Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archaeologist offer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭rynners

welcome aboard Jay.. but unfortunately can't let in the friend.. unless he's a boards poster for quite a while on here.. (all this was stated in my 3 mile thread).
    It's an offer to the genuine community that is the horse racing forum on here. Hope you understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭jayroyal

ok sound then don't think he's on this, anyway i take it be a taking from bank monthly to make it easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭corban

maybe we should keep name simple..... something like:
    boards dot eye e syndicate....
    bit juvenile maybe, i dunno any other suggestions?

jayroyal wrote: »
    ok sound then don't think he's on this, anyway i take it be a taking from bank monthly to make it easy.

not sure how it'll work yet.. perhaps start off by cheque? and then after race one by bank order. So that everyone has confidence that I'm not running away to brazil with their 60 quid. We'll work something out asap.

It's best if payments are made to me just before the start of every month so that the administration (god did i let myself in for that!) can be in order. On the first of every month then I pay trainer. Note that fees reduce in summer when horse is off and their could be a vet fee or hri fee so standing order might not be ideal.

corban wrote: »

It's a good start.
    I'll have to get papers to change name from HRI, clear my account with them and start a new one in the name of the syndicate so sooner we come up with name the better..
    that's a good first suggestion though.

• Advertisement

Dotsflan, meriweather, corban, myself, punchestown, carjim, AW and Jayroyal.
    That's 8.. come on lads.. 20 is better than 8. Offer ends once he goes back into training..
    Here's an idea... get rid of that repetitive sky crap for your tv and go for the horse! (It's about the same price).
    There could be great friendships to be made in this.. if not then maybe corban is a totally shaggable blonde with big boobies.

rynners wrote: »
    Dotsflan, meriweather, corban, myself, punchestown, carjim, AW and Jayroyal.
    That's 8.. come on lads.. 20 is better than 8. Offer ends once he goes back into training..
    Here's an idea... get rid of that repetitive sky crap for your tv and go for the horse! (It's about the same price).
    There could be great friendships to be made in this.. if not then maybe corban is a totally shaggable blonde with big boobies.

unfortunately i got rid of man boobs over the summer.....

Board Racers? Bored Chasers? Board Chasers? The Boards Grand National Syndicate? The Ban Flat Racing syndicate? Take ye all on Syndicate? Sport of Kings Posters Syndicate? To win just once syndicate (after the Sawdoctors song about a horse)? each as bad as the one before...but we need a list! Don't back our horse syndicate?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭jayroyal

not sure how it'll work yet.. perhaps start off by cheque? and then after race one by bank order. So that everyone has confidence that I'm not running away to brazil with their 60 quid. We'll work something out asap.

It's best if payments are made to me just before the start of every month so that the administration (god did i let myself in for that!) can be in order. On the first of every month then I pay trainer. Note that fees reduce in summer when horse is off and their could be a vet fee or hri fee so standing order might not be ideal.

Ye suppose it be different from month to month , anyway does the trainer think he might be just a winter jumping horse.(cheltenham bound Syndicate?) as a name, i'll pm my details now.

jayroyal wrote: »
    Ye suppose it be different from month to month , anyway does the trainer think he might be just a winter jumping horse.(cheltenham bound Syndicate?) as a name, i'll pm my details now.

100% he's winter.. he's the finest looking horse ya ever did see too (and not just being biased there) 17 hands, he's king of the parade ring so far anyhow. Cheltenham bound syndicate is a bit too specific maybe? what happens if he wins the National? :D

What about "Sticky this where you like syndicate"? "Sticky this one boards syndicate" or "Sticky this syndicate" "Sticky that ya poster syndicate"
    I kind of like the sticky part in it anyways.. we could leave out the word syndicate maybe and they'd work better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

Great offer, I'd be potentially interested although not certain yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Cantoris

I'd love to get my own sticky for my horses!! Best of luck with it lads. I'll keep my eye out for him and hope he doesn't bump into one of mine at any stage.

HiCloy wrote: »
    Great offer, I'd be potentially interested although not certain yet

You'd be welcome to join... for the basic 60 a month you cant go wrong..
    It's certainly be a way to have owning interest, meet a crowd of like minded people and have some fun. You kind of have to make up your mind over the next few days though as it won't be long before he's back in training..

