Our "Artist" hero on Friday night......

My God, the man just oozes sleaze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

My god, the guy is ugly. He looks a complete perv. I think the badge hanging from his neck is funny. It says "Artist". He is not an artist. He is an overpaid public servant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I know the one on the left is Lottie, but is the one on the right his daughter too? She's beautiful, definitely takes after Mrs Ryan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Rookster wrote: »
    My god, the guy is ugly. He looks a complete perv. I think the badge hanging from his neck is funny. It says "Artist". He is not an artist. He is an overpaid public servant.

those girls are his daughters. It says "artist" because he was presenting an award.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

tbh wrote: »
    those girls are his daughters. It says "artist" because he was presenting an award.

This morning he repeatedly thanked the public for the reception he'd received at the awards...he seemed genuinely grateful that he hadn't been booed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Keep it civil, folks. Robust discussion about the man is fine but slagging off his kids and making idiotic allegations like that is a no-no. Take this as a warning: Be sensible when you're talking about him. Most of the posts here are fine but stick to the charter and don't say anything legally dodgy or unnecessarily insulting. This isn't The Thunderdome. Infractions and bans will be handed out if this isn't followed.

Cutting from the Evening Herald in September 2009

Wednesday September 23 2009
    GERRY RYAN has revealed his heartache as his eldest daughter and her boyfriend left to live in America.
    The father of five bid a public farewell to his little girl as she left for New York. He said he was filled with conflicting emotions at the prospect of of her leaving home for a year to live with her boyfriend Fabio.
    Ryan added: “It’s one of those bittersweet moments. I’m excited for them both and almost in tears at the thought of my baby leaving.
    “It’s a unique day in a family and a father’s life and a mother’s life. I was trying to explain to her that she isn’t gone. She is embarking on a different part of her life.”

Jesus, how long did she "Leave home" for?? He was on the radio this morning saying "Oh look, there's a photo of my daughter Lottie on page 12 of the Star" or something.
    He mentions her nearly every day trying to give her as much media exposure as he possibly can.
    She was back in Dublin well before Christmas having left for NY at the end of September!!!!
    Obviously life is a whole lot more comfortable back in Dublin getting looked after by Daddy than finding your own feet!

bilko1234 wrote: »
    He said he was filled with conflicting emotions at the prospect of of her leaving home for a year to live with her boyfriend Fabio.[/QUOTE]

Well feck that Fabio anyway.
    Coming over here stealing our women.:mad:

fabio

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Maserati23

I DESPISE Gerry Ryan and everthing the untalented Asshole represents.

U2, RTE. Harry Crosbie, the Shelbourne, and all the the other people he licks up to.

Born with a Golden spoon allright, but not in his mouth.

Have another Slurp of coffee, lovely manners.

Rant over.......

Now the 5 people that research the show and TELL him what to say, they deserve some credit.

Ban me if you want, just telling the truth.

Maserati23 wrote: »
    I DESPISE Gerry Ryan and everthing the untalented Asshole represents.

U2, RTE. Harry Crosbie, the Shelbourne, and all the the other people he licks up to.

Born with a Golden spoon allright, but not in his mouth.

Have another Slurp of coffee, lovely manners.

Rant over.......

Now the 5 people that research the show and TELL him what to say, they deserve some credit.

Ban me if you want, just telling the truth.

We are all entitled to our opinions, ans you appear to confuse opinion for truth.

There are over 300 000 regular listeners to his show, for example, who do not share your opinion and their truth is different to yours.

There are many people also who don't like his show, but have no desire to call him names, as you seem to have. Any idea why you appear to feel so strongly about him? There are hundreds of radio presenters around, some of whom I like and some of whom I don't, yet I feel no compulsion to call those I don't care for "asshole", for example. Any idea why you think he stirs such strong emotions for you that other presenters seem not to stir?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

We are all entitled to our opinions, ans you appear to confuse opinion for truth.

There are over 300 000 regular listeners to his show, for example, who do not share your opinion and their truth is different to yours.

There are many people also who don't like his show, but have no desire to call him names, as you seem to have. Any idea why you appear to feel so strongly about him? There are hundreds of radio presenters around, some of whom I like and some of whom I don't, yet I feel no compulsion to call those I don't care for "asshole", for example. Any idea why you think he stirs such strong emotions for you that other presenters seem not to stir?

Hi Gerry.

(Noone tell me that joke ever gets old. No it doesn't. And if you tell me, you know what I'll say?

Hi Gerry.)

P.

• Advertisement

* identify or speculate as to the identity of any anonymous or pseudonymous user

Erm, do you honestly think I thought the previous poster was Gerry Ryan?

:rolleyes:

P.

oceanclub wrote: »
    Erm, do you honestly think I thought the previous poster was Gerry Ryan?

:rolleyes:

P.

sorry, thought this was still the radio forum. No, I didn't think you really thought it was G Ryan, it's just that it's really tedious when people make those kind of posts. like, if that's the funniest you can come up with, I'd just leave it tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

sorry, thought this was still the radio forum. No, I didn't think you really thought it was G Ryan, it's just that it's really tedious when people make those kind of posts. like, if that's the funniest you can come up with, I'd just leave it tbh.

ouch !

aye, sorry if it sounds harsh - just my 2c. We get a lot of it in the radio forum, I'm a bit sensitive to it now I guess.

ouch !

Area man does not find me funny. I will have to learn to live with it.

P.

I'm just saying your standards should be higher - especially as you're a fan of the Onion :)

sorry for the OT, no offense meant.

Well I was of personal interest to his goodself a few years back, put me on as a human interest slot.

Got on well an explained my experiences of what I had been through.

That same afternoon I got a call from some media company! Saying they were very interested in doing a slot on my life in some form of medium, they did not explain who they represented.

I said I am finished doing my "bit" on the subject and asked them where they got my PERSONAL mobile number from? (not my company one) They replied the gerry ryan show.

I had not given permission for anybody to use that number, anyhow the few minutes I gave them with off the cuffe remarks from me were "RECORDED" .

First I know of it I am on the front page and centre spread of the Sunday world.

BTW I done nothing wrong and it was not any criminal item or anything.

I sued but could not match their backup legal team wise , was advised by my side to drop it so I did.

Met Mr. Ryan since and he scurried away like a little lost boy. He is a spineless nobody. His MD isalso mine so I am sure we will meet again.

I still have the SW if you want meto post it. His show is all inflated EGO, his that is, he thinks there isno one like him. He believes his way way talented beyound most people, on the planet.

I.E. he believes his own dribble, if it was not for his research team (all 5 of them) he would be laughable. Do you not remember his show had no phones for a day! He had not got a clue how to deviate from the callers input, and returned to reading the papers a second time, what a......

Sorry have to go .

Sorry mods question asked question answered.

I don't think anyone of any intelligence reads the gutter press, and I've heard so many stories like yours. Of course Gerry Ryan likes to keep on good terms with them so that, in return, they will give him good press. (Thats the way his sort of world works, and it sure paid him back in spades when he and his wife separated and the press gave him a very easy time compared to some others).

Of course its despicable for his show to give your private number to anyone, assuming it was them.

I suppse to moral of the story is not to agree to go on the radio or tv shows if one does not want publicity.

My point was not that his show is pretty dreadful, or that he is an oik. There are lots of shows which lots of people don't like, but most people who don;t like a show don't make a pointof listening it only to then tell everyone time and time again how dreadful they think it is. that seems a little obsessive and unusual, for those that do that.

I don't think anyone of any intelligence reads the gutter press, and I've heard so many stories like yours.

You've heard plenty of stories about Ryan show guests ending up on the front page of The Sunday World as a result of the Ryan show unscrupulously passing on recordings of private conversations?

Please do share.

• Advertisement

Thought the mods would ban me for that. Its just I met the guy a few times afterwards, and I mentioned who I was , he just said thats show biz:confused:. Truth is the man has no morals. The more of a highlight he can put on his show's antics the better, he has no quims whatsoever how his spotlight on individuals affect their lives.

Anyway his doctor is my Doc. On the Howth Rd. met him their recently by chance, I said sorry to hear about Maura there Gerry!!!! Funny how I am still happilly maried after 8 years now when you condemned mine to the rocks on your show. That really pissed him off.

I am the wealthy business man that flew to Thailand all those years ago to purchase a Thai bride, I was only asked to supply photos of the wedding with all its finery for their eyes only, The gerry Ryan Show.

BTW none of those fotos were published on the Sunday World. Just me the cool car etc, and the young Bride.

I did not buy her as the headline stated, and as above yes the Sunday world is gutter press. I did not proceed with the case for false entrapment as the SW had everything on tape, without telling me I was being recorded at the time.

The main argument was my wife did not speak english well at the time so could not be a reliable witness in court as to what was said.

Anyway I digress, I still have records of everything.

Maybe I will post a photo of my Beatiful wife somewhere here to really p*ss him off. His EX WIFE MIGHT BE GOOD LOOKING.

Mine is 9 out of ten. Ten out of ten for me, and a heart of gold to go with it. I am a lucky chap in that respect.

Sorry Gerry to hear of your marital demise ...Tut Tut. (tut is [EMAIL="a@se"]a@se[/EMAIL] in Thai:D)

Again sorry mods for shifting away from the the main subject. Hope to hear from you soon Gerard.......thats if your resarch team archived that weeks programming.

Something tells me he will be contacting me soon because of this thread.

Should liven things up a bit. Say hello to ms. nolan who is looking after Lottie for ye in the herald and jimmy warpole in the Star, whom is a good mate of mine also.

I know its a somewhat cryptic post, but lets get him (Ger) in here and respond to his crtics and fans, man to man.

P.S. I speak Thai and no, I did not Buy nobody, you cannot put a price on a persons life.

What goes around comes around.... I live by that saying many years now, its so true. Sometimes you just have to wait longer than expected. Most of this post would only be of any sense to me and The Great GR, but it will bring him out of the wild grass guaranteed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement