Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan Megathread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

And his first guest will be his daughter <snip> Then we will have Harry Crosbie. Who else?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Rookster wrote: »
    And his first guest will be his daughter.(the ugly one) Then we will have Harry Crosbie. Who else?

The receptionist from Fitzpatricks in new york,the sommelier from Dromoland,his son Rex,somebody who went to school with Bono,Bertie Aherne if he can get him and probably the head waiter from Bombay Pantry.

Degsy wrote: »
    The receptionist from Fitzpatricks in new york,the sommelier from Dromoland,his son Rex,somebody who went to school with Bono,
    Bertie Aherne if he can get him
    and probably the head waiter from Bombay Pantry.

Bertie is a prostitute when it comes to the limelight. He won't be a problem. Some of the Haughey family, some bankers and property developers maybe. Harry Crosbie again, because he is great crack, as Father Ted would say. Ahmm, Ryan Turdidy, some people from his radio show.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Tail Wagger

Desperate thread, I've seen the same photos over and over and the same things said over and over, now it's going onto one of his kid's . It's not even a discussion it's a slander thread?

Give it up lads.. Let it rest......

Desperate thread, I've seen the same photos over and over and the same things said over and over, now it's going onto one of his kid's . It's not even a discussion it's a slander thread?

Hit the road then jack..dont let your arse hit the door on the way out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Gerry Ryan does enough of a good job at bringing his kids into the limelight himself.

And his first guest will be his daughter.(the ugly one) Then we will have Harry Crosbie. Who else?
    Yea but thats what I'm objecting about?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Well she wouldn't be getting stick if she wasn't trying to follow in Daddy's rather chunky footsteps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Do you reckon, if he gets the Saturday night gig, he'll spend the first 30 mins of the show reading us the newspapers?

Guys I'm not trying to spoil you little bit of fun, I'm the first to say I don't have an time for G.Ryan, It's probably 10 + years since I tuned into his radio program. but unfortunately his kids are not him. As I said earlier it's the same old tripe being repeated page after page....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭bilko1234

Guys I'm not trying to spoil you little bit of fun, I'm the first to say I don't have an time for G.Ryan, It's probably 10 + years since I tuned into his radio program. but unfortunately his kids are not him. As I said earlier it's the same old tripe being repeated page after page....
    As long as GRyan keeps on repeating "the same old tripe" with no avenue of reply on the airwaves or among his friends in the media, it behoves us to keep the flames of dissent* burning on this thread.

*(or love, if that is your wont, we don't discriminate)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

If he gets the Saturday night show, we should organise a game of guest bingo. Each of us picks twelve potential guests, and the first one to hit six wins a prize.

I'll happily collate all the entries by PM (so as not to influence the show) and give a progress report every week.

It would be like a dead pool, but for the death of entertainment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

If he gets the Saturday night show, we should organise a game of guest bingo. Each of us picks twelve potential guests, and the first one to hit six wins a prize.

I'll happily collate all the entries by PM (so as not to influence the show) and give a progress report every week.

It would be like a dead pool, but for the death of entertainment.

I'm in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

I like Gerry Ryan.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

I'd like to see ORETE do something innovative, like have a programme where they search for the new generation of on air talent, with the prize to be a 6 week contract presenting the Saturday evening show for, say, the top 3 winners.

That's ingenius.
    More reality TV, just what we need.

First off Matlock it's not slander, slander is oral.
    Anyways, slander implies a malicious lie has been spread, I see only the truth being posted here.

<snip>

gerry_ryan_5091039.jpg

I REST MY CASE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Cunsiderthis

That's ingenius.
    More reality TV, just what we need.

Ouch! I didn't think a competition was reality tv, and thought that what's referred to as reality tv is more big brother type shows.

First off Matlock it's not slander, slander is oral.
    Anyways, slander implies a malicious lie has been spread, I see only the truth being posted here.

<snip>

While I have no idea what "the other one is wrote off" means, I am guessing its not intended kindly.

You seem to have a problem insofar as you think your opinion is the truth, and anyone elses's opinion is not the truth.

While I have no idea what "the other one is wrote off" means, I am guessing its not intended kindly.

You seem to have a problem insofar as you think your opinion is the truth, and anyone elses's opinion is not the truth.

"Wrote off" is the same as "bet down", "In bits","In a heap" etc etc
    <snip>
    As i agree with his opinion,i tend to think of it as "the truth".

gerry_ryan_5091039.jpg

I REST MY CASE.

ryan_156593t.jpg

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Surely even he (on this as yet hypothetical Saturday night show) won't have his hatchlings on it? But...........did I read that one of his is "presenting" a show about kids of famous (and I use that term very loosely) Irish "celebs"? So perhaps yet another chance for RTE to show its nepotist streak?

Apart from her I reckon he'll have:
    Tommy Tiernan and/or Hector O'Whatever
    Harry Crosbie
    Evelyn O'Rourke
    Tubbers
    Dave Fanning
    Sharon Osbourne
    George Lee and Charlie Bird
    Louis Walsh
    The guy who left Westlife
    that guys ex-wife Kerry Katatonic
    And of course, that Laydeeeeeee, Fiona Looney
    maybe Paul Williams?

The rest of the show will be filled up by Gerry talking his usual crap, maybe a section where he gives financial advice?? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

In fairness, the daughter on the right of the picture is a very pretty girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

This thread is about Gerry Ryan. Next person to slag off his children will be banned immediately. Grow up.

I understand what you're saying stargirl but HE's the one who dragged his family into the limelight..he's the one trying to make "stars" out of his daughters..the act of a pure and utter egomaniac.

He introduced his daughter Lottery to the nation on the late late. He did it not us.

He introduced his daughter Lottery to the nation on the late late. He did it not us.

And IF she ever lands a career in televison (and she stated on the Late Late that she had),she has his intervention to thank for it,NOT any talent she may or may not have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Degsy wrote: »
    I understand what you're saying stargirl but HE's the one who dragged his family into the limelight..he's the one trying to make "stars" out of his daughters..the act of a pure and utter egomaniac.
    And that would be fine, except you guys aren't having a robust debate about possible nepotism in RTE, you're slagging off some kid for how she looks. Don't play the innocent card here Degsy, won't work. Slag off one of his kids again and you're banned from the forum. This goes for everyone:Get this thread back on track or else it'll be locked.

Right then..i wonder where RTE draw thier talent for potential new shows..it seems if you're not related to one of the 5 or six names they flog to death you havnt got a chance.
    Out of a country of 4 million people why are we subjected to the same old faces merely because of thier parents or political affiliations??

Did ye see the late late last friday night. Tubridy was totally embarrassed when Derek Davis pointed out his uncle in an old photo in RTE from 1960's. Tubridy's whole family have ran and worked in RTE. His family are steeped in FF. That is why he got so far. He has no discernible talent. Who else was going to get the late late slot? Nepotism is alive and well in RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

not a particular fan of tubs but in fairness he is quick and smart and does good interviews. im talking more radio than tv here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

In fairness, the daughter on the right of the picture is a very pretty girl.

Nothing.
    Definitely wouldn't throw her out of bed for eatin' biscuits.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement