Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan Megathread!

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Poor degsy - TBH misses you so much he comes here where he can't even threaten you with a ban! :D:D

I can just hear the tumbleweed a blowing through the gerry ryan thread in the radio forum now you have left!

That thread was dying on its arse..this one is far superior and better moderated too:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

What a loathsome creature. He really is living in a bubble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭airhorn

Word of advice Degsy since your on a final warning.....dont get banned mate it aint worth it, all the patronizing pm's you'll get from Cunsiderthis saying how glad he is you got banned & how you deserved it etc despite the fact he gets away with a sh!t load of stuff himself (going off topic particulary) will make your blood boil.

Despite telling him on numerous occasions not to pm me, he kept at it, this lad is a wind up merchant & nothing else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Cunsiderthis

airhorn wrote: »
    Word of advice Degsy since your on a final warning.....dont get banned mate it aint worth it, all the patronizing pm's you'll get from Cunsiderthis saying how glad he is you got banned & how you deserved it etc despite the fact he gets away with a sh!t load of stuff himself (going off topic particulary) will make your blood boil.

Despite telling him on numerous occasions not to pm me, he kept at it, this lad is a wind up merchant & nothing else.

Are you a londoner? its unusual to hear someone to be called "mate" and use words like "aint" in Dublin.

Are you a londoner? its unusual to hear someone to be called "mate" and use words like "aint" in Dublin.

in Dublin???? Is this forum only for people from Dublin or what?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

I've never defended anyone in my life! I dislike the intolerant tone here of some who attack gerry ryan who they claim to dislike, yet they listen to his shows, discuss what he says ad nauseum, and even buy his books and read them, and seem to spend considerable time thinking about him.

I hope that you actually are G. Ryan or are a friend or related to him.
    At least then there'd be some logic to the nonsense that you post.

You dislike the intolerant tone?
    Who are you, Ghandi?

The majority who post here don't like Gerry Ryan's show, that's why we post here.
    Has it not crossed your mind that alot of us have his show inflicted upon us through no fault of our own.
    I can't dictate what radio station is played in the shops, offices and various other establishments which I have to frequent weekdays between the hours of 9 and 12.

Finally, your point that us reading about Gerry and discussing Gerry is in some way an indication that we like him is the dumbest of all your points.
    Recently I've enjoyed reading biographies about Stalin, Jeffrey Dalhmer and Charlie Haughey, it hardly means that I like them.

If you'd like to discuss this further then please step this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Cunsiderthis is DEFFO G. Ryan, ain't ya, mate?

eth0_ wrote: »
    Cunsiderthis is DEFFO G. Ryan, ain't ya, mate?

Or some deluded underling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Degsy wrote: »
    Or some deluded underling.

Or one of his paramilitary bud's!.

Dunno, who know's.. Gerry was protesting the opening of a HeadShop in Clontarf this morning!.. :pac:

Dunno, who know's.. Gerry was protesting the opening of a HeadShop in Clontarf this morning!.. :pac:

A man who freely admits to drinking too excess is protesting about a head shop?
    The bleeding hypocrite.

• Advertisement

Well he has to be seen to be against drugs.............

in public anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭bilko1234

Degsy wrote: »
    Now hang on one darned,cotton-picking minute.
    You can say what you like about me and i'll care not but accuse me of buying his book is a bridge too far.
    I expect you to read out an apology as soon as possible.

Anyone who wants to read the first few pages of the book should click on this link and click on gerry's face.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Would-Real-Gerry-Please-Stand/dp/1844881873/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1269269971&sr=8-1

And after reading it maybe post a review on the Amazon site.
    Bout time a wider audience came to appreciate this glorious literary tome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭whynotwhycanti

I'd like to just add something aswell on what cunsiderthis posts but am banned from the radio forum for good (anti gerry rants) so have been having to read what he posts without being able to respond.

One of his favorite points is that Gerry has 300,000 listeners. Well when Gerry is away and somebody else takes over i doubt very much the numbers drop, i'd be surprised if it drops at all. He has the main slot on one of the main radio stations in the country and no matter what, with or without him, there would still be a huge audience. Does Gerry add more? That is open for debate but to say that 300,000 listeners are tuning in only because of Gerry Ryan is unfounded..

I believe he also mentions how Gerry can generate his salary because of the advertising revenue his show generates. Well last time i checked the RTE budget was out by about 20-30 million euro, maybe even more. And Gerry called the 10% pay cut 'bulls*it' and eventually took it only after giving a 5 min self righteous speech that would make you sick.

My girlfriend was driving through donnybrook on Saturday and nearly knocked him over. His fault apparently and he just smiled at her. She rang me and told me about it thinking i'd be happy because she knows I’m not a fan but i was gutted she had missed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

My girlfriend was driving through donnybrook on Saturday and nearly knocked him over.

That sounds like a difficult time in any relationship. Be strong, Whynot, and don't forget we're all here for you.

My girlfriend was driving through donnybrook on Saturday and nearly knocked him over. His fault apparently and he just smiled at her. She rang me and told me about it thinking i'd be happy because she knows I’m not a fan but i was gutted she had missed him.

The car would have been a write off no doubt, probably just as well she did'nt hit him, allthough saying that .....................:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I'd like to just add something aswell on what cunsiderthis posts but am banned from the radio forum for good (anti gerry rants) so have been having to read what he posts without being able to respond.

forgot about that :o If you promise to not rant too hard or too off-topic I'll lift the ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Never be afraid to prod a PM politely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

bilko1234 wrote: »
    Anyone who wants to read the first few pages of the book should click on this link and click on gerry's face.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Would-Real-Gerry-Please-Stand/dp/1844881873/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1269269971&sr=8-1

If anyone has heard the phrase "a face i'd love to slap" and could never quite understand it, click that link and it'll all become clear

That sounds like a difficult time in any relationship. Be strong, Whynot, and don't forget we're all here for you.

