Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archaeologist offer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭finbarrk

€1200 pm all in is ok. We pay €45 per day which is about €1350 pm and expenses on top.(Transport, farriers fees, etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭rynners

finbarrk wrote: »
    €1200 pm all in is ok. We pay €45 per day which is about €1350 pm and expenses on top.(Transport, farriers fees, etc.)

Yeah up in meade's I was paying 48 a day plus farriers, plus plus plus plus..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

finbarrk wrote: »

so do we finnbark seems all the top trainers charge in and around the same

on the subject of the name it's not easy to come up with one,it took me a few nights going through them for ours,as a matter of fact i even posted a thread here looking for ideas:)
    how about the frequent posters syndicate just a thought

hiscan wrote: »
    on the subject of the name it's not easy to come up with one,it took me a few nights going through them for ours,as a matter of fact i even posted a thread here looking for ideas:)
    how about the frequent posters syndicate just a thought

It's not easy to name it you're right.. happy enough with either in the poll ... have voted boards dot myself... have a vote.. winning vote is the name!

• Advertisement

Update:
    Horse had a canter today, wow that was quick, Paul said he gave him a very strong anti-biotic and he's still on them.. seems to have cleared up which is great news.
    I'll keep the option to join the syndicate open until the end of the month and fees begin on the first of december... It'd be great if we made the 20..
    come on those sitting on the fence, join in!
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭corban

rynners wrote: »
    Update:
    Horse had a canter today, wow that was quick, Paul said he gave him a very strong anti-biotic and he's still on them.. seems to have cleared up which is great news.
    I'll keep the option to join the syndicate open until the end of the month and fees begin on the first of december... It'd be great if we made the 20..

nice one..thanks for the update
    are we going to use your dormant account for the fees?

Update:

like ive said already this is a very cheap way to get into horse ownership and only for im involved in two already id be in like flynn,see how you get on with your numbers and i'll make a decision at the last minute ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭corban

like ive said already this is a very cheap way to get into horse ownership and only for im involved in two already id be in like flynn,see how you get on with your numbers and i'll make a decision at the last minute ok

it would be good to have you on board...

corban wrote: »
    nice one..thanks for the update
    are we going to use your dormant account for the fees?

i'd say so yeah.. unless you can do moneybookers or full tilt poker transfer.
    first bill 100 smackers. 60 training 40 for hri fees.

• Advertisement

corban wrote: »
    it would be good to have you on board...

+1

I'd really like those fellas contributing to 3 mile chase to go for it.

tell you what hiscan.. why don't we meet in athenry and i'll bring you over to the horse so you can have an opinion on him... you're not too far away..
    that way too you can give an honest, unbiased opinion as to his makeup etc.

it'd be good for the others to get an independent opinion if nothing else..

tell you what hiscan.. why don't we meet in athenry and i'll bring you over to the horse so you can have an opinion on him... you're not too far away..
    that way too you can give an honest, unbiased opinion as to his makeup etc.

thats a good idea actually,i wouldn't mind seeing the horse alright i mght try and get up to you next weekend,i'll pm you my number during the week and we'll arrange something:)

just got your message

thats a good idea actually,i wouldn't mind seeing the horse alright i mght try and get up to you next weekend,i'll pm you my number during the week and we'll arrange something:)

just got your message

any day is a good day. I work from home.

and aw is another in the syndicate. he's close to athenry so hopefully he'll come along too.

if anyone else wants to come and see the horse they're welcome.. just pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

I would be delighted to go along.
    Even if just to give another opinion for people who are a long way from Galway.

Just to say, fair play to Rynners for this. It is a once in a lifetime offer.
    Thank you.

no worries

aw wrote: »
    I would be delighted to go along.
    Even if just to give another opinion for people who are a long way from Galway.

Just to say, fair play to Rynners for this. It is a once in a lifetime offer.
    Thank you.

good we'll try and arrange to go the same day to save alot of messing about coming and going down the trainers yard even though i'm sure he wouldn't have a problem with this but you know what i'm trying to say:)

• Advertisement

remember he does his heavy work on tuesdays and fridays. though i doubt he'll be doing any heavy work next week.... he might be though as it was an infection not a sprain or the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

the joys of syndicate ownership through the eyes of Johnny Ward racing journalist

http://www.independent.ie/sport/horse-racing/houdini-conjures-a-great-escape-1550231.html

just thought of something.. pay my bills at the end of the month to gilligan. so i suppose that means that it isn't at the start of every month. i'll talk to you all how to sort this out.

Dotsflan, meriweather, corban, myself, punchestown, carjim, AW, Aidenkk, Eoghan104 and Jayroyal. Maybe Ziggy and HiCloy..and hiscan isn't getting out of town alive if he doesn't sign up.
    That's 10 so including myself and 3 possibles.
    Only a few days to go....

:D:D:D:D rynners i've got my fingers in alot of pies we'll discuss this later;);)

Update:
    well hiscan and I went out to see the horse this morning and got to see him canter around in a very soft piece of work. At least the jock stayed up on him this time, nothing further to relay to ye yet.

yes went to see the horse today,saw him having a run around the gallops,a nice looking horse probably about 17hs,ran with a few stable companions and looks to be not a bother on him,i'd be definitely willing to give him until the end of the season at least and maybe a drop in trip but his next run or two will tell the trainer and owner(s) alot more about his ability

Lads, i'm getting quite a lot of pms from people interested in joining the syndicate, more than one who suggest they and their buddy can join. Unfortunately these people are not regular contributors to the forum and therefor the offer of syndication is not open to them. I have plenty of friends whom I could ask to join the syndicate if needed, however syndication of the horse in the first instance isn't needed and therefor the offer is exactly that, an offer, to whom it relates to (regular forum contributors). I make one exception, carjim, and he is a personal friend who had the offer of the horse entire if he wished.
    Please no more pms as a refusal might offend. Thank you.

Abouttobebanned.. any interest in joining up? Hobart any from you? Mike 65? Bluetonic? Hi Cloy? .. any others having a think about it? would be nice to get a list of the thinkers..

• Advertisement

Off topic I know... but just once.

A guy was driving home one evening when he suddenly realizes that it is his daughter's birthday and that he hasn't bought her anything. Out the corner of his eye he sees a shopping mall. Knowing it was "now or never", he pulls his car through three lanes of traffic, finds a parking bay and runs into the mall.

After a frantic search he finds a toy store, goes inside and attracts the attention of a shop assistant. When asked what he would like, he simply says "a Barbie doll". The shop assistant looks at him in the particularly condescending manner that only shop assistants can muster up and asks "Which Barbie would that be, sir?"

The man looks surprised so the assistant continues "We have Barbie Goes the Gym for $19.95, Barbie Goes to the Ball for $19.95, Barbie Goes Shopping for $19.95, Barbie Goes to the Beach for $19.95, Barbie Goes Night Clubbing for $19.95, and Divorced Barbie for $265.00"

The man can't help himself and asks "why is Divorced Barbie $265.00 when all the other Barbies are selling for $19.95?"

"That's obvious!" the assistant exclaims, "Divorced Barbie comes with Ken's house, Ken's car, Ken's furniture ....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement