Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemistdirect.co.uk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

5% discount code on order over £10.
    Code:vouchercodes5
    Valid until 22nd of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Ares wrote: »
    yep, can always pop across the border to grab your prescription if needs be.
    My dads meds cost €44 a month here, he was up in Enniskillen and got 4 months for less than £20. Amazing price difference.

I never knew you could go across the border to get your medication. Good to know.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I ordered for the first time on Tuesday - Delivered to the door this morning (Friday). Pretty excellent service, and about 1/3 of what I would have paid here.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Laxie

Not sure who (if anyone) is into essential oils, but if you're willing to spend £100 or more you can get them DIRT CHEAP here https://www.amphora-wholesale.com/ I don't generally order £100 on my own, but combine orders with friends about twice a year under one account.

Not sure if I should post in this thread, but noticed the price of oils on the chemist site and that's what made me think of it. You need to sign up with Amphora to see their prices, but one example is a 10ml bottle of Lavender Oil costing £1.20 and it costs £4.47 on the chemist website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭brosna

I was shocked today to spend €4.84 on a 15gm tube of Bonjela in my local chemist.

Checked this on Chemist Direct and it costs £2.45 which works out at approx $2.82

a saving of over €2.00 per tube

This will definitely be on my next Chemist Direct shopping list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭indenial

I placed an order on 17th Aug and still haven't received any items. All I get from them is the order was dispatched on 25th and should be with you in a few days. After two good initial experiences its back to the crappy service that I was afraid off after reading other posters experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

indenial wrote: »
    I placed an order on 17th Aug and still haven't received any items. All I get from them is the order was dispatched on 25th and should be with you in a few days. After two good initial experiences its back to the crappy service that I was afraid off after reading other posters experiences.

Yeah, its the luck of the draw with that lot. Will never order with them again after being let down with my last order that I cancelled after waiting ages for it to be dispatched, which meant I had to get pet supplies in a hurry locally(and pay loads more:() Its such a pity because there is great value to be had on that site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

can u be sure all of there medicines and vitamins and stuff are actually legit. Thats the last thing u want to find out is fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

suppafly wrote: »
    can u be sure all of there medicines and vitamins and stuff are actually legit. Thats the last thing u want to find out is fake.

Well Margaret had nothing but good things to say about them!

http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/delight-vibrator-rose-47038_1_45080.html
    her review

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

brosna wrote: »
    I was shocked today to spend €4.84 on a 15gm tube of Bonjela in my local chemist.

Checked this on Chemist Direct and it costs £2.45 which works out at approx $2.82

a saving of over €2.00 per tube

This will definitely be on my next Chemist Direct shopping list

Good to know your willing to hammer a few more nails into chemists who have been absolutely hammered in the last few months all for the sake of saving 2 euro. This is tough for all of us but thank God Im not that miserable.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

gpf101 wrote: »
    Good to know your willing to hammer a few more nails into chemists who have been absolutely hammered in the last few months all for the sake of saving 2 euro. This is tough for all of us but thank God Im not that miserable.

When you know what Chemists profit margins are, come back and preach, mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

I don't know what forum you think you're in but its "BARGAIN ALERTS". A place to post "BARGAINS" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Be civil or don't post at all, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 altavista

Bought over £50 worth of non prescription goods. I was short 4 products value £9.65. That was over a month ago. They charged my credit card in full and I still haven't received the outstanding items or a credit. 10 Emails + 6 online chats and no satisfaction. Wouldn't recommend them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭indenial

I received all my items in one lot last Friday (almost 1 month after placing the order). You wouldn't want to be in a hurry anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 altavista

Just 1 other issue - they have now blocked my email messages to them - Not a very good way to do business.
    Where can I make a complaint?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

altavista wrote: »
    Just 1 other issue - they have now blocked my email messages to them - Not a very good way to do business.
    Where can I make a complaint?

Ring them on +44 - 121 524 1941 .I found them quite helpful on the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 btw123

chilly wrote: »
    Ring them on +44 - 121 524 1941 .I found them quite helpful on the phone.

Whatever you do - do not use chemist direct. Yes there are a few happy endings it seems but a quick google of chemist direct reviews will show you a deluge of people having been bitten by these cons. I am one of them.
    I am a person that has ordered countless times from website (ebay) and others, from UK, Europe, USA, Hong Kong. I was always treated well and my orders no matter how small or otherwise were sent promptly.

I used chemist direct following an operation to remove a toe nail (quite painful) - podologist prescribed me to get medication asap so that the new nail will not be affected by the same problem and would need to go through operation again.

Chemist direct promised a 3-6 delivery to Europe. I contacted them several times, making it clear that my order was URGENT and that I could not wait beyond what their promised timings are.

They just dont care. All you get from their live chat is "I CAN ONLY APOLOGISE..." which is very stupid and irritating when they do it constantly and you know its not true. I even pointed this out with customer care...and how does she immediately respond ? "I CAN ONLY APOLOGISE"

My order never was dispatched not even on day 12 *let alone 3-6 days as they claim* so I had in the end to order from another source. When I infomed them of this and the order cancellation, lo and behold, they claimed that they shipped the items and could not refund me. Of course I took the case up with the bank and sent them all the evidence of constant warnings and numerous times informing them for cancellation of order, so I expect the case to be solved that way. However my only advice to you guys...dont play with fire...
    ...some might have recieved their items after huge delays (IS THAT ACCEPTABLE FOR YOU ? being tricked like that and playing with medication) but I have read a real lot of reviews in various websites claimed that they revicieved the wrong items, expired items, paying for a 50 ml something, but you recieve it in 25 ml form, not getting their money back etc.. etc.. They also effect payment immediately and send (if they ever do) when they feel like.

I would rate them as a zero star and a bloody disgusting service - how on earth a British company is allowed to work in that way is beyond belief. It is clear that they are a decieving company, tricking customers and abusing from the numerous damming comments one reads about them.

The money is yours, you take the risk, but if you ask me - I'd rather pay a bit more and get peace of mind than having to make Chemist Direct.co.uk rich by conning me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Why in God's earth would you order something you need urgently, especially medication, from a website?

dudara wrote: »
    Why in God's earth would you order something you need urgently, especially medication, from a website?

Quite easy mate - when you're never bitten before, the company is British and you expect blue chip service and the same company claims a max of 3- 6 day delivery than you easily fall for it.

My only stupid thing ? I did not read reviews before ordering. Had I done so - I would never have used chemist direct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

So you ordered something you needed urgently to prevent a reinfection on your toe from a website... FFS just go to a chemist here and buy that cream...

In the long run it costs us all more for the actions of a few.

So you ordered something you needed urgently to prevent a reinfection on your toe from a website... FFS just go to a chemist here and buy that cream...

In the long run it costs us all more for the actions of a few.

Don't know where your here is, but my here is MALTA and the product us 3 times more expensive here. and 3-6 days was ok to wait.

It was not just the medication that was in the order - the order contain other medicinals/pharmacutical stuff as well in order to spread the shipping costs.

Mate you are posting on an Irish website so please fill in your location details in your profile so that people know your general location

That asside it is a joke website

Mate you are posting on an Irish website so please fill in your location details in your profile so that people know your general location

That asside it is a joke website

Will do - but I guess I made it amply obvious from where I come from in the previous post. ;)

I'm not fussed whether it's a joke website or legion of Mary one, as long as the warnings keep on coming about businesses to avoid being bitten from

One thing though, why do you think just because they are based in the UK they will be anygood? Plenty of scams run from the UK and elsewhere, location is nothing to do with quality

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Would ye leave the guy alone. He made a mistake by ordering from this lot, no need for this inquisition!!:)

Feck it I had my pitch fork out and all.... Will have to store it away again unless we have a go at chemistdirect... ;)

Feck it I had my pitch fork out and all.... Will have to store it away again unless we have a go at chemistdirect... ;)

Agree with your point - scams come from anywhere. However it's just a (false) tradition that we have here, maybe because of past colonial times or just because of close ties with G.B. that we usually come to expect blue ribbon service from UK companies (however must point out that from countless purchases and alot from there, this is the first time I was treated like I was nothing). But you are correct - it's a misnomer after all :o

Hey guys, hows the weather up there in Ireland. Here although still warm to swim in the med the weather is clearly autumn like :( By the way - you guys are great - got a lot of friends working there who think the world of you + my Irish Aunt is great !

Currently raining lightly here in Cork.

Yes, we Irish are great. ;)

• Advertisement

Currently raining lightly here in Cork.

Yes, we Irish are great. ;)

You might want to know of another Irish man living here who is just now trying to break a world record in diving.
    http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20090919/local/diver-starts-underwater-record-attempt

Advertisement