Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemistdirect.co.uk

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 btw123

hmmm I've placed a couple of orders with them and they've all arrived within a week of order date, are the items your ordering showing as in stock? I make sure they are before I order to avoid getting half the order shipped it's just to messy

In my case - I made triple sure that items were in stock before I ordered.

From comments around here and other websites, 8/10 customers are dissatisfied. Looks like a russian roulette at being the lucy customer here. Nah, I dont place such games with my dosh.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ab4248

Have used them twice. Very prompt service. Baby supplies very cheap. Havent tried the perscription side of things.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Ordered off these for the first time a few days ago. Got an email dispatch confirmation this afternoon. Fingers crossed..

• Registered Users Posts: 21 molzer

I ordered about €200 of stuff from them in mid Nov, main reason is the substantial saving on Royal Canin dog food! of which I ordered two bags.
    Anyway after a few emails I did receive the majority of my stuff in two deliveries approx. 3 weeks after ordering. I was refunded for a few items they didn't have.
    My experience is good savings to be had if you can afford to wait. I estimate I saved about €60 on the order.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Order arrived yesterday safe and sound. No problems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

molzer wrote: »
    main reason is the substantial saving on Royal Canin dog food!

Are you looking after the queens corgis again?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭beanhead

Ordered 6 months worth of Zoton, cost in my local chemist is €35.41 for 28 tabs, price with chemistdirect.co.uk is 28p per tab

My 6 months via my chemist would have been €212.46
    From chemistdirect it came to £57.89 inc delivery

Showed up on my BOI Mastercard as:
    01 FEB 2010 CHEMISTDIRECT.CO.U €67.85 57.89GBP RATE 0.8532

Ordered 22/01/2010(sent perscription via airmail same day), arrived in Wicklow 05/02/2010. Do NOT attempt to use the freepost option, that only works in the UK.

These are the real thing - branded Zoton - have tried & believe you me I know this medication backwards, not a 'good' fake. Plus these guys have a substantial operation in real premises and could be invaded by the authorities any time they liked, they are not a dodgy PO box.

Over the course of a year the savings would be in the region of €289.22.

Quite simply I will no longer purchase locally unless it's urgent, sorry Mr Pharmacist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

Just to counter beanhead post above....

I'd avoid them like the plague, my first order with them for nothing special was fine and arrived promptly. My second order had most of it cancelled by them as they were having "supplier problems" even though they were common products marked as "in stock" on their website. After a few emails the refunded what was due and part of the postage fee, but not without me asking several times. I should have known better but my third, and now last, order was a shambles. Most of the items were cancelled, again due to "supplier problems" but again common items listed as in stock. I've so far sent them 8 emails and have only now received a refund for the missing items, 30 days later, and they aren't replying to my emails anymore. they still charged the full postage fee on my order even though less than half of it was sent.

Use them if you like but don't expect to receive what you order and then expect zero interest or customer service on their part. I won't be using them again. Please, learn from my experience!

can understand the frustration. I discovered that you can't actually mix a perscription basket with non-perscription items which seems a little silly...

sure if you get a mixed basket of items then it might be possible to get the bad experience you had. without you revealing the products ;) , it's hard to comment - were they items on special offer therefore can run out due to demand???
    If yes, I had a similar experience to you when ordering the most discounted items on mandmdirect & trespass clothing offers on amazon. You find out afterwards that they cannot meet demand...

i am only proposing this sites use for single-order perscriptions where the local chemists price is over 3 1/2 times what checmistdirect's price is.

Checking the packing I see they are a supplier to the NHS, that is good enough for me.

I have nothing to do with chemistdirect, I simply used them once & had a good experience ordering a very common, yet expensive (over here) perscription medicine.

I bet Nexium is much cheaper as well
    quenching wrote: »
    Just to counter beanhead post above....

I'd avoid them like the plague, my first order with them for nothing special was fine and arrived promptly. My second order had most of it cancelled by them as they were having "supplier problems" even though they were common products marked as "in stock" on their website. After a few emails the refunded what was due and part of the postage fee, but not without me asking several times. I should have known better but my third, and now last, order was a shambles. Most of the items were cancelled, again due to "supplier problems" but again common items listed as in stock. I've so far sent them 8 emails and have only now received a refund for the missing items, 30 days later, and they aren't replying to my emails anymore. they still charged the full postage fee on my order even though less than half of it was sent.

Use them if you like but don't expect to receive what you order and then expect zero interest or customer service on their part. I won't be using them again. Please, learn from my experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

tregan wrote: »
    wow! can't believe that ... pregnancy test 79p! including postage its still a lot cheaper than here ... 8.99 in tesco for a single and i thought that wasn't too bad - once again - rip off ireland!

edited to say ... see postage is more than i thought but you'd obviously buy more than one item

Will you need a lot then.....;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

beanhead wrote: »
    can understand the frustration. I discovered that you can't actually mix a perscription basket with non-perscription items which seems a little silly...

sure if you get a mixed basket of items then it might be possible to get the bad experience you had. without you revealing the products ;) , it's hard to comment - were they items on special offer therefore can run out due to demand???
    If yes, I had a similar experience to you when ordering the most discounted items on mandmdirect & trespass clothing offers on amazon. You find out afterwards that they cannot meet demand...

i am only proposing this sites use for single-order perscriptions where the local chemists price is over 3 1/2 times what checmistdirect's price is.

Checking the packing I see they are a supplier to the NHS, that is good enough for me.

I have nothing to do with chemistdirect, I simply used them once & had a good experience ordering a very common, yet expensive (over here) perscription medicine.

I bet Nexium is much cheaper as well

None of my items were prescription products, all very common things you'd buy in Boots or Tesco. All were listed as in stock and still were when cancelled, and still are now. They were removed from my order without notice, I even emailed them when ordering specifically asking them not to ship a partial order, this request was ignored.

