Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony BluRay Player with 6 free BluRay Discs and movie rental vouchers €249.99.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

when i register i answer a 2 page survey and then it tells me "thanks for registering and completing our short survey"
    i thought someone said here that it should say that the discs will be sent out in 28 days also
    its this correct or did i imagine it or have i not registered correctly
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Picked one up for my dad yest... nice little player..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

dolittle wrote: »
    when i register i answer a 2 page survey and then it tells me "thanks for registering and completing our short survey"
    i thought someone said here that it should say that the discs will be sent out in 28 days also
    its this correct or did i imagine it or have i not registered correctly
    thanks
    It should say that the discs will be sent within 28 days.

Did you register using the supplied CD?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

yes i did use the disc
    but i gave customer care a call this morning and sorted it out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

beolight wrote: »
    yeah agreed i saw a guy in finglas with one in his trolley which he put back on shelf after i told him about xtravision deal. also told him it was £171 in sterling with 5 blurays

nice to be able to expose tesco jiggery pokery

Anyone know where its 171 sterling?
    Thanks
    M

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I got my 2 BluRays from Sony this morning, not bad, only 16 days, probably would have been a couple of days quicker if it wasn't for the weekend in the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

BluRay player in Xtravision is not included in the 15% off sale this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Jip wrote: »
    I got my 2 BluRays from Sony this morning, not bad, only 16 days, probably would have been a couple of days quicker if it wasn't for the weekend in the way.

Two months and counting for me!:mad:

I received my discs this morning from Sony.

mathie wrote: »
    Anyone know where its 171 sterling?
    Thanks
    M

Anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭elbow316

Is there still a shortage of these players around the country?
    I've been waiting almost 2 weeks for them to get another one in my local store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

elbow316 wrote: »
    Is there still a shortage of these players around the country?
    I've been waiting almost 2 weeks for them to get another one in my local store.

Waiting since November for mine!!
    Anytime I ring em, they say it'll be in tomorrow!!:mad:
    Hope its in before Christmas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

My local Xtravision says they're just taking pre-orders now but the units should be out later this week or early next.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

received my discs this morning

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

The_Edge wrote: »
    received my discs this morning

When did you sign up? I've a parcel waiting for me in the post office. This is the only thing I think it is

• Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

2nd Dec

I signed up on the 5th of December and the discs came today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Hopefully thats it so. I've a **** loads of Blu-rays to watch over christmas. Might bring it home with me and share the wealth

Blu-rays recieved! That was quick. Wasnt expecting it this side of Christmas

I don't mean to take this OT but would I be better off buying this or a PS3?
    Is the Bluray player in a PS3 as good as this one?
    Thanks
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

PS3 better option me thinks

etcetc wrote: »
    PS3 better option me thinks
    Maybe if you are into gaming.

Thanks guys.
    I'd be into gaming alright but would be interested to know if the spec of the PS3 Bluray player is as good as the spec of the Bluray player in this offer?

Got the player there today from xtra vision.
    Is there a way to register for the 2 free Blu Rays without opening the box?!! Like a link or something to register? Or is that possible without the S/N!!:confused:

Don't wana open it as its a present but I'd like to get the free discs in motion?!

You need the disk from the box and the serial number. So you have to open it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

Just got this deal in XtraVision in Douglas, Cork. They had one left on top of the per-orders so i picked it up. I got the 4 blurays in their retail boxes. Does anyone this the lack of DTS-HD MA onboard decoding is a problem? I see Mamma Mia is DTS-HD or DD 2.0 only. does this mean ill have to listen to the movie in DD 2.0? My amp has onboard decoding of the normal DTS, can that stream be got from DTS-HD?

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

slayerking wrote: »
    Got the player there today from xtra vision.
    Is there a way to register for the 2 free Blu Rays without opening the box?!! Like a link or something to register? Or is that possible without the S/N!!:confused:

Don't wana open it as its a present but I'd like to get the free discs in motion?!

Try HERE

sharkman wrote: »
    Try HERE

Cheers sharkman, Cant get it to work though!!:mad:
    Keeps saying invalid session, please close browser and start the app on the CD.
    Prob need the CD!!
    Cheers all the same.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Macer123

I've used the disk & entered my details, but when I go to create an account for "My Sony" I keep getting the error "invalid Request". Can anyone help please ?

• Advertisement

center15 wrote: »
    Just got this deal in XtraVision in Douglas, Cork. They had one left on top of the per-orders so i picked it up. I got the 4 blurays in their retail boxes. Does anyone this the lack of DTS-HD MA onboard decoding is a problem? I see Mamma Mia is DTS-HD or DD 2.0 only. does this mean ill have to listen to the movie in DD 2.0? My amp has onboard decoding of the normal DTS, can that stream be got from DTS-HD?

Unless you have a super fantastic set up with al the latest gear I doubt you'll notice the difference

Advertisement