Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archaeologist offer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭rynners

there's a beginners chase in fairyhouse on the 13th december... 2m5. maybe he'll be back on time for that.. would like to think so. It's a saturday so good day for all to meet up hopefully..

update: Horse's teeth were hurting him a bit so dentist did a job on him yesterday..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

rynners wrote: »
    update: Horse's teeth were hurting him a bit so dentist did a job on him yesterday..

I fukking told you to stop feeding him applejacks............

meriwether wrote: »
    I fukking told you to stop feeding him applejacks............

lol.. good sense of humour. you'll be craic in the syndicate.

there's a beginners chase in fairyhouse on the 13th december... 2m5. maybe he'll be back on time for that.. would like to think so. It's a saturday so good day for all to meet up hopefully..

gilligan said it would be putting the gun to his head to have him ready but it that he would run before christmas for sure. Have a look at the december fixtures for the second half of december on irish-racing.com and come up with some suggestions for a race..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 shamrock29

I have been following this thread for a while and even backed Archaelogist
    last time :( lol
    Didnt actaully see the race,is there anywere online you can see the race?
    maybe youtube?
    Just seems like alot of guys on here following and betting on this horse with their heart rather than their brains.I hope im wrong as you have put alot of faith in the horse and trainer and also alot of cash.
    When do you think Archaelogist will be back racing?
    Would the trainer maybe give him a spin over hurdles to sharpen him up before a run over the big obstacles and that way we will have an idea of what sort of form he is in....
    Its all well and good running him against other horses at home but if the stable is small(which i think it is)well you might not get to see his true colours.
    Good luck with everything and I hope things work out.
    Shamrock.
    ps i think in regards to Frazzles comment about a gamble on the horse
    I don't think the bookies or anyone will take much notice of a forum as
    his price didnt shrink in anyway the last time he ran.

shamrock29 wrote: »
    I have been following this thread for a while and even backed Archaelogist
    last time :( lol
    Didnt actaully see the race,is there anywere online you can see the race?
    maybe youtube?
    Just seems like alot of guys on here following and betting on this horse with their heart rather than their brains.I hope im wrong as you have put alot of faith in the horse and trainer and also alot of cash.
    Would the trainer maybe give him a spin over hurdles to sharpen him up before a run over the big obstacles and that way we will have an idea of what sort of form he is in....
    Its all well and good running him against other horses at home but if the stable is small(which i think it is)well you might not get to see his true colours.
    Good luck with everything and I hope things work out.
    Shamrock.
    http://www.attheraces.com/card.aspx?raceid=195689&meetingid=30313&date=2008-11-12T00:00:00&ref=racenavdropdown&upcoming=yes this was his last race.. which we thought he would win, turns out he had an infection coming into this race which blew up that night.. you have to register with attheraces to view, but it's free and takes about 2 mins..
    i'll try and find the cork race and post the same, and answer questions you have, just give me a few mins..

his first race.. which was too hot a novice chase for him to be in starting off for his first run. he dropped back a little before unseating, but wasn't tired..

i'm still very hopeful that we haven't seen the true horse yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 shamrock29

thanks Rynners,you seem to be very upfront and honest about everything so im hoping this horse is as honest as his owner haha.
    How often are you in contact with the trainer?
    must be great to even watch him train???
    Here is a question Rynners,if you could have any jockeyy on his who would you pick?

He'll be back in the 2nd half of december sometime..
    It's not totally out of the question, however the horse is built for chasing without a shadow of a doubt (hiscan can confirm this i'd say) and he's 6 turning 7 in a month so it's a case of why bother?

as to the gamble... we have to know we have something to gamble with in order to have one.. he's only finished 1 race so far and that was under injury.. what we have to do first is figure out his trip and ground..

• Advertisement

thanks Rynners,you seem to be very upfront and honest about everything so im hoping this horse is as honest as his owner haha.
    How often are you in contact with the trainer?
    must be great to even watch him train???
    Here is a question Rynners,if you could have any jockeyy on his who would you pick?

for me, rodger loughran or paddy flood. Mind you lynch rode the horse the other day and i liked his input post race. In saying that he didn't follow my particular instructions that day to give him a slap or 2 mid race to wake him up. I contact the trainer whenever i want really..

to get the full story of this horse you should read 3 mile novice chase anyone?" thread lower down this page. It's a good read and this thread would make a lot more sense then..

for me, rodger loughran or paddy flood. Mind you lynch rode the horse the other day and i liked his input post race. In saying that he didn't follow my particular instructions that day to give him a slap or 2 mid race to wake him up. I contact the trainer whenever i want really..

i was also very impressed with lynch's ride on notre pere the other day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭corban

just a thought rynners, if we are using your account for the fees etc, you need to contatct your bank to inform them that you will be giving out your bank dets to numerous people for lodgements ONLY......

I spoke with hiscan the other day when we went out to see the horse, he's got previous experience with syndicates and advised me to keep the horse under my own name for the first couple of months until the syndicate firms up. (in other words we realise the possibility that if the horse doesn't do well in his next run that some could just pull out) and that'd be a pain in the ass for changing names etc etc. I really should have put a minimum commitment of 6 months in there for this reason but didn't but would ask members to give it a few months commitment at least though they're under no obligation to do so.. if anyone is not ok with keeping it under my name for the first say 2 months then please pm me in confidence and i'll change the name with immediate effect.
    just for info. i topped up the hri fund the other day so we're kind of ready to rock and roll when the horse is..

I spoke with hiscan the other day when we went out to see the horse, he's got previous experience with syndicates and advised me to keep the horse under my own name for the first couple of months until the syndicate firms up. (in other words we realise the possibility that if the horse doesn't do well in his next run that some could just pull out) and that'd be a pain in the ass for changing names etc etc. I really should have put a minimum commitment of 6 months in there for this reason but didn't but would ask members to give it a few months commitment at least though they're under no obligation to do so.. if anyone is not ok with keeping it under my name for the first say 2 months then please pm me in confidence and i'll change the name with immediate effect.
    just for info. i topped up the hri fund the other day so we're kind of ready to rock and roll when the horse is..

i'm ok with leaving it for a couple of months...
    have you any races in mind yourself rynners? what distance etc...

no time now to get the exact details but there's a race the 19th i think and on the 20th.. both around 2m6, 2m7 and i think one is a maiden hurdle. have a gawk yourself at the fixtures tab on irish-racing.com

The syndicate with 1 day left to join!!!

Dotsflan, meriweather, corban, myself, punchestown, carjim, AW, Aidenkk, Eoghan104 and Jayroyal

Tomorrow is the final day for signing up..
    if i left anyone out please let me know.

looks like the syndicate name will be rynners and ryders too..

Today is the last day for signing up to the syndicate. For those who have been thinking about it it's crunch time..

Be a part of it.. it's cheap, fun and healthy to get out! Your wives WILL thank you.. it's very different than bringing a date to the races as an owner than just bringing a date to the races.. guaranteed she'll be on her knees and if she isn't we'll push you in the way of some exotic looking one down the docks.. !!

errr.. no offense anyone.

• Advertisement

the final syndicate will be:

Dotsflan, meriweather, corban, myself, punchestown, carjim, AW, Aidenkk, Eoghan104 and Jayroyal

the offer now closes.. pity some of you didn't join us. Keep an eye out for our horse!

Thanks everyone for contributing to this thread and 3 mile chase, it was much appreciated.

+1 late arrival Ian.f on here or towey on letsbet.

I'll extend the offer until tonight, because I really would like hiscan and hi-cloy to sign up...
    come on lads.. 60 a month is probably only a bet...

would a 2m 4f maiden hurdle at leopardstown be too short in distance rynners?
    (leopardstown 29/12 would be a good spot for a few beers :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭jayroyal

1.25 Stepaside Beginners Steeplechase of €15000.00 2m. 3f. december 29at leop.
    12.45 Visit Panoramic Restaurant Beginners Steeplechase of €15000.00 3m at punchestown.
    3.05 www.tramore-racecourse.com Beginners Steeplechase of €10000.00 2m. 5f. dec 31 at tramore.
    3.15 Kilbride Beginners Steeplechase of €13500.00 2m. 5f. jan 1st fairyhouse

here's a few i'd be guessing but i'd say tramore easiest to get in to . i'd like fairyhouse or leopardstown myself , fairyhouse a galloping track so if hes a big horse should suit, hence why he ran there already.

you know lads you're starting to read my mind. The last 24 hours or so I was thinking about urging gilligan to send him for a spin over hurdles. One problem the horse has had in his 2 races so far is he's not attacking his jumps. Now i've always been told he jumps brilliantly and technically he's great in that department at home.
    A spin over hurdles might teach him to attack the fences more. He's taken the unorthodox route in that he's gone straight to chasing and never gained the experiences the other horses did. I'm fully in favour of a go in a maiden hurdle and would encourage it. There is a 2m6 maiden in thurles on the 21st. I'd like him to go for that and maybe a beginners chase by the end of the month /early new year. I haven't spoken to trainer about this, but definately feel it could do him some good. Even if it was a 2m2 maiden it might be good to know if he really does or doesn't have any speed... but i think a maiden hurdle or 2 would do him the world of good.
    You can teach a horse to jump a fence at home, but only will he want to attack them when he has the confidence to do so.. hurdles will do this for him I believe.

well a trip over hurdles at a shorter distance and maybe running at the front rather than following behind, might make him attack the hurdles more.....
    and if he manages to stretch the field out all the better...imo

but you'll be in the best position to decide rynners...

corban wrote: »
    well a trip over hurdles at a shorter distance and maybe running at the front rather than following behind, might make him attack the hurdles more.....
    and if he manages to stretch the field out all the better...imo

but you'll be in the best position to decide rynners...

I like the first half of that...
    me deciding? I put on odd socks because i can't decide which ones to wear ;)
    seriously though it's up to the trainer, but we, all in agreement can shove hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

jayroyal wrote: »
    1.25 Stepaside Beginners Steeplechase of €15000.00 2m. 3f. december 29at leop.
    12.45 Visit Panoramic Restaurant Beginners Steeplechase of €15000.00 3m at punchestown.
    3.05 www.tramore-racecourse.com Beginners Steeplechase of €10000.00 2m. 5f. dec 31 at tramore.
    3.15 Kilbride Beginners Steeplechase of €13500.00 2m. 5f. jan 1st fairyhouse

here's a few i'd be guessing but i'd say tramore easiest to get in to . i'd like fairyhouse or leopardstown myself , fairyhouse a galloping track so if hes a big horse should suit, hence why he ran there already.

If, as Rynners says, he's a big galloping horse, I'd steer well clear of Tramore. It's too sharp a track and the dip, though not as bad as it used to be, favours horses (or jockeys more like) that are not afraid to attack it. The run-in is way too short (similar to Roscommon).

• Advertisement

gscully wrote: »
    If, as Rynners says, he's a big galloping horse, I'd steer well clear of Tramore. It's too sharp a track and the dip, though not as bad as it used to be, favours horses (or jockeys more like) that are not afraid to attack it. The run-in is way too short (similar to Roscommon).

already was aware to avoid that one, wexford too..
    naas, navan, cork, fairyhouse are the preferred ones. Others by race..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement