Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archaeologist offer

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭knighted_1

i dont think he has the experience to go chasing under rules - you are putting him in against horses with bumper and hurdle form/experience - send him to a point to point where he will meet his own kind and gain valuble experience -the more times he goes to the track and injures or distresses himself ,you willend up messing wirh his head as when he arrives at the track in future he will only remember bad memorys

i see your trainer lost koh -any reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭rynners

Cantoris wrote: »
    Well at least you have a reason for it. At least he didn't burst which is what happens horses with a serious dose of the virus. I certainly wouldn't be rushing him back but sounds like you still have a horse to go to battle with. These horses would drive you mad.

when you say burst do you mean burst blood vessels? the horse came back to parade ring and swear to god the veins on him were huge. he came out of his last piece of work like this (hiscan and I went to see it) and he blew very hard. A lynch worked him that day and said that if he didn't give him the break of a minute to work in the other direction he wouldn't have made it up the hill second time around.. guess this was the virus showing itself as it was only a few days before race.

knighted_1 wrote: »
    i dont think he has the experience to go chasing under rules - you are putting him in against horses with bumper and hurdle form/experience - send him to a point to point where he will meet his own kind and gain valuble experience -the more times he goes to the track and injures or distresses himself ,you willend up messing wirh his head as when he arrives at the track in future he will only remember bad memorys

i see your trainer lost koh -any reason?

I understand your point but I think a beginners chase is the way to go, i've given so much patience and chances, excuses to this horse that he needs to show me something. He stands 17hh (should be bult for chasing) and has some chase experience to his name, so he should be able to show me something..

I heard a story about koh, i think it's probably a story with 2 sides to it as it seems a bit far fetched without a counter. I'm not prepared to go into it though as it's not my place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Cantoris

rynners wrote: »
    A lynch worked him that day and said that if he didn't give him the break of a minute to work in the other direction he wouldn't have made it up the hill second time around.. guess this was the virus showing itself as it was only a few days before race.

Colm's normally take 30 secs to a minutre after each "spin" to get their breath back. They do three spins a morning. So wouldn't have been too worried about the gap, the fact that he was going to struggle up the hill might have been an indicator that all was not well but that's what you pay your trainer and workrider for!!

Cantoris wrote: »
    Colm's normally take 30 secs to a minutre after each "spin" to get their breath back. They do three spins a morning. So wouldn't have been too worried about the gap, the fact that he was going to struggle up the hill might have been an indicator that all was not well but that's what you pay your trainer and workrider for!!

this was on a hard work day as well (as opposed to a normal work morning).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I really think you should have taken a look at running a couple of point to points for heading for the track. Even run him around twice with a decent jockey on board and get some good feedback on his ability. It gives you more information about the horse and it gives the horse some jumping experience. Chasing is a tough game, you can't just say a horse is built for chasing and expect him to do it (believe me I found out the hard way).

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    I really think you should have taken a look at running a couple of point to points for heading for the track. Even run him around twice with a decent jockey on board and get some good feedback on his ability. It gives you more information about the horse and it gives the horse some jumping experience. Chasing is a tough game, you can't just say a horse is built for chasing and expect him to do it (believe me I found out the hard way).

i dont think he qualifies for a p2p for another year. i made a mistake not running him in one, but that's done with now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

rynners wrote: »
    i dont think he qualifies for a p2p for another year. i made a mistake not running him in one, but that's done with now.

Ah ya, hindsight is 20/20. Wasn't trying to get at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

For some reason, the word 'archaeologist' came into my head this evening and I was reminded of a syndicate that was nearly formed here on this thread.

Ten years ago. Ten.

I wonder where rynners and poor archaeologist are now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Resurrection of zombie thread.

/Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement