Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

If you mean DS motors or whatever its called there across from Whitebridge .... I used them a year ago for a quick coil change on my renault ... couldnt fault them or the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Sikpupi wrote: »
    Failed NCT today due to leaking front shock.

Where can I get a new set fitted in town. Any idea of cost of same???

We talking about a 2010 Superb Skoda

Skoda place in farranfore?

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

monkeynuz wrote: »
    Skoda place in farranfore?

Have been servicing with Tarrant's in Banteer and just don't fancy going all the way down there fir this job.

Does this job really need a main dealer ????? The white bridge location is ideal.

I will call in Monday and enquiry. Always thought they were a tyre centre

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭dobman88

Have been servicing with Tarrant's in Banteer and just don't fancy going all the way down there fir this job.

Does this job really need a main dealer ????? The white bridge location is ideal.

The tyre centre across from the Killarney sports and leisure centre. They do small mechanic jobs too. I got tyres off them one time and kept going back any time I needed a small job doing.

Job like that definitely doesn't need a main dealer. Would cost a lot more for a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

I would always use a main dealer for anything but that’s obviously just me :-d

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Radio5

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

marno21 wrote: »

A good employer paying some great rates ans shift premium. maybe this will focus tge minds on keeping jobs rather than striking.... can still see that picture of Mrs liebherr car being surrounded by strikers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Hi can anyone recommend a good gym or personal trainer in Killarney for a beginner?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Kevwoody wrote: »
    Hi can anyone recommend a good gym or personal trainer in Killarney for a beginner?

I use Coral up by MD O'Shea area. I'm not sure if they have personal trainers though. Most leisure centres do have them, you can call them first just in case.

• Advertisement

Hi guys. Can someone recommend a good, reliable second-hand car dealership around the Killarney-Tralee area?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

No such thing as reliable second hand cars my man. You either get blessed or cursed. There is a fella out past the Gleneagle, Mike Cronin motors. Operates out of his own house, small dealer but he does very good business. Bought my first car off him and know plenty of people who’ve bought from him too and say nothing but good things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Donnagh Hickeys in Rathmore. Bought a car off them once seem sound enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Folks where might I buy dog bday hats badges etc for their bday? Yes, for an actual dogs bday

Folks where might I buy dog bday hats badges etc for their bday? Yes, for an actual dogs bday

I've actually never heard of a dog's hat, but there is a Petmania store in Manor West Shopping centre ( near Mothercare, I think), and I imagine that they might be your best chance for them.

The vets out near the reeks roundabout, across from Lidl, have all that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bendy1911

Hi Kevwoody,
    I moved to Killarney over a year ago and joined Activate on Ballycasheen Road. It's the best decision I made. They do classes and personal training and it's a really friendly place.
    See you in there hopefully! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bendy1911

Matildas pet shop just off New Street have lots of accessories for pets and the staff were very friendly when I went in there recently.

Water from the mains at my place is very cloudy. Is anyone else having that problem?

Water from the mains at my place is very cloudy. Is anyone else having that problem?

Given what happened yesterday I'm surprised the water is back already.

Pipe burst up near Aldi/Tesco and part of the road caved in.

• Advertisement

dobbo, I didn't realise that. I was shopping up there this morning and saw the men there. There was a lot of dust etc on the road at the roundabout.

dobbo, I didn't realise that. I was shopping up there this morning and saw the men there. There was a lot of dust etc on the road at the roundabout.

Yeah saw a few friends sharing stuff on Facebook yesterday. Killarney today. Com had a piece about it too. Looked mad. Can't seem to post the pic here of what looks like a hole in the road but it's on their website

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

I am guessing that the ground is drying out and putting movement on pipes, earth shrinkage with heat and drought, pipe connections coming apart, water mains may be fairly near the surface in places

My water is off now. Irish Water website just saying that there would be some disruptions of service in Killarney town and parts of Kerry. No indication when supplies would be back on. Luckily I bought a 5 litre bottle - so I can have my cuppa tay now.
    Also very good news cheered me up - the boys in Thailand who were thought to be drowned have been found safe and alive. Well done to the rescue services.

Sorry, correction to the previous post. I misread the headline about the missing boys - they have been located but not rescued.
    The governor said that there are signs of life. So, please God they'll be all safe.

Does any pedestrian use the lights properly or wait for them to change before crossing the Ballyspillane/Spa Rd (beside Daly's going over to the units where South Doc/Credit Union). I have been on that road a lot recently and it just seems that people feel they don't have to wait, they just walk or run across that road no matter what the traffic situation is.. I've seen people with small children run across, people pushing buggies just walk out into the traffic, the usual few zombie walkers etc. So few of them seem to think their life is worth a couple of minutes wait until they get a green light....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Radio5 wrote: »
    Does any pedestrian use the lights properly or wait for them to change before crossing the Ballyspillane/Spa Rd (beside Daly's going over to the units where South Doc/Credit Union). I have been on that road a lot recently and it just seems that people feel they don't have to wait, they just walk or run across that road no matter what the traffic situation is.. I've seen people with small children run across, people pushing buggies just walk out into the traffic, the usual few zombie walkers etc. So few of them seem to think their life is worth a couple of minutes wait until they get a green light....
    What's worse is the people that press the button and then walk out in front of cars, only for the lights to turn red then for no useful purpose.

The traffic coming down there at most times of the day is chronic anyway. That exit onto the roundabout struggles with the amount of traffic coming out the exit from Dalys, let alone coming down the hill from Spa/Ballyspillane

marno21 wrote: »
    What's worse is the people that press the button and then walk out in front of cars, only for the lights to turn red then for no useful purpose.

The traffic coming down there at most times of the day is chronic anyway. That exit onto the roundabout struggles with the amount of traffic coming out the exit from Dalys, let alone coming down the hill from Spa/Ballyspillane

That roundabout cannot cope with the level of traffic I agree. It needs a redesign and maybe some of the entrances/exits to Daly's need to be closed off and a one way system implemented to get in and out of there. Daly's may might be able to improve access if they succeed in buying the house and land between them and the Heights.

It's just the disregard that people seem to have for their own safety and that of their children that amazes me.

Radio5 wrote: »
    That roundabout cannot cope with the level of traffic I agree. It needs a redesign and maybe some of the entrances/exits to Daly's need to be closed off and a one way system implemented to get in and out of there. Daly's may might be able to improve access if they succeed in buying the house and land between them and the Heights.

It's just the disregard that people seem to have for their own safety and that of their children that amazes me.

Hopefully the Killarney bypass gets moving because it's the only long term solution to this. All traffic from the real capital of Ireland heading to Killarney, Tralee, Killorglin, Dingle and west Kerry has to pass through that roundabout, when it has no business there and is just adding to Killarney traffic which is going to be heavy anyway given how popular Killarney is as a destination.

I hadn't realised that Daly's are trying to buy that house but I see there's a for sale sign on it today - is it on the market long?

• Advertisement

Yes but the bypass must come but even in the short term some improvement had to be made. It is ridiculous, as you say, that all traffic has to be funnelled into that one roundabout and Friday evening traffic can regularly be backed up beyond Lissivigeen school.

The house has been for sale for a good few weeks now. I think the tenders had to be in by last week. I heard there was some interest in it from a number of hotels.

Advertisement