Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan Megathread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

Your personal attacks say more about your intelligence and mindset and yourself, than about gerry ryan.
    You seem unable to talk about him or his abilities
    without becoming personal and hurling abuse, which is sad for you.

What abilities?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

I dislike bullies in all walks of life and often step in to criticise those who bully others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭ocokev

Iv been Gerry Ryan free for the last ten years both in sight and sound and i hope to never see or hear the bug again.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jimmyboss

Degsy wrote: »
    Thats a pity because one of the greatest arguments against him "being on air" is in fact his physical appearance.
    A more unhealthy-looking,toad-faced,overweight,baggy-throated bucket of lard you're unlikely to see anywhere and RTE feel we should be made to look at him?]

Television is a visual medium,people usually watch tihngs that are visually pleasing to them.. the sight of a grotesque slob like him stuffed into a cheap suit does not please the eye...nor is it a good message to send to people in thses diet and lifestyle conscious times.

Unfortunately, Degsy, it's probably a top of the range Louis Copeland that we, the downtrodden taxpayer, have forked out for via the licence fee........:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭BongoJuice

Hey cunsiderthis, how long have you been rimming Gerry Ryan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

You seem unable to talk about him or his abilities without becoming personal and hurling abuse, which is sad for you.
    His what-now?

We did initially try to talk about his abilities, but it was a very short discussion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

His what-now?

We did initially try to talk about his abilities, but it was a very short discussion.

Well now for the sake of argument we could continue to discuss his ability to inspire nausea in most people..or his ability to breath,albeit noisily when his head is buried so far up his own arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Looks familiar

48500012052675746744.bmpfunny-animals-01-laughing-horse2.jpg
    or......

Brian-Cowen004.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭airhorn

BongoJuice wrote: »
    Hey cunsiderthis, how long have you been rimming Gerry Ryan?

Considering the amount of stuff he's getting away with on the other Ryan thread......one could be forgiven he's rimming more than Ryan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

I had the misfortune of almost vomiting today ,I left the room where this twonk was audible through the stereo system.And the sickness soon left me.

Basically ,I heard gerry ryan actually say that the top men in anglo did nothing wrong ,by buying shares to improve the image of the bank.
    Surely this is not a person who should be paid by the state and therefore a spokesperson for the people aswell.

Anyways ,all ended well ,I asked the people in the house could I change the station ,they had no problem because they didn't like gerry ryan anyway :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

airhorn wrote: »
    Considering the amount of stuff he's getting away with on the other Ryan thread......one could be forgiven he's rimming more than Ryan!

:rolleyes:

That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

yoshytoshy wrote: »

Basically ,I heard gerry ryan actually say that the top men in anglo did nothing wrong ,by buying shares to improve the image of the bank.

Well, his attitude is hardly surprising considering he gets his financial advice from Harry Crosby. The same Harry Crosby who when asked if he was one of the developers whose f**k ups are going to cost the Irish taxpayer 60 billion euro... responded - "All the best people are NAMA'ed"

Slidey wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

That is all.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

deadhead13 wrote: »
    Well, his attitude is hardly surprising considering he gets his financial advice from Harry Crosby. The same Harry Crosby who when asked if he was one of the developers whose f**k ups are going to cost the Irish taxpayer 60 billion euro... responded - "All the best people are NAMA'ed"

NAMA takes both good and bad loans. I would have thought Crosby is in fact one of the "good" developers - in that he's paying back his loans no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

MikeC101 wrote: »
    NAMA takes both good and bad loans. I would have thought Crosby is in fact one of the "good" developers - in that he's paying back his loans no problem.

I know, I just thought it a particularly stupid thing for him to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

read his books to the extent that you can quote from them.

Ah now here ..

First of all, Gerry has ONE book.

Secondly, when Degsy posts a quote, he does by typing as he reads it.

Now you hardly think he has memorized a whole book to the extent where he can just rhyme of quotes willy nilly do ya ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭ocokev

BaZmO* wrote: »
    or......

Brian-Cowen004.jpg

&
    rtub_indo_324585t.jpg
    funny-animals-01-laughing-horse2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

http://quotesfromthebubble.blogspot.com/2009/03/gerry-ryan-rte-radio-presenter.html
    17 Feb 2008:

"Now is your time to go out and buy that house because they're never going to be cheaper. Never going to be cheaper."

He never apologised to any of his listeners for this advice, which if they had taken would mean they are now in negative equity. Indeed, he went out and repeated the same advice again _2 years later_:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64101312&postcount=937

I'm willing to believe he's not a vested interest and just a moron.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭RayCon

I can't believe there's 92 pages dedicated to this gobshyte ... although 99.9999999% of it is negative so carry on ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Right- I said I'd leave this thread open for a bit to see how it goes and I think it's done. It's going round in pointless circles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

After receiving a few pleading messages about this thread, we've decided to re-open it for the time being. Fair warning: We'll be watching it closely for any more messing around; if there's even a hint of some of the dodgy stuff that was said earlier in the thread then it'll be locked immediately. This doesn't mean you can't say what you think about Gerry Ryan - feel free, but remember to stick to the guidelines of boards and this forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I hate Gerry Ryan:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

Degsy wrote: »
    I hate Gerry Ryan:mad:

not as much as me. I should have taken a photo of the park job he did up in super-valu in Killester a couple weeks back.

On a completely seperate note, are you allowed to call someone a d!ck head on here?

winston82 wrote: »

On a completely seperate note, are you allowed to call someone a d!ck head on here?
    No.

You should be able to express yourself without resorting to petty name calling

No.

Ohhhh the irony :)

No.

:o

Sorry mods, I thought this was the radio forum.

Must unsubscribe from this thread.

:o

Sorry mods, I thought this was the radio forum.

Must unsubscribe from this thread.

No bother Slidey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Denmark101

Word on the street is that he's going to take over from O'Connor on The Saturday Night Show:( From bad, to a different kind of bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Cunsiderthis

Denmark101 wrote: »
    Word on the street is that he's going to take over from O'Connor on The Saturday Night Show:( From bad, to a different kind of bad!

I've never seen either him or O'Connor on the Saturday Night Show. You have to hand it to ORETE though, for supporting their talent. Its such a shame ORETE doesn't look for new talent rather than keep promoting talent like GR on tv, where he has proved time and time again to be less than at home. I'd like to see ORETE do something innovative, like have a programme where they search for the new generation of on air talent, with the prize to be a 6 week contract presenting the Saturday evening show for, say, the top 3 winners.

But it's unlikely they would do that as they seem more interested in promoting the same old faces. Which is a shame.

• Advertisement

Denmark101 wrote: »

Any idea of when thats supposed to be happening?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement