Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

dobman88 wrote: »
    Think that one will be still open but they've closed the Tralee shop?

Tralee store still open thankfully!

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

dobman88 wrote: »
    No. Down at the back of the innisfallen mall, near the K Town pub and across from the tourist office

New owner seems bent on clearing any tennants, will be interesting to see what happens in there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭Radio5

newman10 wrote: »
    New owner seems bent on clearing any tennants, will be interesting to see what happens in there

Do we know who the new owners are?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Not sure why they'd want to clear any current tenants? That mall is half empty alot of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

madcabbage wrote: »
    Not sure why they'd want to clear any current tenants? That mall is half empty alot of the time

I heard they were going knocking the mall and rebuilding some kind of pub/hotel/restaurant complex there. Someone mentioned who bought it (tis a local iirc) but it went in one ear and out the other.

In my defence, this was a conversation with a couple of topics in the pub and I was only half-listening as I was more involved in the topic on the other side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

tailback from roadworks in farranfore was insane today around 6pm.

surriingly wayyyy worse in the direction going to tralee.

must have been 30-40mins delay

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Masala

Anyone know if the tomies walk / O'Sullivans Cascade walk is open to the public yet... or is the farmer still stopping walkers accessing same thru his farm.

Did an alternative route ever get started

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Radio5 wrote: »
    Do we know who the new owners are?

Sean Murphy, Killarney Waste Management and Tadgh Gallivan, the estate agent appear to be the new owners.

There doesn't appear to be anything 100% concrete on the plans but a bar and restaurant with possibly some accommodation appears to be the talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

tailback from roadworks in farranfore was insane today around 6pm.

Where exactly are the roadworks located?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭dobman88

JonathonS wrote: »
    Where exactly are the roadworks located?

Bang in the middle of the village, set of lights at centra, on the firies road, the Tralee side of the level crossing and on the airport road.

The actual works are being done on a stretch where the pharmacy and bus stop is.

• Advertisement

Is it now finished since Friday? I passed early that morning and it looked like all that was needed was the road markings and small jobs on the sides

More traffic joy. The Council are cutting trees on the Tralee Road just after the Aghadoe junction on Tuesday and Wednesday this week. Traffic management will be in place.

And then the Farranfore-Castleisland Road closure begins on Thursday.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

More traffic joy. The Council are cutting trees on the Tralee Road just after the Aghadoe junction on Tuesday and Wednesday this week. Traffic management will be in place.

And then the Farranfore-Castleisland Road closure begins on Thursday.....

Could some of that work have been done in Jan and Feb, when roads were not busier and tourism causing more traffic

Someone backed into my car. Small damage.

Any recommendations for a crash repair place ?

Preferably two to compare prices

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

John Fleming in Lissyviggeen. Did a job for me about a year ago. Top quality work and a fair price.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

Preferably two to compare prices

John o Connor just beyond darby o gills/torc hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Hi guys. Does anyone know what a 2 bed modern apartment is renting for short-term?

I have some friends coming to visit with 2 young children for a week, and would like to give them an idea of the cost.

Thanks

Hi guys. Does anyone know what a 2 bed modern apartment is renting for short-term?

I have some friends coming to visit with 2 young children for a week, and would like to give them an idea of the cost.

Thanks

Contact Rookery Mews apartments, they're located beside Ballycasheen school. We stayed there a few years ago while getting work done on the house and I actually ended up renting a house off the owners in a different part of town, lovely people and great to deal with, nothing was an issue.

But to specifically answer your question, no I don't know the going rate

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 172 ✭✭Jimmy Dags

Thanks

Bag of sand minimum.

Any place take used ink cartridges? They are small ones, just from a home desktop printer not an office /commercial one.

• Advertisement

Any place take used ink cartridges? They are small ones, just from a home desktop printer not an office /commercial one.

Place down the lane at market cross if he's still there will take them. Been ages since I was there but would think he's still open

is there any standout lunch places?

Everywhere seems like a 7/10 if i'm looking for food around 1 or 2pm.

Any couple suggestions for me?

I'd say Cafe Du Park wouldnt be a bad auld shout. Heard the food is meant to be pretty good there. Always busy when I'm passing there anyways

interesting shout. think ill give it a go alright

madcabbage wrote: »
    I'd say Cafe Du Park wouldnt be a bad auld shout. Heard the food is meant to be pretty good there. Always busy when I'm passing there anyways

Where's that?

What was the front end of the Plaza Bar there on the two crossings

other people agree that there are so many options in town, but the vast majority are all good without being amazing? or a must do?

other people agree that there are so many options in town, but the vast majority are all good without being amazing? or a must do?

Agree with the first bit. You'd never be bored hail rain or shine. But nothing outrageous that you'd hate to miss.

Apart from bike fest, I'd be very upset if I missed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Failed NCT today due to leaking front shock.

Where can I get a new set fitted in town. Any idea of cost of same???

We talking about a 2010 Superb Skoda

• Advertisement

Sikpupi wrote: »
    Failed NCT today due to leaking front shock.

Where can I get a new set fitted in town. Any idea of cost of same???

We talking about a 2010 Superb Skoda

That garage in Whitebridge next to Bowlers are meant to be decent, price I wouldn’t have a clue. Ring Killarney motor factors and ask for parts price first if you’re worried about cost

Advertisement