Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony BluRay Player with 6 free BluRay Discs and movie rental vouchers €249.99.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

jenno86 wrote: »
    CORRECT! Checked it today and thats the model in stock.

Is it the 300 or 350?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

jenno86 wrote: »
    CORRECT! Checked it today and thats the model in stock.

Thats not much use to people trying to figure what which one it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

its a 350 according to my Dad's deposit receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭chalky024

I would be interested if it was the 350. Went to my local Xtravision to check it out and was told by the guy that it was the 'latest model'. When I asked him to confirm he said it was the model they use in the shop. Which is? Don't know was the reply. When I suggested the model no. might actually be on the player he checked and confirmed it was '1080P' Talk about lack of knowledge. Is there anyone out there who can confirm or who has actually got one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

What is going on here?

Are they selling them now or merely taking deposits for Friday?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

chalky024 wrote: »
    Talk about lack of knowledge.

to be fair they are a video shop mainly

had a another look on the xtra vision website. Its for sure the BDP-300 both image and name. The BDP-350 doesnt look like that at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

I asked the guy in my local and he got it off their computer that it's the BDPS350. My sister ordered one and it says the S350 on the receipt too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

kearnsr wrote: »
    had a another look on the xtra vision website. Its for sure the BDP-300 both image and name. The BDP-350 doesnt look like that at all
    The pic on the banner ad looks very much like the S350.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

For what it's worth ,this deal has a note that the player is available from november. Seems that it's a fairly new one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

If you check the properties of the player image on Xtra vision's site is says BDP-S300_HEADON.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Preordered this today, guy behind the counter said it was the S350, not the S300.
    Asked him did they have any in to show us and he said no but he pointed to the S300 behind the counter and said that its the newer model of that one, slimmer version!!

The receipt also says S350.

He also said that you get 4 Blurays with it and you have to get the other 2 online!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I just preordered it today also. The guy behind the counter has no idea when it is coming in. :eek:

Also S350 on the receipt.

Do you need to be a member to pre-order?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

The_Edge wrote: »
    Do you need to be a member to pre-order?

They will create a pre-order account for you. Basically just take your phone number and name.

I work in Xtravision so will confirm the model number tomorrow.

Cheers Tusky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭feckidyparp

I just called the shop in Ballyfermot and the person on the phone called out the model number to me. S300 according to her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I've just been to BLancahrdstown and asked and she told me the only model they have is the 350 and the desposit receipt has Sony BDPS350. There's a bit of confusion really as I was in another store yesterday and was told it's the 300 but I got the impression they guy didn't know what he was talking about.
    I have the Christmas gift guide infront of me and the unit in the pic is the S350.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

*sigh*

This is getting ridiculous. But I suspect it really is the 350 and some of the staff are just getting their info from the web site which is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

If anyone is interested I'll take the Hancock, Wall-E Blue Rays off them for 30 Euro ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mobpd

any definitive check on which model this offer is for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ssejoc

spoke to the girl in xtra vision on the greenhills road shop only today,
    as i said to her ,you might have been asked this question already, is the sony
    blue ray player the300 or 350 in your deal .her reply, yes it is the 350 in the november 28th deal the newer one ,thats part of the offer.The300 is the one for sale in the shop at moment if you buy before the28th.
    She had confirmed it because she had other people ask the same question. i am going to prebook mine tomorow, i like the idea of the extra 2 disks when you register your player with sony before 9th jan.
    fab offer 6 blueray disks.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

What's the difference between the 300 and the 350?

Not sure which one they had on display in my local Xtravision but it was massive.

silvine wrote: »

Not sure which one they had on display in my local Xtravision but it was massive.

thats one of the key differences between the two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

FYI - you get 4 discs free with the player, and then 2 more when you register online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ssejoc

silvine the 300 player has been around a while now and is the older version .the sony 350 player is the new version and gets great reviews
    in "what home cinema magazine" five stars*****.as with being the new
    version it is slimer and more compact and has an up to date spec.
    i just pre booked mine in xtravision thisevening.
    25euro deposit is all they needed and it is the sony bdps350 one printed
    on the receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

It works out to be €15 cheaper if you buy it up North. I'm not sure if you you will e able to use the 1/2 price vouchers here though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 pzurdo

Dave! wrote: »
    FYI - you get 4 discs free with the player, and then 2 more when you register online.

Anyone know if there are any similar rival offers out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭sudo911

Just put my deposit down tonight.... deffo a fantastic bargin - especially considering all are new releases.

Have to wait until the 1st to pick up though!

Now where's those codes again to make it region free........ :eek:

Sudo911.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 avenged7fold

Does anyone know when it will be available in the shop to pick up? When i put my deposit on it the guy in the shop was a bit vague & said the 1st week in december. But i get the impression from reading elsewhere that it could be available this friday. By the way, it is definetely the 350!!

Advertisement