Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony BluRay Player with 6 free BluRay Discs and movie rental vouchers €249.99.

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Cheers for that, i will see if i can smooth talk them. If not i will just probably put Mama Mia in the microwave and see what happens :D

I'll save you the trouble :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Macer123

kearnsr wrote: »
    I've mine hooked up to an external av system and it sounds great and that's with DD or DTS.

I have no idea what you mean by DD or DTS. Mine is connected directly to the TV with HDMI cable and I just fell like I'm doing something wrong which id effecting the sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,859 ✭✭✭Soarer

DD - Dolby Digital
    DTS - Digital Theatre Systems...I think.

Two different types of surround sound that you'll only get the benefit of if you have surround speakers.

As for why your sound is so low, I'm not sure. Dunno if there's a setting to adjust the audio type/volume..it's been a while since I checked the settings.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Soarer wrote: »
    DD - Dolby Digital
    DTS - Digital Theatre Systems...I think.

Two different types of surround sound that you'll only get the benefit of if you have surround speakers.

As for why your sound is so low, I'm not sure. Dunno if there's a setting to adjust the audio type/volume..it's been a while since I checked the settings.

Thats the one.

Every dvd player I've ever had usally had its sound controlled by the dvd player. Some you had to play about to make sure you didnt have it out putting bits of audio but if you can hear it then thats not the case

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Turns out the xtravision site is pure shíte and is so far out of date regards the bluray deal.

Well turns out the impulse buying kicked in and i ended up buying it in powercity, seems pretty sweet.

I noticed the sound thing some of you mentioned, its a little low on dvds but blurays seem grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Hondo75

There is an xtra vision beside me still doing this deal but with only four dvds,also harvey norman have Panasonic BD35eb going for 199 euro. Whats the better deal, any ideas what to go for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Keep out of Harvey Norman whatever you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭podge3

Have you tried Richersounds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Keep out of Harvey Norman whatever you do.

This peaked my interest, in my continuing raging debate on which is better for electronics, I can't decide between website or bricks and mortar.
    For ease of bringing it back, the shop is handy especially for items 200 EUR or above.
    Due to Currys inflated prices, it's been looking more and more likely that I might buy some goods in Harvey normans, pretty much my only other option.
    What is bad about them?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They are well known for their high prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

TVDX wrote: »
    This peaked my interest, in my continuing raging debate on which is better for electronics, I can't decide between website or bricks and mortar.
    For ease of bringing it back, the shop is handy especially for items 200 EUR or above.
    Due to Currys inflated prices, it's been looking more and more likely that I might buy some goods in Harvey normans, pretty much my only other option.
    What is bad about them?.

It's swings and roundabouts, you will almost always be able to get a better price on the Internet, even with delivery to Ireland, but if it goes tits up, as you say you are far better off with a good B&M store.

Very few here would agree that Harvey Norman's is a "good" B&M store :)

In this case, I'd prolly go with Richer Sounds to be honest; ring them up and you get a discount on shipping if you mention boards.ie. The Sony or Sammy are both good bets (although a new Sony is due shortly) and unlikely to blow up in the first year of use.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

In the last mail I got from Richersounds it was only £160 I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭dave_29

Advertised in the Mirror today, Sony/Samsung BluRay player for E200 in Argos.
    Will check again to see which one it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

According to the Argos website, the Sony is 220 and the Sammy 200. Bear in mind the Samsung has already been superceded by a newer model which should be available frrom Richer Sounds for less than that price, and a new Sony is coming.

Still, not too bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Tillerman08

The sony s350 is E206 in powercity www.powercity.ie when you pre-order it online- Cheapest I've seen....

Advertisement