Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

.22 Lover wrote: »
    I want to get the Try colour flag on my shoulder. good idea?
    I'd say no;because you too young and it's widely considered to be a IRA signature,if you're okay with it go for it,it's your skin,but I' hate for you to get some really unexpected stigma from it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I'd say no;because you too young and it's widely considered to be a IRA signature,if you're okay with it go for it,it's your skin,but I' hate for you to get some really unexpected stigma from it

And aswell if he gets he will probably end up getting it covered up when he is older

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

unknown13 wrote: »
    And aswell if he gets he will probably end up getting it covered up when he is older

With a bigger one.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

Just by the way i look i get alot of crap from people but they genrally avoid me.So is it a bad thing to want to have your national identy permently painted on yourself?I would hope not.

.22 Lover wrote: »
    So is it a bad thing to want to have your national identy permently painted on yourself?I would hope not.

Not really but getting a tattoo at the age of 16 is worse. It will be poorly done by a non reputable artist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

TY, 16 year old scumbag (no other way to describe him) got the skeleton (exactly as it is in the body) onto his back, including spine, shoulderblates, the works, just like looking at an x-ray.

Fúcking muppet of the highest order.

As stupid as that sounds, I kinda wanna see that tattoo :D

Edit : Quick google search threw these up, pretty cool IMO, I'd never get, but still they're pretty cool.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Got a heart, star, and quaver on my wrist. Had been drawing it on my wrist for two years before I bit the bullet and got it done so I knew I did really want it and I wouldn't regret it! I love it and it means so much to me.

Got 2 lobe piercings in each ear, two in my left snug and one in my right cartilage as well! I want more piercings tho! Tattoos and piercing are my only real acts of rebellion! I'm such a good girl! :D

I have the tattoo covered up with bracelets most of the time tho when at home due to the fact that i would be skinned alive if my dad ever saw it! He didn't talk to me for two weeks when he found out about my snug (3 months after i got it done)! Manged 9 months safe so far! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Got a heart, star, and quaver on my wrist. Had been drawing it on my wrist for two years before I bit the bullet and got it done so I knew I did really want it and I wouldn't regret it! I love it and it means so much to me.

Got 2 lobe piercings in each ear, two in my left snug and one in my right cartilage as well! I want more piercings tho! Tattoos and piercing are my only real acts of rebellion! I'm such a good girl! :D

I have the tattoo covered up with bracelets most of the time tho when at home due to the fact that i would be skinned alive if my dad ever saw it! He didn't talk to me for two weeks when he found out about my snug (3 months after i got it done)! Manged 9 months safe so far! :)

Would you ever forget to cover the tattoo when around your dad or is it always in the back of your mind? , I'm hopefully getting my first tattoo soon, I will be getting a Polynesian tattoo around my elbow and going up and down my arm too, I guess I'm lucky my parents don't mind me getting a tattoo.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Would you ever forget to cover the tattoo when around your dad or is it always in the back of your mind? , I'm hopefully getting my first tattoo soon, I will be getting a Polynesian tattoo around my elbow and going up and down my arm too, I guess I'm lucky my parents don't mind me getting a tattoo.

Well I havent yet, but its something I'm worried of doing! It tends to be on the back of my mind and I generally have the bracelets on 24/7 anyway just in case!

Leeg17 wrote: »
    As stupid as that sounds, I kinda wanna see that tattoo :D

Edit : Quick google search threw these up, pretty cool IMO, I'd never get, but still they're pretty cool.

The guy with the back done is an idiot. Why would you get such a stupid piece done on your back. Get some thing that looks decent done on your back. The funny thing is that, that will never be able to be covered up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

unknown13 wrote: »
    The guy with the back done is an idiot. Why would you get such a stupid piece done on your back. Get some thing that looks decent done on your back. The funny thing is that, that will never be able to be covered up.

I think it's cool

(which means it is. of course)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭storm2811

Done wrong;
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZH9Yom9dF5vBRmCEWGB0wG-9GsxSSztABc4-1DyWgiqxFo0k&t=1&usg=__CM8eyy14rwCHSlC25Wf_mkW_Qxc=

That was done without her knowing, she didn't choose it.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

i have a big treble clef on the back of my left shoulder. one of the best decisions i ever made cause, although it sounds cheesey, music is my life and this really represents pretty much everything that is me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

kev_s88 wrote: »
    i have a big treble clef on the back of my left shoulder. one of the best decisions i ever made cause, although it sounds cheesey, music is my life and this really represents pretty much everything that is me! :D

they are actually very common - I have seen them a lot. I don't mean that in an insulting way, I'm just saying! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

haha i know a few people who have got them. i just specifically like mine cause its not quite one full line, its like 3 lines and theres parts where the clef dusnt overlap so it looks pretty cool :D

kinda scummy pic, but meh lol

31122009008-1.jpg?t=1280705459

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

A lad i know has hands wrapped up on rosary beads tattoo'd on his arm - which is kinda stupid because he clearly does not believe in God - At oxegen we went into Naas and there was a preacher guy there and the lad i know shouted a serious about of abuse at him for talking "****e"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

A lad i know has hands wrapped up on rosary beads tattoo'd on his arm - which is kinda stupid because he clearly does not believe in God - At oxegen we went into Naas and there was a preacher guy there and the lad i know shouted a serious about of abuse at him for talking "****e"

I know plenty of people with this kinda thing, couldn't tell ya the last time any of em went to mass!!

I know a girl who got stars on her back because it's one of the latest 'trends'.

I wanna get 'Sine Metu' inside the arch of my foot. It's latin for without fear. Can't really get any where they can be seen coz of teaching which kinda sucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Hate tattoos. Fair enough it's your body and you can get one if you like, but they're not for me at all, at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

i shouted at him too, but that was only to encourage the fe*ker :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

All of this talk of preachers reminded me of this

Think there's no* such thing as a stupid tattoo, if you like it, **** everyone else. However, I do think it's stupid to get a tattoo purely because it's the current trend a la nautical star

*Ok this is dumb/epic at the same time

wolverine_mylittlepony_tattoo.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Here are some of my tattoos:

22458_252429259827_234613914827_315.jpg

Image0008.jpg

25092009102.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

They were Jeohavah Witnesses!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

My cousin wanted one and my uncle came up with a great idea.

He said he would sign the consent form (she is 15) when she had saved enough money to have it removed if it went wrong.

On the teenagers thing, a guy in my year got a tattoo on my upper arm of a heart with a sword through it with a dragon coiling around it and "Mum & Dad" on the heart (he was an orphan) in second year. He has since dropped out. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I detest tattoos, I know a few morons who've got them and they just look a mess.

Like my mom once told my cousin, 'if you want to express yourself, experiment with your hair, at least it will grow back'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

I love tattoos and I cant wait to get one but it'll years before I do I'd say I wanna be 100% totally sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Sleeve tattoos can be pretty hot on girls sometimes if they pull them off right. In general I hate them though, especially the ones with absolutely 0 meaning attached-stars, love hearts etc. Grannys and stuff, fine, at least theres personal significance, but I have 3 friends having this tatooing and piercing war, where they keep trying to outdo eachother. There is nothing left of one of the girls that isn't pierced:eek:

Myself, I would never get one. Not even if you paid me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I want to get a small tattoo on the instep of my foot. It'll be one of personal significance...and unless I'm flaunting the soles of my feet at people, it'll be hidden. I've wanted it done for a few years now, but I didn't want to rush into it and said I'd wait a bit.

I may get it done soon though. Even if I end up hating it, I won't be able to see it unless I try realllllly hard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭storm2811

bythewoods wrote: »
    I want to get a small tattoo on the instep of my foot. It'll be one of personal significance...and unless I'm flaunting the soles of my feet at people, it'll be hidden. I've wanted it done for a few years now, but I didn't want to rush into it and said I'd wait a bit.

I may get it done soon though. Even if I end up hating it, I won't be able to see it unless I try realllllly hard!

Ohh that would feel so weird!

I want to get one someday myself,of course I had a few stupid ideas in the past,but then talking to my brother about his tattoos he said he had his idea in mind and was perfecting it for years before he got his first tatt.
    So yeah,gonna think about it for ages before I get one,no one wants something they'll regret for the rest of their lives!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I do want a tattoo but my extreme needle phobia might just prevent that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

I love tattoos. There are some dire ones out there but it's really a personal thing. I don't really think they have to have a personal meaning though, there is nothing wrong with putting something on your body just because you absolutely love it.

I have an idea for a tattoo, it's a quote from a poem I really like but it's quite long so could look wierd. It's also French and though I know what it means I don't speak any French and wouldn't even be able to pronounce it if someone asked me.

Advertisement