Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony BluRay Player with 6 free BluRay Discs and movie rental vouchers €249.99.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Anyone having issues registering their player? Site keeps timing out for me at home and in work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I had the same problem. I just kept at it and it eventually worked.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

The_Edge wrote: »
    Anyone having issues registering their player? Site keeps timing out for me at home and in work?

Me to on my home computer. Brought it into work and it was fine. Just forgot my serial number!

****e...maybe it's me inputing the wrong serial?
    I can get in now but on the last page, where it asks for name/password I keep getting "invalid response"
    I've tried loads of various usernames/passwords.

Must be me and my fat fingers. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

The_Edge wrote: »
    ****e...maybe it's me inputing the wrong serial?
    I can get in now but on the last page, where it asks for name/password I keep getting "invalid response"
    I've tried loads of various usernames/passwords.

Must be me and my fat fingers. :rolleyes:

My sister got one of these and is having the exact same problem. Gets the invalid thing all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Give it time, I couldn't get mine to register one day so left it and it worked first time around the next morning. Apparently there's problems with registering things with Sony going back months, there's lots of posts about it over on the thread for this player at AVForums.

I just looking forward to getting The Dark Knight now, missed it first time around at the cinema !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Jip wrote: »
    I just looking forward to getting The Dark Knight now, missed it first time around at the cinema !

I hope you mean that you're gonna buy TDK 'cause afaik, it's Batman Begins comes when you register.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Yes, already ordered online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

yap got my player yasterday reg for the disks frist time around :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

xbox36016 wrote: »
    yap got my player yasterday reg for the disks frist time around :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Brallient!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

Has anyone tired the on board DD HD sound decoding?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

center15 wrote: »
    Has anyone tired the on board DD HD sound decoding?
    Do you mean Dolby True HD and DTS Master?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭sudo911

There's no onboard HD DTS-Master decoding in this unit unfortunately (see review here).

My receiver doesnt do any of the HD audio, so have to downmix for the moment....

Anyone got the TruHD sound going? interested to know if there is much of a difference?

Sudo911.

I've got my S350 bitstreaming all HD audio to my Onkyo 605 amp. There's a marked improvement in audio quality between the HD stuff and "normal" DD/DTS.

Don't have the S350 decoding the audio, but I'd imagine it'd handle it superbly.

whare can i get good deals on bly ray films

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Invincible

xbox36016 wrote: »
    whare can i get good deals on bly ray films

See page 8 of this thread.

ok than

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 pzurdo

Apparently ASDA have this deal - Sony BDP350 plus discs - for £143. Anyone if their NI stores are carrying this offer?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Any one still having problems? Trying it at home again and again the same problems. Is it a problem with firefox or just a general sony problem?

kearnsr wrote: »
    Any one still having problems? Trying it at home again and again the same problems. Is it a problem with firefox or just a general sony problem?

No, same here mate.

I take it the serial is a 7 digit number on the back of the unit..... "No. *******

I even tried first registering on sony.ie and logging in that way.....arrgghhh!!!

• Advertisement

Ok, managed to do it....Jesus.
    I fired up a virtual machine running XP & IE7 and was able to register first time.
    I normally run Win2008 x64 & Firefox here. I did try IE7 & Google Chrome before using the VM route.

Maybe it's a x64 issue?

Anyway, it's done. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

kearnsr wrote: »

mmm knowing sonys track record they probably had a little looksie in your download/torrent folder first before deciding to jerk you about

finally got it to work in work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Wolff

Couple of questions on these players for the lads that already got them

1) When you prebook how long did you wait to pick up the player ? -
    2) How many blurays do you get when you buy and how many do you have
    to register for ?

I have been twice to ashbourne and the first time the guy said they were no longer taking preorders and to just come in on aa Thursday and the second time they took the preorder told me it would be two weeks and they would call me - which would be hard seeing as they didnt bother to take my no !

So as you can see Im still confused !

Cheers

Wolff wrote:
    1) When you prebook how long did you wait to pick up the player ? -

Booked last Thursday....picked up Monday. Had to pop back in for the DVDs but that was just to clueless staff. Can't blame them.
    Wolff wrote:
    2) How many blurays do you get when you buy and how many do you have
    to register for ?

Get 3 discs in a box and Iron man. Send off for Batman & Bond.

They didn't take you number?......do you already have an Xtra-vision acc with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Wolff

Thanks for that - they have the home phone no I suppose off the account
    The three in a box they give them to you there and then ? are they in the box or in their own box

Do they let you know its in by phone ?

Have to ask these questions as the staff are completely clueless !

Thanks again for that as you would not believe what they told me

Wallie, Mamma-Mia & Hancock come on one box. I got IronMan separate.
    They never rang me over the few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭seveb

passed by argos today and they have a bush blu ray player advertised in the window for 129.99 euro reduced from 499.99
    probably a piece of crap though, but cheap if you wanna get your foot on the blu ray ladder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

seveb wrote: »
    passed by argos today and they have a bush blu ray player advertised in the window for 129.99 euro reduced from 499.99
    probably a piece of crap though, but cheap if you wanna get your foot on the blu ray ladder.
    Cheers for that. All I want is a cheap HD solution so that might suit me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

130e!! For an actual 1080p BD player!!!:eek::eek:

That gotta be worth the risk. Now, if only i didnt already have a ps3...:)

Advertisement