Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemistdirect.co.uk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

so does the one off delivery charge (think its £8.00) cover the shortages on the orders or do they look for you to pay for delivery on the items they leave you short?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

so does the one off delivery charge (think its £8.00) cover the shortages on the orders or do they look for you to pay for delivery on the items they leave you short?

Mine is being sent in two parts as items were out of stock, both now dispatched and paid for, and adding up the two euro amounts, you only pay once :)

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭metricspaces

nephster wrote: »
    Mine is being sent in two parts as items were out of stock, both now dispatched and paid for, and adding up the two euro amounts, you only pay once :)

They couldn't get two of my items. So they refunded me for those two items and shipped the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭digitalage

I have ordered from these no bother at all, will definetly use again at these prices, order took 4 working days to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

My order has now shipped missing a few items. No mention of them or explanation and the new total doesn't reflect the 5% discount I got from the discount code here. Am getting most things so happy enough but I really need the missing baby monitor so don't know whether to order somewhere else now in case they send a 2nd pack.

What to do? Will email them but would have thought they would send me a mail about the missing items? Is that everyones experience where items missing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I still haven't got my order. It was dispatched on the 20th so would have expected it to arrive by now.

Grawns, was it sent by normal post or did it get delivered by courier?

(congratulations by the way!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

So is it operated by Play.com or are they using (or stealing) the Play.com platform? The resemblance is too close to be anything else.

I've been using Pharmacy2U for years, find them very good. Just compared the two on £30 worth of products and P2U came out the better.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

^^^Chemistdirect only charge £7.50 no matter what you order though..Pharmacy2u charge on the weight.

lindtee wrote: »
    I still haven't got my order. It was dispatched on the 20th so would have expected it to arrive by now.

Grawns, was it sent by normal post or did it get delivered by courier?

(congratulations by the way!)

Mine was only despatched today. Little BUMP, As before, my order has now shipped missing a few items. No mention of them or explanation and the new total doesn't reflect the 5% discount I got from the discount code here. Am getting most things so happy enough but I really need the missing baby monitor so don't know whether to order somewhere else now in case they send a 2nd pack.

What to do? Will email them but would have thought they would send me a mail about the missing items? Is that everyones experience where items missing?

I would def email them if I were you regarding, the missing item and the new recalculated total(come to think of it, I reckon that they recalculated mine not inc the discount too). Or go on the live help, with your order number handy.

• Advertisement

I would def email them if I were you regarding, the missing item and the new recalculated total(come to think of it, I reckon that they recalculated mine not inc the discount too). Or go on the live help, with your order number handy.

Thanks
    Emailed them earlier, will see what happens in 24 hrs and go to the live help. Strange that they don't mention missing items so I don't know if they are cancelled. Still great prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

My order was only part shipped too and only found out when i opened the parcel, no email from them which was disappointing. Contacted them via the website and got a mail back saying order had been shipped but the tracking number they gave gives a "not found" message on royal mail.com

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Grawns wrote: »
    Thanks
    Emailed them earlier, will see what happens in 24 hrs and go to the live help. Strange that they don't mention missing items so I don't know if they are cancelled. Still great prices.

Update:

Went on the live help ( not very live) asking about the outstanding parts of my order and got a reply saying that they would ship soon. Today I got a reply to my original email apologosing and saying that 2 items have been cancelled ( out of stock) but the others would ship. I still don't know what I have been billed for as I have received 3 different totals.

Also if you want to track your order the correct site seems to be http://www.dpd.co.uk/shipping/tracking.htm

Hmmm!

Can anyone tell me what couriers deliver chemistdirect shipments in the Cork area?

Chemist Direct reckon my order was dispatched on the 20th(nearly 2 weeks ago) with 3 products to follow, I received one of those products today (via normal post) so I am v worried as to the whereabouts of my main shipment. I'm not going to mention names but I had a problem before with a certain courier company having my stuff for 2 weeks at their depot before attempting delivery and when I did get it, it was damaged(by them)(and to be fair to the company I ordered from they replaced it without question).

Would really appreciate a speedy response!!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

Lindtee, I got my parcel delivered by An Post, it was waiting for me in the local post office as I wasn't home when the postman delivered the mail... Hope this helps..

Magic

• Registered Users Posts: 7,549 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

magicEye wrote: »
    Lindtee, I got my parcel delivered by An Post, it was waiting for me in the local post office as I wasn't home when the postman delivered the mail... Hope this helps..

Magic

An Post delivery here in Galway as well, seems to be An Post all over...

Thanks for the info, contacted them via their "live help" to see if it was dispatched when they said it was, tracking number doesn't work, but yet I got one of the items which was dispatched after the main stuff. Hopefully will get it over next few days and it was just delayed somewhere along the way

• Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

placed order this day last week, placed a £46 order mix of medicines razor blades hair & Dental products, still at order received contacted their live assistance option and told warehouse would advise, no emails back today but when I went to my account order status is gone to partly dispatched, no idea whats shipped and what hasn't :(

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭absurdtrivia

That's annoying. I hate waiting around for packages to arrive. But, at least they don't charge extra for multiple deliveries.

Thanks for the info, contacted them via their "live help" to see if it was dispatched when they said it was, tracking number doesn't work, but yet I got one of the items which was dispatched after the main stuff. Hopefully will get it over next few days and it was just delayed somewhere along the way

if you want to track your order the correct site seems to be http://www.dpd.co.uk/shipping/tracking.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I have been waiting for the status to change for a week, so I mailed them and they replied quickly to apologise and said it would be pushed through.

Maybe they are just short staffed, keeping the costs down...

Hi, another €3.02 has been debited from my account by them this am, €1.02 last week and the €49.56 originally....I do not know what any of these debits have actually paid for. I have only received one item so far. Got no reply as of yet to my "live" help request. What the hell is going on? Yes, I would have saved a bundle if I actually got any of my stuff! but where is it? And why the extra debits? They need to be more transparent....with whats being delivered, whats not, what has been paid for, what is out of stock etc,etc

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

placed order this day last week, placed a £46 order mix of medicines razor blades hair & Dental products, still at order received contacted their live assistance option and told warehouse would advise, no emails back today but when I went to my account order status is gone to partly dispatched, no idea whats shipped and what hasn't :(

OK have just placed an order with them now - have ordered from them before without problems - will report back

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I've received no replies to emails either enquiring about missing product from order.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

I ordered from them a while ago and recieved my order after about a week.

I ordered again from them about 2 weeks ago, checked out using paypal got an order confirmation and receipts etc. Logged in the next day to check the order status and no sign of the order I placed. No record of it at all.
    I too tried the "Live Help" and did get to speak to someone, who told me that the order reference didn't exist. They also told me they had no record of my account, even though I'd ordered from them successfully in the past and had order confirmations etc. The "Live Help" then went dead.

I phoned them that afternoon and tried to get through on their phone system but the option for order queries just went to a fax line. It took three attempts of trying different options on their phone system to eventually get to speak to a live person. Who then told me what I already knew, the order didn't exist. I explained that I had all the confirmations etc and that I had paid by Payapl and I had the receipt from them too. I was told the funds wouldn't be taken until the order shipped. I tried to explain that wasn't the case for Paypal payments and to issue me a refund. I was told that wasn't possible as the manager had gone home for the day. I was asked to leave my number, which I did, so the manager could call me back. Needless to say...no call back.

I have emailed numerous times without a response.

I have since filed a dispute with Paypal to which Chemistdirect have not responded to. So the dispute will have to run its full course so I can get back my money.

Their prices are good, I was happy with my last order and had recommended them to others.

However, if something goes wrong with your order your basically left dangling.

BNC wrote: »
    I ordered from them a while ago and recieved my order after about a week.

I ordered again from them about 2 weeks ago, checked out using paypal got an order confirmation and receipts etc. Logged in the next day to check the order status and no sign of the order I placed. No record of it at all.
    I too tried the "Live Help" and did get to speak to someone, who told me that the order reference didn't exist. They also told me they had no record of my account, even though I'd ordered from them successfully in the past and had order confirmations etc. The "Live Help" then went dead.

I phoned them that afternoon and tried to get through on their phone system but the option for order queries just went to a fax line. It took three attempts of trying different options on their phone system to eventually get to speak to a live person. Who then told me what I already knew, the order didn't exist. I explained that I had all the confirmations etc and that I had paid by Payapl and I had the receipt from them too. I was told the funds wouldn't be taken until the order shipped. I tried to explain that wasn't the case for Paypal payments and to issue me a refund. I was told that wasn't possible as the manager had gone home for the day. I was asked to leave my number, which I did, so the manager could call me back. Needless to say...no call back.

I have emailed numerous times without a response.

I have since filed a dispute with Paypal to which Chemistdirect have not responded to. So the dispute will have to run its full course so I can get back my money.

Their prices are good, I was happy with my last order and had recommended them to others.

However, if something goes wrong with your order your basically left dangling.

I had the exact problem you had, athough I didn't use paypal. I basicaly send them LOADS of emails, snotty ones at that. I rang my cc company and was able to get the transaction details, Chemist direct were then able to locate my transaction details on their payment system, realise that it did not match any orders in their system and refunded me my money. You got to keep at them about this-can you contact paypal and get the transaction details from them? Do not be left dangling, the emails have to be VERY strongely worded. It took me about 5 days from point of order to gettting my money refunded. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Garth

I managed to get my order shipped one week after I ordered it, after two snitty emails and a "live chat" with someone. I'm not sure the emails were ever seen.

They shipped it DPD, I received it in under 48 hours. It was a selection of cat/dog medicines and food. Very good value but they have to get their logistics in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

You got to keep at them about this-can you contact paypal and get the transaction details from them? Do not be left dangling, the emails have to be VERY strongely worded. It took me about 5 days from point of order to gettting my money refunded. Good luck

Thanks lindtee. I'll get my money back through Paypal it will just take a while, they have all the transaction ID's etc.
    Garth wrote: »
    Very good value but they have to get their logistics in order.

Thats the thing, they have good prices but their logistics and support suck.

I still have not received my main shipment of my first order, Chemist Direct are adament that it was sent out on the 20/1. If I have not received it by the 17th of this month they will re-send the items or refund

However, I put in another order last friday (when I realised they sold dog food), and received the order in full by courier this morning. (plus the money only debited for that order this morning)

I cannot understand what has happened to my first order, I opened a new account for my second order, as there were problems with my first account. Going to keep at them, since the second order came so quickly, I have a feeling that the first one didn't get sent out at all, due to some error. (I did get follow on items for that order which were sent seperatley).

• Advertisement

It wasn't the full order at all- 3 items missing:(. Have emailed them about it. Def was charged for them too.

I'm afraid that I don't think that I will be ordering again, despite the great prices. Too much hassel trying to chase things up... If everything isn't sorted within a week with the 2 orders, def not ordering again.

Advertisement