Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

they annoy me!
    dont enjoy thinking that deeply.i like answers

Well his answer is pretty blunt "God is Dead" but thats a quote out of context, but he said it, that kinda way. Marylin Manson had a pile of Nietzsche is dead tees printed, something I quite enjoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Fad wrote: »
    Well his answer is pretty blunt "God is Dead" but thats a quote out of context, but he said it, that kinda way. Marylin Manson had a pile of Nietzsche is dead tees printed, something I quite enjoyed.

aye.id say youll get loads of questions over it when you have it done

aye.id say youll get loads of questions over it when you have it done

To be fair, the people who know me well will get it, the others I shant entertain :)

I'd be pretty content to answer them to be honest, there a few set people i WILL NOT discuss beliefs with, that being some relatives, complete strangers and priests, just the way it goes.

To be fair, the people who know me well will get it, the others I shant entertain :)

I'd be pretty content to answer them to be honest, there a few set people i WILL NOT discuss beliefs with, that being some relatives, complete strangers and priests, just the way it goes.

aye dont think priests would take too kindly to it.
    if i had somethinglike that done id say my mam would be tempted to send me to a convent.:rolleyes:

if i had somethinglike that done id say my mam would be tempted to send me to a convent.:rolleyes:

I'd say priests deal with the loss of faith fairly regularly, I just dont want to deal with it.

tbh my mum is pretty aware, like her telling me to pray about some bollócks or go to mass I tell her to feck off (Essentially :p)

My grannies on the other hand, why earlier today she called Stephen Hawkings the antichrist, no too sure of the context of that statement, but she's a bit odd. My other granny, well she "Worries" about me, and didnt like me when I had shoulder length hair :D

• Advertisement

I'd say priests deal with the loss of faith fairly regularly, I just dont want to deal with it.

tbh my mum is pretty aware, like her telling me to pray about some bollócks or go to mass I tell her to feck off (Essentially :p)

My grannies on the other hand, why earlier today she called Stephen Hawkings the antichrist, no too sure of the context of that statement, but she's a bit odd. My other granny, well she "Worries" about me, and didnt like me when I had shoulder length hair :D

probably.my mam thinks itll come back though.says it goes in cycles
    ah my nana is a bit old lady judgy ish but thankfully she likes me..i think.
    wouldnt take kindly to any tattoos or piercings tho

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

One girl in my class in 5th year (i think) got this celtic swirly type thing from her hips continuing down and inwards right down underneath to...herself. :o

I don't know how anyone could possibly get that done. Imagine somebody coming at your gee with a giant ink-filled needle? *shudder*

I like tattoos though. My sister has a gorgeous that she designed herself - it's a butterfly with a treble and bass clef on the wings and a sharp and a flat on the ends of the antennae. It's deadly. Wouldn't have the nerve to get one myself mind you...

fonpokno wrote: »
    One girl in my class in 5th year (i think) got this celtic swirly type thing from her hips continuing down and inwards right down underneath to...herself. :o

I don't know how anyone could possibly get that done. Imagine somebody coming at your gee with a giant ink-filled needle? *shudder*

id say thatd be a tad embaressing but not as bad as getting pierced down there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

id get a piercing before id get a tatoo just because i can take them out.
    want to get my nape and belly button done.and ive wanted them for years so i know it isnt just a phase.

just be warned, nape piercing, like most surface piercings, requires months, if not years of love, care, and getting pissed off. i've had mine a couple of years now, and it's still crusty, and still gets caught in my hair when it's tied up, and still has to be salt soaked. no swimming pools, no spontaneous swimming in rivers/lakes, no exposing it to the sun, blah blah...

you'd be surprised, i used to work for a priest, and we'd some really really enlightening conversations and lots of discussions about that stuff. don't judge books by the covers! :P (oh yeah, and im an atheist).
    id say thatd be a tad embaressing but not as bad as getting pierced down there

i duno... quick in and out... or a few hours down there...

ink would look cooler, but piercing woudl be a more pleasant experience.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Wow, this forum rules. There's people talking about Nietzsche! You guys have no idea how proud I am right now :p

I would be disowned if I ever got a tatoo. I've never seen the appeal in them really, especially the way my mood about things can change drastically over time. As for piercings, I would consider getting something done, but I don't know what!

My younger brother (he's 19 now) got his left nipple pierced a few years ago. He successfully hid it from our parents for a year and a half!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Body modification of any kind never really interested me at all.

I mean, I think some things other people have done look great (although many look utterly ridiculous), but not for me, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

fonpokno wrote: »
    Imagine somebody coming at your gee with a giant ink-filled needle? *shudder*

LOL :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

When I was 14/15 I had this big long list of various piercings I wanted to get. Thank God I'd have to wait until I'm 18 as I want none of them now, whereas before I had my heart set on all manner of metal sticking out of me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

I got my ear pierced twice when I was about 15-16,its silly now when I think of it,but screw it,whats done is done.

I wanna get a few tattoo's though....not a million crappy lil ones,but just 2-3 that are really well done and are meaningful.

On a tangent one of my friends did get his nipple pierced on holiday,just for a laugh.What a dumbass,hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

donmeister wrote: »
    I got my ear pierced twice when I was about 15-16,its silly now when I think of it,but screw it,whats done is done.

May I ask what you think is silly about ear piercings? Just curious is all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Kersmash wrote: »
    May I ask what you think is silly about ear piercings? Just curious is all :)

No,what I meant is that I got it done,just to be 'cool',how wrong I was....lol piercings are good though...except the eyebrow,ugh

Ah cool. Not a huge fan of eyebrow piercings. Anti-Eyebrows are unreal though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I really don't like the idea of body modification. I simply can't see why anybody would do it. Not one reason that I could properly understand, it's just weird.

Also the sight of piercings makes me feel sick, especially the more odd ones. :(

just be warned, nape piercing, like most surface piercings, requires months, if not years of love, care, and getting pissed off. i've had mine a couple of years now, and it's still crusty, and still gets caught in my hair when it's tied up, and still has to be salt soaked. no swimming pools, no spontaneous swimming in rivers/lakes, no exposing it to the sun, blah blah...

eep really?
    i love swiming during the summer...damnit!

• Advertisement

Davidius wrote: »
    I really don't like the idea of body modification. I simply can't see why anybody would do it. Not one reason that I could properly understand, it's just weird.
    Also the sight of piercings makes me feel sick, especially the more odd ones. :(

Well for most people it's for the aesthetic value, a sense of indiviluality or that that modification symbolises something dear to them. It's not everybodies cup of tea and thats fair enough! :) Why do piercings make you sick though?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Davidius wrote: »

remind me to avoid you if we ever meet in person...
    eep really?
    i love swiming during the summer...damnit!

haha, i surf, but the water in christchurch is cleaner than anywhere the east coast of ireland. keeps them pretty clean, but man, do they take effort. i've one on my nape, and two on the front of my neck (which probably ownt last, but they were a fun experiment while they lasted).

haha, i surf, but the water in christchurch is cleaner than anywhere the east coast of ireland. keeps them pretty clean, but man, do they take effort. i've one on my nape, and two on the front of my neck (which probably ownt last, but they were a fun experiment while they lasted).

yeah i surf in donegal every summer but i suppose salt water wouldnt be that bad for them.
    oooh the front of the neck.ive never seen any like that did they hurt?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Why do piercings make you sick though?
    No idea. I just can't look at them without feeling at least a tiny bit nauseous. :o

If you ever see a link to a site called bme, be sure not to click so sir :)

If you ever see a link to a site called bme, be sure not to click so sir :)

Skin removal ones URGH

The do look purty when theyre fresh, id say theyre hideous once healed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Piste wrote: »
    When I was 14/15 I had this big long list of various piercings I wanted to get. Thank God I'd have to wait until I'm 18 as I want none of them now, whereas before I had my heart set on all manner of metal sticking out of me!

Same! Now all I have is my ear lobes pierced, and I'm very glad I did nothing else! I'd look so weird with metal bits and bobs everywhere!

Skin removal ones URGH

The do look purty when theyre fresh, id say theyre hideous once healed.

I'd agree, I think scarification looks beautiful when fresh, but alot of the time it doesn't look great healed. That said I have seen some really nice ones. It also heavily depends on the type of scarification I reckon, and if you use ash/ink rubbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

TY, 16 year old scumbag (no other way to describe him) got the skeleton (exactly as it is in the body) onto his back, including spine, shoulderblates, the works, just like looking at an x-ray.

Fúcking muppet of the highest order.

At least it's more original than stars.

• Advertisement

I'd agree, I think scarification looks beautiful when fresh, but alot of the time it doesn't look great healed. That said I have seen some really nice ones. It also heavily depends on the type of scarification I reckon, and if you use ash/ink rubbing.

I know someone who had to burn an ink rubbing on her hand off with a hair straightener, not fun.

If its just an outline and done really really precisely it cant look alright long term but I doubt it happens all that often.

Advertisement