My first order with them was fine also, maybe they care more if you're a new customer. They are not a company I'd deal with again, even when they replied they were indifferent and never actually addressed any of my queries.

quenching wrote: »
    None of my items were prescription products, all very common things you'd buy in Boots or Tesco.

That's exactly what I would not use them for...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

I have ordered several times in past year from checmist direct.Never had a major prob. Once they didnt hadnt some of my order in stock when order was processed but they deducted that from bill. I rang them up twice and customer service on phone is grand. One thing that annoyed me was that when certain amount of my order wasnt in stock they just dispatched what was available and if i wanted the other items i had to order again and pay shipping again. But overall if you arent in a rush for thing s and are prepared to risk not getting some of the order then they are great value. I order things in bulk so even if some things dont get shipped i still get good value on stuff that is shipped. Today my latest order arrived and i stocked up on lamisil for my athletes foot at half price of dublin, years supply of ibuprofen for family for a fraction of dublin cost, and several other things. Everything arrived in this order and only 6 working days to get here.

Seems like they do have 2 major problems -

They make a partial shipment, then if you want the other items, you have to pay shipping again, that is not so great i would agree, amazon's shipping process is much more customer-friendly

This could fix this in a couple of ways:-

#1a. - Amazon . they pay 2nd+ delivery charges
    #1b. Programatically tot up the value of the basket contents that they could ship & depending on a checkbox selected, ship those items immediately or not at all depending on the Customer choice &/or content value

#2. You can't mix prescription & non prescription, that should be easily curable

Once again I don't see a convincing argument for NOT buying a 6/12 month expensive prescription which I feel makes them a BARGAIN!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Killed

Just to give people a warning about delivery charges for this crowd. I've ordered off them a few times before and usually paid around 7 quid delivery. Went to do an order yesterday and delivery came to 19. I questioned it and was told that they have reviewed their delivery charges. I think that rules them out for anyone saving money compared to chemists here.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

Thanks for the heads up on this - is it €19 for all Irish deliveries or is it dependant on what your ordering. I was going to put in an order, but not at those charges.

I emailed them before saying they should consider free Irish delivery for larger orders, but the emailed back saying it wasn't something they were interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Killed

It's dependent on what you buy, it was 19 Sterling not Euro just to make it worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

Killed wrote: »
    It's dependent on what you buy, it was 19 Sterling not Euro just to make it worse.

Pretty steep alright - cost me roughly the same two weeks ago but was happy to pay it give the amount I saved - bought a load of generic anti histamines and saved an absolute fortune.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Fantastico

I ordered stuff from this crowd in the past but was also recently put off by their high delivery charges, £19. I used chemistonline.co.uk instead which provide most of the same products but seem to have a standard £9.99 delivery charge to Ireland, at least when I changed around the amounts of products in my cart the delivery charge stayed the same. Would be nice to find an online chemist doing free delivery to Ireland, anyone?

Fantastico wrote: »
    I ordered stuff from this crowd in the past but was also recently put off by their high delivery charges, £19. I used chemistonline.co.uk instead which provide most of the same products but seem to have a standard £9.99 delivery charge to Ireland, at least when I changed around the amounts of products in my cart the delivery charge stayed the same. Would be nice to find an online chemist doing free delivery to Ireland, anyone?

It would seeing as so many of the online Uk retailers have at the very least reduced their shipping costs to Ireland - all we need now is someone like Amazon to open an online chemist then we'll definitely start getting free shipping :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Used these before about 2 years ago and delivery was £7, went to buy a packet of Solpadine (5.15) delivery charge was £12.81 :eek: Needless to say didn't complete order.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Try, pharmacyfirst.co.uk

Delivery is £2.95, but if you order anything that's controlled here you will have your package stopped by customs.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Try, pharmacyfirst.co.uk

Delivery is £2.95, but if you order anything that's controlled here you will have your package stopped by customs.

Delivery is £4.99 but thanks, probably depends on amount you spend. Hardly think customs would be bothered with a pack of Solpadeine, I have got Nytol online from UK a few times and never had a problem, wouldn't that be in the same "controlled" category as Solpadeine?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

does that mean any medicine with Codine in it eg nurofen plus is controlled substance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Haven't read the whole thread so not sure if it's already been asked, but my main concern with online pharmacies is whether the products supplied are genuine or if they're Chinese (or wherever) knock-off copies? Maybe it's just me and all those junk mails I get but I'd be wary about buying medication online. Can someone with some experience shed some light?

Haven't read the whole thread so not sure if it's already been asked, but my main concern with online pharmacies is whether the products supplied are genuine or if they're Chinese (or wherever) knock-off copies? Maybe it's just me and all those junk mails I get but I'd be wary about buying medication online. Can someone with some experience shed some light?

I've only ordered from UK ones that have official recognition and phone numbers you can ring, also I would only order regular medication (Nytol, Solpadeine). Too expensive now for my humble needs because of delivery charge but loads of newspaper reviews for this crowd:

http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/in_the_news.php

Ordered from Pharmacyfirst last week - ordered 7 months supply of hayfever anti-histamines probably do me for next year as well :) eye drops, nasal spray ( for hay-fever as well) and a few boxes of ibuprofen and paracetamol - all were generic - including delivery cost me less than £20 and got delivered on Monday this week. Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Mr.David

Anyone know if they will accept an Irish prescription? Says on the website UK private prescription?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

anyone know if it's AnPost who delivers for pharmacyfirst?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭CricketDude

i've been using assetchemist.co.uk or years.
    Cheap delivery and seems to be cheaper goods than any other online chemist ive seen.

Advertisement