Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

yeah i surf in donegal every summer but i suppose salt water wouldnt be that bad for them.
    oooh the front of the neck.ive never seen any like that did they hurt?

salt water is really good for them :)
    and soaking them with sea salt is good for them too, as am i doing right now, and most times im online :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Fad wrote: »
    I know someone who had to burn an ink rubbing on her hand off with a hair straightener, not fun.

AWH CHRIST. Fupping hell. Why?! Would she not get it professionally done somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Kersmash wrote: »
    AWH CHRIST. Fupping hell. Why?! Would she not get it professionally done somewhere?

She did it herself and her mum was all WTF is that on your hand, so she had to get rid of it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Rozabeez wrote: »
    At least it's more original than stars.

Welcome Rozabeez! Are you going to introduce yourself formally? :)

Fad wrote: »
    She did it herself and her mum was all WTF is that on your hand, so she had to get rid of it.

That's ridiculous! Ouch..

• Advertisement

That's ridiculous! Ouch..

To be fair, if she's stupid enough to do it herself she deserved it :p

Yeah, I can understand selfpiercing to a certain extent if it's being done properly, but self scarification?! Christ.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Yeah, I can understand selfpiercing to a certain extent if it's being done properly, but self scarification?! Christ.

Yup, I can imagine counsellors wouldn't be too impressed if that hobby became more popular.

If you have a high pain threshold and have a steady hand I dont see the problem, I luckily cant draw so am at no risk of harming myself for art :p

mate of mine did it herself, looks damned cool. not something i'd recommend though, too much risk of infection.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Interesting thread.

I pretty much only post in the body mod section of this site so it was a nice suprise to see a thread of my liking in a new section.

Anyway, I really disagree with anyone under 18 getting inked, you change too much as a person, and the transition from school to college really has a massive impact on your life and the things you do and are into. I have a couple of tattoos and lots of piercings that I love, but after hearing some of the shocking ones that some people class mates got in this thread I just hope tattoo removal come along leaps and bounds for them in the next ten years or so.

I I just hope tattoo removal come along leaps and bounds for them in the next ten years or so.

Well if Michael Schofield can get his tattoo removed in one sitting............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I think people are too harsh on tatoos here but I don't disagree with anyone who thinks they should put them on an easily coverable spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I'd love to get a tattoo but there's no way I could handle the pain - I have a pathetically low pain threshold. :o

I'm not scared of needles - injections, blood tests etc. are fine. But lots of little needles repeatedly stabbing me over a long period of time - no thank you. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Jebus H. Christ, I just looked up scarification. That looks horrible! Simply for the pain of it! My god...

squigloo, tbh, it doesnt feel like many stabs by tiny needles, more just like being scraped... albeit constantly, but for the most part, they're not too bad... though that can depend on where it's being done, and how up for it your body is.

also, good post there captain finger :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

God damn it! Out of curiosity I looked up Sacfication aswell - Silly me, that is extreme, rank!

Believe me, there alot worse things you could have looked up. Implants, bisections, subincisions, nullification, tounge splitting, amongst others, the list goes on. DO NOT LOOK UP ANY OF THOSE IF YOU ARE SQUEAMISH, MEGA-NSFW!

Edit: Hope I ain't breaking any rules by mentioning them...

...tounge splitting...

DO NOT LOOK UP ANY OF THOSE IF YOU ARE SQUEAMISH, MEGA-NSFW!

Edit: Hope I ain't breaking any rules by mentioning them...

I believe that practice is now illegal in most of the United States.

BME/Wikipedia tells me it's legal with a licensed medical practitioner, but you'll never get one to do it for you, thus its a mainly underground practice, and its completely banned in the military. Dunno if thats changed though, those pages could be old.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

An Fhile wrote: »
    Welcome Rozabeez! Are you going to introduce yourself formally? :)

Nope.

Wow, I looked up scarification after seeing fonpokno's post too, not quite something I'd be into.

An Fhile wrote: »
    I believe that practice is now illegal in most of the United States.

Tbh I dont think it was ever the most legal practice.
    fonpokno wrote: »
    Jebus H. Christ, I just looked up scarification. That looks horrible! Simply for the pain of it! My god...

What about cosmetic surgery the outrageous pain and length of recovery, its pretty much the same principal.

Just scarification is without any anesthetic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Oh cosmetic surgery is just as bad! My mother watches all those awful programmes that show you everything they do. It's all such... non-delicate stuff. I mean I wouldn't object to a boob job but only if there was some magical way of them not ripping me apart and ruining everything in the process.

And I looked up tongue splitting a while ago. There was some huge post by Will in S&S (i think) about all sorts of mad piercings and stuff. God I wish I'd never read that post. It makes my tongue feel sad.

How do they do scarification without anaesthetic?? That's horrible. Or is it all about the beautiful result from the pain or something mad like that?

Agghh *shudder* I'm goin back to bed to hide from the scary pain.

fonpokno wrote: »

And I looked up tongue splitting a while ago. There was some huge post by Will in S&S (i think) about all sorts of mad piercings and stuff. God I wish I'd never read that post. It makes my tongue feel sad.

How do they do scarification without anaesthetic?? That's horrible. Or is it all about the beautiful result from the pain or something mad like that?

Well to be fair most schlong piercings look excruciatingly painful, the one varient I cannot understand.

Well if its done with a scalpel thats ridiculously sharp I can really I imagine it being that bad. Like if you pick up a razor blade up the wrong way itll go straight through the skin of your finger, and that doesnt really hurt that much, (well at the time anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Have an idea for a sleeve in mind at the moment, currently having a few ideas thrown onto paper so I'm looking forward to seeing the result of that. Got a tongue piercing nearly two years ago now, but thats as far as I'm gonna go.

I don't mind tattoo on people when they actually look good, can't stand Tribal designs at all and I'm not mad on the chinese/asian oriental stuff that seems to be knocking about a lot in sleeve form.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I used to want a lot more piercings than I have, but I went off the idea seeing how much the ones I have catch in things or hit on them, car doors and clothes, long grass and bushes when hunting, and all sorts. I still like the idea, and I like modification in general, but, especially considering I plan on having a military life, I'll be sticking with tattoos. Have plans for some on legs and torso, including a pretty elaborate and interesting calf piece, but I'm in no hurry.

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Nope.

Lies! :p

OT, a friend's flat-mate got an amazing design on his leg recently, it's a proper work of art. It seems slightly more worthwhile than a piece of oriental writing or other such cliché, admittedly, but the cost and pain involved were still quite off-putting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I got into piercing when I was 17, gradually got more and more into it as time went by. When I was 21 I got my first and thus far only tattoo.

I see crumble and lady finger have already posted here but if anyone has any questions don't be afraid to post in the body mod forum or drop me or the others a PM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Will wrote: »
    I got into piercing when I was 17, gradually got more and more into it as time went by. When I was 21 I got my first and thus far only tattoo.

I see crumble and lady finger have already posted here but if anyone has any questions don't be afraid to post in the body mod forum or drop me or the others a PM

Dude-Merry Christmas....

I could have sworn you had more than one tattoo?

We know you are the piercing king though :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

merry chrimbo to you too :)

dinner time finally!

Advertisement