Thanks, it has been tough but we are trying to work through it.

airhorn wrote: »
    The car would have been a write off no doubt, probably just as well she did'nt hit him, allthough saying that .....................:pac:

Yeah she's lucky in that regard, and im also surprised she didn't hit him, due to the surface area he takes up, i would have though it was impossible to miss him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Yeah she's lucky in that regard, and im also surprised she didn't hit him, due to the surface area he takes up, i would have though it was impossible to miss him.

I believe Louie Walsh got sucked into his gravitational field a few weeks ago, and has been orbiting him slowly ever since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

She probably swerved to avoid him and ran out of petrol.

Your personal attacks say more about your intelligence and mindset and yourself, than about gerry ryan. You seem unable to talk about him or his abilities without becoming personal and hurling abuse, which is sad for you.

Your personal attacks say more about your intelligence and mindset and yourself, than about gerry ryan. You seem unable to talk about him or his abilities without becoming personal and hurling abuse, which is sad for you.

You may think it is sad for me but i feel great. I don't think i suffer from any intelligence deficiency and i think i don't really have to say much about Gerry, he does that all by himself. I pay tax, i am unhappy at his salary and i can't stand the guy and am simply voicing it. If you are unhappy that i criticise his physical appearance well then don't read this thread and move on.

You on the other hand are the one who comes across as the enigma here. I have set my position and am upfront in what i say. You come on here continuosly confornting people who voice there opinion of him. Why, you never say. Usually just you don't like the tone used, or the personal attacks. Why don't you then go about and try and stop all the personal attacks on all poeple in life, why is it just gerry you feel obliged to protect in this matter.

You may think it is sad for me but i feel great. I don't think i suffer from any intelligence deficiency and i think i don't really have to say much about Gerry, he does that all by himself. I pay tax, i am unhappy at his salary and i can't stand the guy and am simply voicing it. If you are unhappy that i criticise his physical appearance well then don't read this thread and move on.

I do think its sad for you that you feel you have to attack him personally, by vilifying his appearance and so on. It's not that you criticise his physical appearance, its that you sneer at it and him.

...due to the surface area he takes up, i would have though it was impossible to miss him.
    is not a criticism. Its sneering, and an attempt to belittle and deride your target. Say that about one of your work colleagues and you'd be on a written warning from your HR department for workplace bullying.

You on the other hand are the one who comes across as the enigma here. I have set my position and am upfront in what i say. You come on here continuosly confornting people who voice there opinion of him. Why, you never say. Usually just you don't like the tone used, or the personal attacks. Why don't you then go about and try and stop all the personal attacks on all poeple in life, why is it just gerry you feel obliged to protect in this matter.

I dislike bullies in all walks of life and often step in to criticise those who bully others. This thread is about gerry ryan, so to use it to criticise those who bully people who are not gerry ryan seems inappropriate.

"Upfront" is one of those irregular verbs; I am upfront, He is rude, She is a bully and so on.

It would be great to actually criticise his salary, or make an argument as to why he shouldn't be on air, or make an argument as to why his show is appalling, but to resort to hurling abuse about his physical appearance seems childish and unproductive.

or make an argument as to why he shouldn't be on air, or make an argument as to why his show is appalling, but to resort to hurling abuse about his physical appearance seems childish and unproductive.

Thats a pity because one of the greatest arguments against him "being on air" is in fact his physical appearance.
    A more unhealthy-looking,toad-faced,overweight,baggy-throated bucket of lard you're unlikely to see anywhere and RTE feel we should be made to look at him?]

Television is a visual medium,people usually watch tihngs that are visually pleasing to them.. the sight of a grotesque slob like him stuffed into a cheap suit does not please the eye...nor is it a good message to send to people in thses diet and lifestyle conscious times.

I do think its sad for you that you feel you have to attack him personally, by vilifying his appearance and so on. It's not that you criticise his physical appearance, its that you sneer at it and him. is not a criticism. Its sneering, and an attempt to belittle and deride your target. Say that about one of your work colleagues and you'd be on a written warning from your HR department for workplace bullying.

I dislike bullies in all walks of life and often step in to criticise those who bully others. This thread is about gerry ryan, so to use it to criticise those who bully people who are not gerry ryan seems inappropriate.

"Upfront" is one of those irregular verbs; I am upfront, He is rude, She is a bully and so on.

It would be great to actually criticise his salary, or make an argument as to why he shouldn't be on air, or make an argument as to why his show is appalling, but to resort to hurling abuse about his physical appearance seems childish and unproductive.

Well good for you and good luck trying to ensure nobody 'sneers' at him or says anything about his physical appearance. Again, there are plenty of threads on this website where people are sneering at people so don't stop your good work just here, get out there and ensure it is eradictaed all together.

Oh and keep on telling yourself that me, and people who partake in sneering and criticism of his apperance are childish or sad or whatever because it will not have any affect on how i choose to approach it. I dislike the look of him, i dislike his presenting skills, i disliked how he dragged his heels kicking and screaming to take a pay cut, at one time referring to it as 'bullsh&t' and then gave a 5 min self rightous speech when he eventually decided to take it. I could go no and on but really don't want to drag this thread anymore away from what poeple want it to be, a place where they can say what they want about Gerry Ryan and not have you trying in vain to change that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭bilko1234

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Looks familiar

48500012052675746744.bmpfunny-animals-01-laughing-horse2.jpg

• Advertisement

His crowning moment as a televison presenter.
    0.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement