Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archaeologist offer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭rynners

oh yeah, cheltenham, aintree.

Update: horse back to proper work this week. Gilligan likes the idea of giving him a spin over hurdles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

I like the idea of a spin over hurdles too. As I said to rynners I wouldnt have the knowledge to be giving much advice so thats why I havent been getting to involved in the thread but I just wanted to say hello to all and I look forward to meeting you all soon!

Rynners have you decided about payment yet? I still think an account we can all make transfers into is the best route. Ill be in new york now until Friday week so will have limited access to Boards. When you need the first payment just let me know anyway.

Eoghan

1st Payment will be at the first race.. assuming everyone turns up and assuming he'll run in december.

Dotsflan, meriweather, corban, myself, punchestown, carjim, AW, Aidenkk, Eoghan104 ,Jayroyal, Ian F and

HISCAN! (guess my plagueing paid off)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭00dyel

best of luck with this, i will be following the horse very closely, just a shame i dont have the cash to have joined

00dyel wrote: »
    best of luck with this, i will be following the horse very closely, just a shame i dont have the cash to have joined

pity, because you'd be welcome..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

rynners wrote: »
    Dotsflan, meriweather, corban, myself, punchestown, carjim, AW, Aidenkk, Eoghan104 ,Jayroyal, Ian F and

HISCAN! (guess my plagueing paid off)

:D:D:D:D:D
    looks like it did rynners,sure if anything it'll be a bit of craic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

I might not make the first race, but with the wonders of the internet, and modern finance, I shall instruct my financial intermediary to make said payments to said nominated account.

Over and out.

Edit: Anyone as excited as me?

YEP

• Advertisement

meriwether wrote: »
    I might not make the first race, but with the wonders of the internet, and modern finance, I shall instruct my financial intermediary to make said payments to said nominated account.

Over and out.

Edit: Anyone as excited as me?

not turn up for the first race? ouch....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭corban

i really cant wait.....

corban wrote: »
    i really cant wait.....

obviously not if you're up at 320am!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭corban

obviously not if you're up at 320am!;)

yeah was just back after a few beers.... and didnt have enough sense to go to bed..:D

a few beers out till 3am and you didn't score? wasted youth.

Update: Archaeologist will be entered, and if he gets in, to maiden hurdle races on the 12th in gowran park (3mile) and fairyhouse 2m4 on the 12th/13th december. Fairyhouse is the preferred option as it's a more galloping track and 3 miles in gowran would take some getting and don't want to kill him because it's likely he'll run twice in december.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Cantoris

Might see you there as our horse, Kimberlite King, is due to run at Fairyhouse.

IAN.F, I need your contact details today or the offer will cease. Check your messages on both boards and letsbet.

ALL syndicate members see my thread "Quadzilla for Archaeologist" please..

IAN.F, I need your contact details today or the offer will cease. Check your messages on both boards and letsbet.

ok IanF you're out. Not going to chase details for over a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Runs 12:40 in limerick tomorrow, best of luck lads.

Has Rynners disappeared off the face of the planet or do the rest of the Board members get any update? It appears that now he has filled his syndicate he is off. i know he got banned for a week but is he still around or would any other syndicate members like to comment?

Cantoris wrote: »
    Has Rynners disappeared off the face of the planet or do the rest of the Board members get any update? It appears that now he has filled his syndicate he is off. i know he got banned for a week but is he still around or would any other syndicate members like to comment?

No not disappeared off the face of the earth, just quite because a load of other stuff happening at the moment. It has nothing to do with filling the syndicate.
    Horse ran like a pig today, failed to even keep his position mid race, it couldn't have been more disappointing and you won't be seeing him again. Syndicate members were not charged any money as this was to be his trial to see if we all wanted to go on with him.

i think most people who followed my threads would realise that forming a syndicate was not the purpose I started posting on boards, nor that forming a syndicate would be a reason I would stop posting. You should know better Cantoris than "it appears he has filled his syndicate he is off".

Good to see you back Rynners. It's like reading a novel and finding that some young pup that had the book before you ripped out the last twenty pages. You always want to know what happened. Sounds like you are very disappointed with the run. You couldn't see much on ATR after the start of the back straight. but fair play to you for looking after the syndicate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭aya14

i think most people who followed my threads would realise that forming a syndicate was not the purpose I started posting on boards, nor that forming a syndicate would be a reason I would stop posting. You should know better Cantoris than "it appears he has filled his syndicate he is off".
    Was out there for the meeting. anything amiss with the horse? seemed to have a strange action. I did take my eye off him pretty early though as i was on the fav also.
    Good luck with this horse whatever may happen in the future:cool:

Cantoris wrote: »
    Good to see you back Rynners. It's like reading a novel and finding that some young pup that had the book before you ripped out the last twenty pages. You always want to know what happened. Sounds like you are very disappointed with the run. You couldn't see much on ATR after the start of the back straight. but fair play to you for looking after the syndicate.

Very downhearted about it. Yesterday I learnt a very valuable lesson, that when a horse gets injured you have not to expect so much from it's future runs. The general consensus from me, trainer, lads at stable is that when I bought he was probably decent, but injuries have already taken the best out of him. He never let himself down on the ground (protecting himself) and would be unlikely to do so in the future.
    He was always going to show his best over fences, but yesterday a maiden hurdle over a trip on what should be his ground he should have showed up better. It was the now infamous knee chip (see my 3 mile novice chase thread to break the code) that did all this to him we think.
    It's very disappointing though, because for the syndicate to fulfill it's ambition (which was to have half a chance in races so we'd turn up and have the craic) we needed the horse to have even a fairly low, but lively, level of ability. It's unlikely that a free horse will come along again, these animals have to be bought somewhere by somebody! Archaeologist will go to grass for the forseeable future, will see what happens then.

aya14 wrote: »
    Was out there for the meeting. anything amiss with the horse? seemed to have a strange action. I did take my eye off him pretty early though as i was on the fav also.
    Good luck with this horse whatever may happen in the future:cool:

there probably was something amiss with the horse, don't know yet. Too many chances at this stage though.

Here's an update:

Archaeologist ran in a 2m6 maiden hurdle in Limerick the other day. It was his first run over hurdles and it was a disaster. He started from the rear, made his way up to mid division by the 4th or so and just dropped out completely then, he came back distressed. I knew it at the time, but didn't take any heed as I was convinced the run was an acid test, that the horse didn't give his true running..
    Day or 2 later I texted trainer and he said all his horses had run too bad to be true. Day after he declares probable virus in yard, empties out all the horses and sticks them into a field where they'll stay for at the very least 2 weeks while he disinfects. It seems that all his horses lately ran in a very similar fashion to how archaeologist ran and they also finished distressed..

So down to the nuts and bolts, a recap if you will.
    Horse has cost a fortune so far, the price of a 3 bed semi in 1993 (about). Didn't race for his first 2 years in training due to injuries. He's had his 3 runs in 2008, and to be fair you could easily find excuses to rule out each of them.

1st run: unseats while going ok
    in a fairly decent novice chase first time out.

2nd run: going well to the 3rd last in 3 mile beginners chase, clobbers it, loses 5/6 lengths, gains them back and then completely fades. Arrives home lame that night with an infection in his fetlock joint.

3rd run: 2m6 maiden hurdle. Does as bad as a horse can do, virus in yard.

I think i'll give him one more chance, a beginners chase somewhere when he's back, which will be a few to a good few weeks away.

I think this horse is jinxed.

• Advertisement

Well at least you have a reason for it. At least he didn't burst which is what happens horses with a serious dose of the virus. I certainly wouldn't be rushing him back but sounds like you still have a horse to go to battle with. These horses would drive you mad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement