Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

kerry37 wrote: »
    It's 10.30am to 10pm Monday to Saturday

12.30pm to 10pm on Sundays.

Definitely not 10am (legally anyway)

I Forgot to add in the Sunday hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

It's 10.30am to 10pm Monday to Saturday

12.30pm to 10pm on Sundays.

Definitely not 10am (legally anyway)

Thought they said closing times..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Would anyone care to recommend a physio in Killarney who is good at dealing with running issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭dball

cant recommend Killarney but if you can get to Tralee or Dingle look up Maire Griffin,

maybe she can recommend someone

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kerry37

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Would anyone care to recommend a physio in Killarney who is good at dealing with running issues?

Sam Treharne. Can be found on Facebook. I played soccer with him and having him in the team was invaluable to us. Have no hesitation recommending him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Sikpupi

What's with the TLI road workers all over Woodlawn and Ballycasheen. Art they laying wires fir ESB or for Eir for efibre??

Could 1000gb Internet speeds be coming to town???

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Sikpupi

Anyone know where in town to get Heineken Zero lager on tap/ draught??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Kieran o shea a very good physio too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,366 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Eddie O'Grady is superb, genuinely thought I would have to give up soccer till he sorted me out. He is mainly based in Tralee but think he works from Killarney once a week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Is there a place with a pool table or darts board of something to pass a few hours drinking ??

K town had a pool table but it's gone since its done up I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

The holiday Inn had a pool table..Muckross Rd..
    What about the Sportsman and Corkerys in High Street for dartboard..
    Trying to think of hotels or bars for a pool table.. mind gone blank
    Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Sikpupi wrote: »
    Anyone know where in town to get Heineken Zero lager on tap/ draught??

I didn't know that they produced it on tap. I drink Baltika myself - it has .5%.

I doubt very much that you'll find it here in Killarney. The town is more geared to regular beer drinkers, but most bars will have it in bottle I imagine.

Is there a place with a pool table or darts board of something to pass a few hours drinking ??

K town had a pool table but it's gone since its done up I think

The cue club. They're on Facebook at Cue Club Killarney.

It's up the lane next to penneys, up a stairs to the right. They have pool, snooker and darts.

Afaik you have to be a "member" so just bring ID and fill out a form, it's free.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭scriba

Hi - I'm looking for recommendations for a good, reasonably-priced mechanic in the Killarney area. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

There's Noel O Sullivan down... Barry's lane?? I think is where he's located. Have heard good things, depends on what needs doing to your car also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Hello, down in Killarney for new years and just wondered if there is anything happening music wise for it?

INEC has nathan carter so will be giving that a miss!

zweton wrote: »
    Hello, down in Killarney for new years and just wondered if there is anything happening music wise for it?

INEC has nathan carter so will be giving that a miss!

Pretty much every place in town will have music. Whereever you're staying, just get a taxi or walk into town and see what takes your fancy.

Enjoy.

Fwiw, I absolutely hate Nathan Carter and all that kind of music but was bought tickets for the new years party a couple of years ago and it's an absolutely mighty night!! Not as messy as town and plenty space around the hotel.

Pretty much every place in town will have music. Whereever you're staying, just get a taxi or walk into town and see what takes your fancy.

Enjoy.

Fwiw, I absolutely hate Nathan Carter and all that kind of music but was bought tickets for the new years party a couple of years ago and it's an absolutely mighty night!! Not as messy as town and plenty space around the hotel.

super thanks, where would be best for live music pub wise?

super thanks, where would be best for live music pub wise?

On a normal night, the Failte have music from 7pm to closing with 3 different acts on. Scotts would have live music and is a nice spot. Loads of other places will have traditional Irish, Murphy's on college street, o connors on high Street. A popular spot is KTown and no doubt they'll have something.

It's pretty hard to recommend somewhere for NYE cos everywhere will be absolutely wedged. That's why I suggested just taking a walk and finding a spot, that would be your best bet imo.

Thank you:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Is the water down in Ross castle and it's surrounding s ok to take a dip in?? Literally a dip, not swimming.

Is the water down in Ross castle and it's surrounding s ok to take a dip in?? Literally a dip, not swimming.

Yep. Used to do it all the time when I lived in town and never had an issue. Swallowed a bit of water the odd time too.

Theres a nice spot down past the castle towards the old mine entrance. It kind of opens out and you step down onto a kind of beach and then theres stones and rocks in the water and its not too deep unless you go out a bit. Theres also plenty of people passing so your stuff would be safe and someone would see you if you did get into difficulty

Definitely wear shoes or light sandals if you're swimming. I found that out the hard way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

If ya do just make sure to have a shower afterwards, algae isnt an issue at this time of year but I wouldnt be taking any chances.

Can you guys recommend anywhere for food ? I read in an earlier post about a mexican supposed to be good but in was 3 year old post, is it still good? If you know of any other give a shout :-) Preferably not chain restaurants.

Can you guys recommend anywhere for food ? I read in an earlier post about a mexican supposed to be good but in was 3 year old post, is it still good? If you know of any other give a shout :-) Preferably not chain restaurants.

How many people? What kinda group?

Casita Mexicana is the Mexican place. Run by a husband (chef) and wife (host/waitress) and is fantastic but a bit on the pricey side for what it is.

If you want something "fancy" but affordable I'd recommend either robertinos or treyvauds, both on high street.

For pub grub, murphys on college street or ktown.

Macs on main street or the international hotel bar does good food too.

Special mention for the malton, expensive but worth it imo. Have eaten there twice and it was absolutely a fantastic experience both times

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

There can be algae in the summer but grand now I'd say.

Wouldn't recommend swimming in there. The currents can be very strong. A young fella drowned there a few years ago.

How many people? What kinda group?

Casita Mexicana is the Mexican place. Run by a husband (chef) and wife (host/waitress) and is fantastic but a bit on the pricey side for what it is.

If you want something "fancy" but affordable I'd recommend either robertinos or treyvauds, both on high street.

For pub grub, murphys on college street or ktown.

Macs on main street or the international hotel bar does good food too.

Special mention for the malton, expensive but worth it imo. Have eaten there twice and it was absolutely a fantastic experience both times

thanks a million kerry37 some great options there, i will be sure to check them out. Its just myself and the missus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I've been to the bar in The Ross a few times recently and it's been lovely! Huge portions too. New restaurant upstairs in the Plaza called The Tan Yard. I guess it's just what was there before but rebranded. Heard it's nice though.

thanks a million kerry37 some great options there, i will be sure to check them out. Its just myself and the missus.

Robertinos or treyvauds is your man so imo.

One I forgot was an Asian place called Kao. Also on high street. Not for everyone but very good food

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Hi,
    Can anyone recommend a decent swimming pool in Killarney?

Advertisement