Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Thanks for the replys guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Does anyone know of a bike shop in town that might rent bikes for the ring of kerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭dobman88

Does anyone know of a bike shop in town that might rent bikes for the ring of kerry?

O sullivans next to the dungeon bookshop. Ask for Derry, he should look after you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Or a place called the little bike shop just off the cork bypass probably would too

Or a place called the little bike shop just off the cork bypass probably would too

There is no Cork bypass. Not yet anyway.

That place is on Woodlawn road, just after the turn from Ballycasheen school on the left, if you're coming from the town side it'll be on the right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭Radio5

What used to be in that factory building on the right just after you leave Fossa heading out in Killorglin direction. It seems to have been empty for ages ...

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Has anyone used the new parking operator's website for the Train station?
    The park-by-text site was simple to understand and very easy to use, but the new operator's site seems very complicated. It appears that they want people to register with them before they can reserve a space, and I only use it on occasion.
    Any help would be grateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Radio5 wrote: »
    What used to be in that factory building on the right just after you leave Fossa heading out in Killorglin direction. It seems to have been empty for ages ...

Rosenbluth

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Father Rabulah Conundrum

Hiyas! Is there any list of charity shops in Killarney town? My mother is a fiend for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Hiyas! Is there any list of charity shops in Killarney town? My mother is a fiend for them.

I can name but 2 at the moment.. At Vincent De Paul shop by Tesco car park in town.. .. and Kasi.( Killarney Asylum Seekers) the corner of Beech Road..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Father Rabulah Conundrum

Halo Kitty wrote: »
    I can name but 2 at the moment.. At Vincent De Paul shop by Tesco car park in town.. .. and Kasi.( Killarney Asylum Seekers) the corner of Beech Road..

Thanks! She's written it into her little diary. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 49 johnroake

Hi all. 11 of us heading down this Saturday. Can someone tell me a goo sports pub to watch the United and city game in. And a few places to go afterwards. Cheers

johnroake wrote: »
    Hi all. 11 of us heading down this Saturday. Can someone tell me a goo sports pub to watch the United and city game in. And a few places to go afterwards. Cheers

Need more info on what you're looking for.

For loads of screens and a pool table go to the k town bar for the match.

Reidys bar is the most popular bar in town then for after.

Choice of late bars/ clubs depending on age

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

johnroake wrote: »

Your post has been moved into the Killarney thread. See thread for responses. Mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Where in Killarney ir Tralee would I get a Jersey framed ... looking for a professional job on it as it will be a present.

Any ideas of prices. ??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Sikpupi wrote: »
    Where in Killarney ir Tralee would I get a Jersey framed ... looking for a professional job on it as it will be a present.

Any ideas of prices. ??

Try thekillarneyframer.com

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Kerry has had some awfu tourist related deaths in recent years
    https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/two-tourists-die-in-a-freak-accident-in-kerry-36789517.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

Desperate news. There needs to be a significant review of the safety standards of jaunting cars on our roads.

Benildus wrote: »
    Desperate news. There needs to be a significant review of the safety standards of jaunting cars on our roads.

Agreed. Whilst walking in Mucross grounds a few years ago I witnessed a loaded cart being pulled by horse that was obviously in a strained condition. His tongue was hanging out and he certainly appeared to be struggling with the load and the hill.
    It caused me to call the SPCC to ask if there were any veterinarian checks done on the animals, in a regular routine manner, and was told that there were none done as they didn't have the necessary manpower.
    There seems to be no regulatory conditions at all on the operators of the jaunting cars.

Sorry, in my post of course I meant to write: SPCA. Apologies for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭Radio5

Any recommendations for a decent Saturday night drink in town, somewhere that isn't too mobbed, a night club/ loud music or too many TV screens... I have 4 friends (40somethings) coming down in a few weeks time...

Scotts bar early, tends to get mobbed and loud late. The Laune, always just locals in for a few, speakeasy the same, corkerys was always where I met my parents for a drink and a chat, don't know how it is now under new management. The Killarney Avenue hotel bar is nice

Hi guys. I forgot to put out my organic waste bin to be picked up, and am wondering does anybody know if I can bring it to the recycling plant in Coolcashlagh?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Hi guys. I forgot to put out my organic waste bin to be picked up, and am wondering does anybody know if I can bring it to the recycling plant in Coolcashlagh?

I don't think so - I would be up there a few times a year and have never seen any place for organic waste up there.

Maybe give them a ring?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Dry recycling only as far as I'm aware.

Where would pick up some face paints ??

Where would pick up some face paints ??

Is the art and craft place still open in the outlet centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

There's a book store half way down, next door to the coffee shop which sells that kinda of stuff. Was there last time I was thru the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

dobman88 wrote: »
    Is the art and craft place still open in the outlet centre?

Still there, Name is The Works

• Advertisement

newman10 wrote: »
    Still there, Name is The Works

He should get the face paint in there so

Advertisement