I'll set the cut off day as the end of the month.. that way the training for the syndicate starts at the beginning of a month. He won't run before that anyhow.. he should run in december all going well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 franny1

Hi ,
    Just following your tread with great interest all along (gave me some laughs)
    It has made for some interesting conservations with my fellow horse racing mate in the pub.

Id def be interested, seems that id be more than likely at the course or in bookies anyways watching it,why not give it a go!

Just a point,im an avid horse racing with a decent knowledge(i think) and appreciation of the sport

franny1 wrote: »
    Hi ,
    Just following your tread with great interest all along (gave me some laughs)
    It has made for some interesting conservations with my fellow horse racing mate in the pub.

Id def be interested, seems that id be more than likely at the course or in bookies anyways watching it,why not give it a go!

Just a point,im an avid horse racing with a decent knowledge(i think) and appreciation of the sport

Franny to be fair to the spirit of the offer I must say no to you. This is your first forum post and the offer is for forum contributors with some sort of history. IMmyself have less than 200 posts and feel like I've been on it forever so appreciate the effort they've made to have a posting history with decent numbers up. Hope you understand and thanks for your interest anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aidankk

This is begining to interest me as well, i think id go for it. Especially now that he may run in the near future. (im not known for my patience):rolleyes:

Put me down and we can iron out the finer details towards the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Just wondering how you propose to get harmony with the syndicate in respect to the path this horse takes? At the moment it appears to be up in the air what is his best distance, ground, type of track etc.., he's had two bad races which don't give much of an helping indication.

What if the syndicate is split in a number of ways in what they want for the horse?

How is any potential prize money split? Is it put back into the training fees or split between members?

How are simple things like the few racecourse badges distributed when the horse is running?

Is there only one point of contact between the syndicate and the trainer? Are the other members passive?

If the finer details are written in stone now it may be easier for people to commit to the annual 720 euro now.

aidankk wrote: »
    This is begining to interest me as well, i think id go for it. Especially now that he may run in the near future. (im not known for my patience):rolleyes:

Put me down and we can iron out the finer details towards the end of the month.

welcome aboard.

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Just wondering how you propose to get harmony with the syndicate in respect to the path this horse takes? At the moment it appears to be up in the air what is his best distance, ground, type of track etc.., he's had two bad races which don't give much of an helping indication.

What if the syndicate is split in a number of ways in what they want for the horse?

How is any potential prize money split? Is it put back into the training fees or split between members?

How are simple things like the few racecourse badges distributed when the horse is running?

Is there only one point of contact between the syndicate and the trainer? Are the other members passive?

If the finer details are written in stone now it may be easier for people to commit to the annual 720 euro now.

I'll post a set of rules by tonight.. no time at moment

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Frazzled

I'll post a set of rules by tonight.. no time at moment

I am intrigued as to how a gamble will be landed on this horse given the amount of coverage it has had? This was never an issue when it was your own horse, but now there are potentially 20 boards members forming the syndicate, who may have different views on whether updates should be posted.

Would it be correct to assume that once the syndicate is formed, the information stream would dry up on here? I would have thought that it would be only fair on the syndicate members who foot the bills, if that were to be the case. However they may agree that it is a boards venture and are happy for it to continue that way?

I assume that something like this will be in the set of rules anyway.

• Advertisement

Frazzled wrote: »
    I am intrigued as to how a gamble will be landed on this horse given the amount of coverage it has had? This was never an issue when it was your own horse, but now there are potentially 20 boards members forming the syndicate, who may have different views on whether updates should be posted.

Would it be correct to assume that once the syndicate is formed, the information stream would dry up on here? I would have thought that it would be only fair on the syndicate members who foot the bills, if that were to be the case. However they may agree that it is a boards venture and are happy for it to continue that way?

I assume that something like this will be in the set of rules anyway.

To be honest I don't have an answer to that one.. suppose if the info is still to flow it has to be a unanimous decision. The whole thing for me is less about a gamble, but it might be for others, and more about having a group get together and enjoy the fun of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

Bluetonic wrote: »

the way we got around this was to order a badge for every member,they only cost roughly 55euro each and well worth it if yur horse runs more than three times a year,plus syndicates automaticaly get four badges complimentary
    on a side note well done to rynners for this offer its a cracking and cheap way to get a taste of horse ownership,i can tell you the costs we incur with our horse is alot more than 1200 pcm

I recommend everyone interest should have a read of this, the syndicate part.
    http://www.goracing.ie/AssetLibrary/Files/HRI/Ownership/HRI_Owners_Guide_2008.pdf

Here's a set of proposed syndicate rules. The spirit of them is to be fair to everyone else who commits to paying money every month. They're not absolute yet as I would like feedback/discussion on them. If some of them seem harsh it's only because I am not a secretary chasing money and nor am I travel agent that gives you everything rolled out to your requirements (i don't need this to turn into a headache).

It’s easy to gain a share so it’ll be easy to lose a share. If anyone needs me to elaborate on this I will, but I think it’s self explanatory.

PROPOSED SYNDICATE RULES:

1. If you're late for any payment (ie monthly) you have 3 weeks to pay up or you lose your share. You have 1 go at this and you lose your share on the second go. (in other words if it happens for a second time you'll lose your share). In fairness if this is to work and if there's 20 shareholders then no feckin around can be allowed.

2. Shareholders may not lay the horse to lose on the exchanges. Loss of share for this.

3. Horse remains with Paul Gilligan to train.

4. Prizemoney is divided into 1/20 of prize money. net of any costs/tips to stable lad etc that may occur, and distributed on a per share held basis. Ie: 2 shares = 2/20ths of prize money (net). Note that it is customary to give a tip to the lad who leads him around, I think the jockey as well and as far as I am aware the trainer and jock are both entitled to 10% each.

5. Anyone may pull out at any stage, they lose their share to me.

6. No one may sell or transfer a share to another, you’re in for your original stake and that’s it.

7. Members are expected to behave responsibly and not bring the syndicate into disrepute. Members can be booted out for this by general consensus. (don’t go getting pissed and puking in the parade ring, don’t box the head off anybody etc… we’re in this for a good time not a nightmare).

8. The value of your monthly fees paid related to the performance of the horse in that particular month. (if you leave or are asked to leave by consensus then the value of your fees paid has already been given, it does not entitle anyone to a share in any future sale.

9. Should there ever be a sale then the shareholders at that particular time will be entitled to a direct proportion of the sale proceeds less any fees as to their shareholding.

10. The trainer decides in the end where the horse will run, he will bow to a general consensus from the syndicate. Members are encouraged to search out suitable races and discuss them in the boards forum. (you can get a listing of races coming up on www.irish-racing.com on the fixtures tab.

11. Members being consistently unreasonable, difficult and general pain in the ass to be around may be voted out by general consensus (remember the good time not the nightmare).

12. I may not be voted out of the syndicate.

13. In the event of anyone’s death they lose their share.

14. Admission to racecourses. In general the HRI give 4 passes (I know this to be for a sole owner but will check it out for a syndicate) so it’s fair to give the first 4 to sign up to the syndicate priority over the others. Badges as far as I can see vary from course to course at entry (when I was in cork I got 3 tags, when I was in fairy house I got none. EVERY effort will be made to get members into owners/trainers bar. (I see posted that badges can be bought.. We’ll go that route if it’s appropriate).

15. Members may enter the parade ring before and after the race to meet trainer/jockey provided that they act with caution not to spook horses or the like. No bringing of mates into the parade ring, wives/girlfriends should stay out too (there could be a lot of us in the first place). Just be reasonable.

16. Regular contact with the trainer should be through one person only (it’s not fair to be asking him to be dealing with 20 enquiries). Contact on race days is for everyone. If coming up to a race day you feel that I’m not relaying enough information or correctly, then sure, give him a call. You might want to back him early or something… the key here is to be reasonable. I will deal with as many enquiries as you want.

17. Two weeks is given after a demand for HRI fund (for entries/jocks fees), 1 weeks delay only allowed once (in the same way as for the training fees the share will be lost.

18. Monies to be recieved by the 28th of every month so that on the first of the month the trainers fees can be paid. (this won't apply strictly on month 1).

Any further suggestions/comments appreciated.

i think those rules are very fair....and definately the rules regarding money should be strictly adhered to...it's such a pain in the arse chasing monies owed...

if ever there's anything you need a hand with then just give me a call i'd be delighted to help out where i can....you have my dets

regarding badges/entry etc... when we know how many people want to go to a particular race, then we will be able to see how many are required and the best way to sort it out imo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Cantoris

14. Admission to racecourses. In general the HRI give 4 passes (I know this to be for a sole owner but will check it out for a syndicate) so it’s fair to give the first 4 to sign up to the syndicate priority over the others. Badges as far as I can see vary from course to course at entry (when I was in cork I got 3 tags, when I was in fairy house I got none. EVERY effort will be made to get members into owners/trainers bar. (I see posted that badges can be bought.. We’ll go that route if it’s appropriate).

15. Members may enter the parade ring before and after the race to meet trainer/jockey provided that they act with caution not to spook horses or the like. No bringing of mates into the parade ring, wives/girlfriends should stay out too (there could be a lot of us in the first place). Just be reasonable

A syndicate gets four badges too and it is supposed to entitle you to entry, a racecard, owners and trainers badge (access to O&T stand and bar).

You gotta allow the WAGs in....they bring a bit of glamour. I have one syndicate with a lot of members and they brings their partners in. That's half the fun. Can't leave them outside. I even allow them to bring in their mates as long as they are respectful (a well noted point by yourself).

regarding badges/entry etc... when we know how many people want to go to a particular race, then we will be able to see how many are required and the best way to sort it out imo...

good idea,
    I'll talk to the AIR re badges and entry to owners and trainers of course.. it'd be nice to stay as a group at all times.

the practical side of things and possibly another expense..

At the moment the horse is under my name on the racecard and in my colours. If we change the name there's probably a fee and with the colours we'd have to get a new set of silks done up (cost a couple of hundred pounds sterling a few years ago (I think). This also takes a little bit of time, so if he were to run in december it would probably still be in my name.

Either we go the route to change the name and make it "official" or we can keep me as the owner and have our own agreement (i would sign some sort of legally binding doc that would give you a right to the share of prizemoney/sale money as long as payments were in order. It's not out of vanity that I suggest this, just seems practical (in other words I've never been involved in a syndicate and might have to go breakin my balls to find out how to go about things..and it might save a few quid.) It is only a suggestion though and if people want a syndicate name on the racecard then I'd be happy too.

the practical side of things and possibly another expense..

At the moment the horse is under my name on the racecard and in my colours. If we change the name there's probably a fee and with the colours we'd have to get a new set of silks done up (cost a couple of hundred pounds sterling a few years ago (I think). This also takes a little bit of time, so if he were to run in december it would probably still be in my name.

Either we go the route to change the name and make it "official" or we can keep me as the owner and have our own agreement (i would sign some sort of legally binding doc that would give you a right to the share of prizemoney/sale money as long as payments were in order. It's not out of vanity that I suggest this, just seems practical (in other words I've never been involved in a syndicate and might have to go breakin my balls to find out how to go about things..and it might save a few quid.) It is only a suggestion though and if people want a syndicate name on the racecard then I'd be happy too.

imo there's no need to change colours, regarding name i dunno, we haven't been any good at coming up with a name, so i suppose we could just put 'syndicate' after current name i.e ..... rynne's syndicate? that shouldn't cost anything should it?

• Advertisement

Cantoris wrote: »
    A syndicate gets four badges too and it is supposed to entitle you to entry, a racecard, owners and trainers badge (access to O&T stand and bar).

You gotta allow the WAGs in....they bring a bit of glamour. I have one syndicate with a lot of members and they brings their partners in. That's half the fun. Can't leave them outside. I even allow them to bring in their mates as long as they are respectful (a well noted point by yourself).

WAGs too so. Unless it's reasonable for them not to be there, would ask for everyone's co-operation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement