Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archaeologist offer

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Cantoris

You can register a new syndicate name with the same colours, just change the cap. That way you only need to buy the cap. I'd go so far as to suggest you ask your trainer if he has a spare cap colour that you could use. Most of them have their own colours and will give you a lend of the cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭rynners

corban wrote: »
    imo there's no need to change colours, regarding name i dunno, we haven't been any good at coming up with a name, so i suppose we could just put 'syndicate' after current name i.e ..... rynne's syndicate? that shouldn't cost anything should it?

Rynne's syndicate is awful name.. if i wanted to front something I'd have bought a chinese laundry.

I'm not at all sure about colours, if one owner has his colours and the horse's ownership officially changes then i'd imagine you must change the colours.

Cantoris wrote: »
    You can register a new syndicate name with the same colours, just change the cap. That way you only need to buy the cap. I'd go so far as to suggest you ask your trainer if he has a spare cap colour that you could use. Most of them have their own colours and will give you a lend of the cap.

smart thinking.. done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

imo there's no need to change colours, regarding name i dunno, we haven't been any good at coming up with a name, so i suppose we could just put 'syndicate' after current name i.e ..... rynne's syndicate? that shouldn't cost anything should it?

As the syndicate is for Archeologist alone, how about The Gold Diggers Syndicate?

I know gold isn't what these guys dig for, but Artefacts Syndicate wouldn't have the same ring to it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aidankk

Rules seem very fair to me, in addition i think payment should be made by direct debit (too messy to be sending cheques etc), with penalty of 2 consecutive missed payment means eviction.. Could even use paypal or similiar..

• Advertisement

aidankk wrote: »
    Rules seem very fair to me, in addition i think payment should be made by direct debit (too messy to be sending cheques etc), with penalty of 2 consecutive missed payment means eviction.. Could even use paypal or similiar..

direct debit might be too precise, if there's a vet's bill or similar then it can't be done only be making a manual transfer.. i like the idea of paypal, I have a moneybookers account... does this help?

gscully wrote: »
    As the syndicate is for Archeologist alone, how about The Gold Diggers Syndicate?

I know gold isn't what these guys dig for, but Artefacts Syndicate wouldn't have the same ring to it :D

good suggestion (but i'd be surprised if it wasn't taken already).
    The horse is named archaeologist after my father who is Professor Emeritas. He never dug for gold but jeaysus did he look for old pottery, stones etc.

Syndicate so far.

Dotsflan, meriweather, corban, myself, punchestown, carjim, AW, Aidenkk and Jayroyal. Maybe Ziggy and HiCloy..

9 and 2 possibles. It's looking good. If anyone has an interest in joining and has a question you can always pm me.

Dotsflan I need your contact info.. without it I can't let you into the syndicate once the 1st of the month comes up. PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭corban

rynners wrote: »
    direct debit might be too precise, if there's a vet's bill or similar then it can't be done only be making a manual transfer.. i like the idea of paypal, I have a moneybookers account... does this help?

would it not be easier just to have say a dedicated account, like aib for instance, that we could tansfer into each month using names as the reference? that way people could just transfer online or walk into any bank and lodge...

grave diggers syndicate....wud be better for archaeologists :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

I would be interested if we can set up an online transfer each month, im not old enough to have a cheque book!!! a direct debit would be best and then any extra expense by transfer.......

• Advertisement

would it not be easier just to have say a dedicated account, like aib for instance, that we could tansfer into each month using names as the reference? that way people could just transfer online or walk into any bank and lodge...

grave diggers syndicate....wud be better for archaeologists :rolleyes:

fair enough if it would work.. the money needs to be able to be withdrawn obviously as trainer needs to be paid. Would this mean that the account can't be officially owned by the syndicate or would it need to be owned by me? I have an account sitting there in my name with a zero balance so we could use that. we've got a month to figure it out anyhow i'd say as initial payment will probably be made by cheque/another method.. (just on timelines but this may not be the case)..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aidankk

fair enough if it would work.. the money needs to be able to be withdrawn obviously as trainer needs to be paid. Would this mean that the account can't be officially owned by the syndicate or would it need to be owned by me? I have an account sitting there in my name with a zero balance so we could use that. we've got a month to figure it out anyhow i'd say as initial payment will probably be made by cheque/another method.. (just on timelines but this may not be the case)..

Imsuggesting a direct debit for the trainers fees as this is a fixed recurring cost, anything after this can be paid by paypal or bank tfr or whatever,just i wouldnt like to be the one have to try and organise to collect 20 monthly payments. It would be less of a problem to get one off fees like vets etc..

the account would have to yours, so only u would have access to it...then if people want to use direct debit to lodge or just transfer manually by the 28th of each month its up to them... then there's no messing with registered post, waiting for cheques to clear etc....

as such you would be the treasurer as well as the agent....

what i would suggest is that you decide the method that suits you best, then thats the way it'll be done...

the rules u printed earlier are fair imo, so i guess we need to find out how much the first payment required will be to cover initial set up costs of the syndicate and then add the €60 for the trainer....

each member will then give u the monies required by a certain date, and on that date you'll know for sure who's in the syndicate...

the account would have to yours, so only u would have access to it...then if people want to use direct debit to lodge or just transfer manually by the 28th of each month its up to them... then there's no messing with registered post, waiting for cheques to clear etc....

as such you would be the treasurer as well as the agent....

what i would suggest is that you decide the method that suits you best, then thats the way it'll be done...

the rules u printed earlier are fair imo, so i guess we need to find out how much the first payment required will be to cover initial set up costs of the syndicate and then add the €60 for the trainer....

each member will then give u the monies required by a certain date, and on that date you'll know for sure who's in the syndicate...
    first payment should be 60 training and 40 for hri fund. (800/20) and off we go to the races.
    sure 100 squids is only a burger and chips these days ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 carjim

cash transfer to your Poker Stars a/c could be another possibility!!!!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 franny1

Franny to be fair to the spirit of the offer I must say no to you. This is your first forum post and the offer is for forum contributors with some sort of history. IMmyself have less than 200 posts and feel like I've been on it forever so appreciate the effort they've made to have a posting history with decent numbers up. Hope you understand and thanks for your interest anyway.

Thats no problem mate..best of luck with it anyways and sure ya no where i am if ya need to fill the numbers

carjim wrote: »
    cash transfer to your Poker Stars a/c could be another possibility!!!!!:rolleyes:

you on stars now? full tilt is the easy money at the moment imo.. or else i'm running red hot.

Syndicate so far.

Dotsflan, meriweather, corban, myself, punchestown, carjim, AW, Aidenkk, eoghan104 and Jayroyal. Maybe Ziggy and HiCloy..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

the practical side of things and possibly another expense..

At the moment the horse is under my name on the racecard and in my colours. If we change the name there's probably a fee and with the colours we'd have to get a new set of silks done up (cost a couple of hundred pounds sterling a few years ago (I think). This also takes a little bit of time, so if he were to run in december it would probably still be in my name.

Either we go the route to change the name and make it "official" or we can keep me as the owner and have our own agreement (i would sign some sort of legally binding doc that would give you a right to the share of prizemoney/sale money as long as payments were in order. It's not out of vanity that I suggest this, just seems practical (in other words I've never been involved in a syndicate and might have to go breakin my balls to find out how to go about things..and it might save a few quid.) It is only a suggestion though and if people want a syndicate name on the racecard then I'd be happy too.
    I dont think we need to get this technical - once the money (fees) is up to date every month, the rest will take care of itself.

This is a bit of fun (in my mind). We have to be professional enough with our subs, but I dont think we need worry about legal cases being brought by disgruntled members about Gold cup winnings not being distributed fairly.

meriwether wrote: »
    I dont think we need to get this technical - once the money (fees) is up to date every month, the rest will take care of itself.

This is a bit of fun (in my mind). We have to be professional enough with our subs, but I dont think we need worry about legal cases being brought by disgruntled members about Gold cup winnings not being distributed fairly.

It's always good to be legally savvy Meriweather as you never know what shiitsters are out there.. for example. I have a building with 50 car spaces where an accountant sat down at a meeting on my behalf negotiating with the bank on my behalf to secure funds to purchase. 2 years later same accountant lays claim to 17 of the car spaces on a 1 euro per month licence for the rest of his life signed by the blind owner in 2001 who also happened to be his client. (of course accountant never mentioned this to me or bank when he was negotiiating on my behalf). So when it comes to relying on agreement to distribute cold hard cash that is already in one persons possession.. well you need to get the agreement if the ownership isn't officially a syndicate.

Edit: former blind owner is now deceased.. and this licence wasn't signed off by blind owners solicitor only accountant's solicitor...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

It's always good to be legally savvy Meriweather as you never know what shiitsters are out there.. for example. I have a building with 50 car spaces where an accountant sat down at a meeting on my behalf negotiating with the bank on my behalf to secure funds to purchase. 2 years later same accountant lays claim to 17 of the car spaces on a 1 euro per month licence for the rest of his life signed by the blind owner in 2001 who also happened to be his client. (of course accountant never mentioned this to me or bank when he was negotiiating on my behalf). So when it comes to relying on agreement to distribute cold hard cash that is already in one persons possession.. well you need to get the agreement if the ownership isn't officially a syndicate.

Edit: former blind owner is now deceased.. and this licence wasn't signed off by blind owners solicitor only accountant's solicitor...

Will the cnut be hit with the €200 a year levy on those parking spaces? :D

gscully wrote: »
    Will the cnut be hit with the €200 a year levy on those parking spaces? :D

I suppose.. if he gets to hold onto them.. which is a slim to none chance as judges can spot a scam a mile away. If by any chance he does you can bet your bottom dollar I'll camp outside his office handing out leaflets telling the story.

Guys, we need a name for the syndicate fairLy fast.. if you can't come up with something read back through this thread and pick a favourite out. Boards dot eye ee is probably my favourite so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

I'll go along with anything and I'd agree that thats the best suggestion so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 carjim

hows about "rynners and ryders syndicate"? well i think it's cool!!

actually rynners and ryders is pretty decent.. and just about acceptable with rynne in it
    I'm not a "Tom the man and his feckin pop tarts" type of person..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

how about the 'board decision' syndicate:p since we cant seem to decide

If no one has any objections or better suggestions it'll be boards dot eye ee... in fairness hobart is letting this thread go on as a sticky in order for this horse to be syndicated.. and it's a bit of a thank you to him. And corban was the first to commit so it's also a thank you to him.

either name is good for me.....

any update on our champions :D condition?

• Advertisement

either name is good for me.....

any update on our champions :D condition?

nah.. i've been really busy last couple of days..not sleeping a lot either due to baby.. and funnily enough I've been hitting my poker target with ease which is strange as I'm playing with red eyes. So I haven't spoken to paul since. I'd imagine he's just stood in his box until infection clears.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement