Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemistdirect.co.uk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

I having the same problem. I item not shipped, but charged for it, and no answer to emails.:rolleyes: Item is worth £13, so its just as well I've saved €20 to €30 on what did arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

lindtee wrote: »
    I'm afraid that I don't think that I will be ordering again, despite the great prices. Too much hassel trying to chase things up...

Agreed, I feel the same way

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

To be fair I emailed them about the 3 missing items on my second order and they replyed quicky, I wasn't actualy charged for them but it still wasn't clear whether they were going to be sent or not. Not too pushed as they were small items but still, the way they have the "my orders" section on their site is shocking and I wish they'd email to let you know that the item was delayed/cancelled or whatever.

Hope I get my first order next week, its really stressful to have to chase a company like this.:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Main part of first order arrived today-2 items out of date...(but were advertised as short-dated on site & were only 49p-gave 1 to my dad!!:pac::pac:). 3 weeks since I ordered so they were actually in date at that stage.

Well stocked up now on medicinal and pet items(at least for another 3 months anyways), so won't be needing to order for another while. Hopefully when/if I decide to do so, they will have sorted out their systems!!

Thanks magic-eye, took me a long time to get an order in, then another while to get it, but I got sorted in the end

Point of interest-Got larger stuff in my second order-dog food, hamster cage etc and that was delivered within a week by courier. Shipping was still the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

josh59 wrote: »
    OK have just placed an order with them now - have ordered from them before without problems - will report back

Ordered as above on 5th Feb - checked my account on their website after the weekend -status of order changed to "Order Dispatched" with a date of 9th February.

Items arrived nicely packaged via An Post yesterday 16th.

Ordered in conjunction with two colleagues so saved money on the postage - prices are hard to beat - 15 Berroca for £3.87 (€9.99 in the chemists (and Tesco) here) - generic Zirtek - 26p yes that's right for a 30 day supply - (not going to try and spell the active ingredient lest one of those who have a vested interest in discouraging people from using on-line pharmacies tells me off again) :D

Well continue to order off them - suggest that peoples problems may be related to heavily discounted items and non medicine goods which might be end of line and short stocked by them - anyway that's my story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Got my order from them yesterday - lots of items to keep a family going for a year. Box was in bits, kept together with An Post stickers! 3 items (3 of same item) 'to follow' - dunno when I'll see them. One item not shipped and mysteriously disappeared from the order page without explanation!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,488 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

ok placed order on the 26th Jan first part of order dispatched on the 2nd of February, hadn't arrived on Friday of last week, tracking number didn't show up on the Royal Mail tracking system, but got a knock on the door on Saturday morning (14th Feb) from the post man with first part of delivery, the second part had been dispatched on the 12th and that arrived yesterday (16th) one item not supplied and that was a generic hay fever tablet. Have to say I will deal with them again, great savings to be had :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Tyrekicker

My delivery took 10 days, all correct when it eventually arrived.

Live help took about 5-10 mins for them to respond, - just keep the session open and it will pop up when they eventually respond.

I will use again, but entails palnning in advance for what you'll need.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Bump..

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I can see their point about changing an order after it has been completed, they would have to either cancel and re-submit to the warehouse, or contact the warehouse to amend it. Extra work = extra cost, particularly for bargain sites.

But how can you proceed to pay for a prescription drug if you haven't proven you have the prescription?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Dickerty wrote: »
    But how can you proceed to pay for a prescription drug if you haven't proven you have the prescription?
    Exactly..

It's been sorted now anyways.. see in original thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I bought €190 of stuff there recently and it all arrived in perfect condition within one week. I've never had any problem with them and have been using them for along time.
    If you set up a free account on the referal site www.bethrifty.ie you can save 6% if you go to chemistdirect.co.uk via bethrifty. I got €12 back on my last purchase with them.Every little bit makes a difference.

Yeh, I have gotten two lots of stuff, the first was a bit slow but apart from that it was ok! You get what you pay for I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Got my complete order eventually after a few emails, and an online chat. So decided to give them another try, ordered over a €100 worth of stuff the week before last, and it all arrived after 7 days. :D

I reckon problems occur when they are out of stock on things...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

am so sick of them I can't even be bothered to complain anymore. Such a shame as great prices. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭peustace

Has anyone noticed an improvement with the delivery of items over the last couple of weeks? I was gonna order back in Feb/March but got scarred away with all the bad reviews but am coming back around to the idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭ronano

2 questions

1. how do you prove you have a perscription?
    2. delivery times got better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭jc7

ordered 2 boxes of clarytyn & other bits from them few weeks ago. Had it delivered to work. No problems, nothing missing. Not sure on exact delivery time as I was away all that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,488 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Ordered about €60 worth of goods and placed order on Monday and they arrived the following Monday, nothing missing so I think delivery times have improved.
    I will be ordering from them again as there are great savings to be had.
    As on the prescription question you can't do that from the Republic, I'm sure its been answered in detail elsewhere in the thread if you search it.

Last order I had a few weeks ago I have to chase, but one email did the trick. It is worth it for the savings...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

If you are ordering large items then they use a courier, and it's very very quick.

For example, ordered a huge cat scratching post and some bits and bobs, and was sent by 48hr delivery courier. The cats are delighted :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Fergob

Yep I've started to use Chemist direct recently, have ordred three times, average order about €65. Takes about 10 days + to arrive, but that's fine by me as i'm saving a good few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

For anyone wondering they will ship perscriptions to Ireland. Emailed them and got this back:

"Dear Ciaran,

Thank you for your email,

Yes we can deliver your prescription to Ireland, And we can dispatch the whole of it, You will be charged £7.49. You will need to send your prescription first then when we receive it back here we will then dispatch the item. We will not dispatch without a valid prescription.
    "

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    For anyone wondering they will ship perscriptions to Ireland. Emailed them and got this back:

"Dear Ciaran,

Thank you for your email,

Yes we can deliver your prescription to Ireland, And we can dispatch the whole of it, You will be charged £7.49. You will need to send your prescription first then when we receive it back here we will then dispatch the item. We will not dispatch without a valid prescription.
    "

Unfortunately recieving medications in the post is illegal in Ireland even if they are issued by a legit pharmacy in response to a Doctors prescription. You risk a fine but most likely if you were a first time offender you would have your order seized and recieve no refund. You'd probably get a cranky letter from the Irish Medicines Board too. Chemist Direct send your order in an unmarked box so it's unlikely you'd get caught but it is a possibility.

Probably better not to engage in too much discussion about it here because it's not good for boards.ie (and quite frankly if you want the service to continue it's probably better that people using it do not draw too much attention to it!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

chilly wrote: »
    Unfortunately recieving medications in the post is illegal in Ireland even if they are issued by a legit pharmacy in response to a Doctors prescription. You risk a fine but most likely if you were a first time offender you would have your order seized and recieve no refund. You'd probably get a cranky letter from the Irish Medicines Board too. Chemist Direct send your order in an unmarked box so it's unlikely you'd get caught but it is a possibility.

Probably better not to engage in too much discussion about it here because it's not good for boards.ie (and quite frankly if you want the service to continue it's probably better that people using it do not draw too much attention to it!).
    Seems like an anticompetitive law. Are'nt we meant to have a single market in Europe for such things? Sounds like pharmacists have the market here sown up even though they themselves engage in parralel imports from EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

Seems like an anticompetitive law. Are'nt we meant to have a single market in Europe for such things? Sounds like pharmacists have the market here sown up even though they themselves engage in parralel imports from EU.

There are exceptions to EU law on the ground of public health, public policy and public security.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

chilly wrote: »

Oh FFS. My prescription is €40 cheaper a month and my dads is about €50 cheaper a month with one table going from €30 to about 70p :eek:

Is there anywhere in Ireland that stocks a large variation of generic drugs?

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Oh FFS. My prescription is €40 cheaper a month and my dads is about €50 cheaper a month with one table going from €30 to about 70p :eek:

Is there anywhere in Ireland that stocks a large variation of generic drugs?

Yup "FFS" summed up my sentiments on the matter too. :)

I think you could legally have your prescription from chemistdirect delivered to an address in the North & then pick it up yourself or have a friend bring it down to you. You could also try a chemist in NI and see if they also charge less than chemists here for your meds.They are legally allowed to fill prescriptions from across Europe now. You just have to pick the stuff up yourself. Annoying considering that alot of people in need of regular medication aren't able to travel long distances on a monthly basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

Got an email today, good savings on some of the items.
    Example below.

Cheers,
    Magic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

yep, can always pop across the border to grab your prescription if needs be.
    My dads meds cost €44 a month here, he was up in Enniskillen and got 4 months for less than £20. Amazing price difference.

Advertisement