Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCG Projects are out!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

It's going well.
    Just kinda annoying getting bits of info half way through.

Like now we have to give links for all pictures....
    So now i have to search all my images again..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Dafydd Thomas

I'm looking For DCG grinds in the Limerick area. If anyone can direct me please e-mail me. I'm in 5th year.

andy_cannonball@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 21 eoinkk

Paddy001 wrote: »
    So how's it going for everybody?
    Eh not to bad! Find it though to get much dne dough in the class! Will be finished output 1 nd 2 by x-mas! Hopefully!! Wat are most ppl doing! Modification or concept design!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

eoinkk wrote: »
    Eh not to bad! Find it though to get much dne dough in the class! Will be finished output 1 nd 2 by x-mas! Hopefully!! Wat are most ppl doing! Modification or concept design!!!!!

modification is way easier imo, you can use the same template and just change it around a little bit, add in an extra speaker or the ilk! Concpet design wouldnt be too bad, but i have the creative ability of a cat

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

timmywex wrote: »
    modification is way easier imo, you can use the same template and just change it around a little bit, add in an extra speaker or the ilk! Concpet design wouldnt be too bad, but i have the creative ability of a cat
    Well I've got the creative ability of a wall.... :L Didn't have an imagination for years, so modification it is, that may even be difficult!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

I know that the history of cameras was on the sample project, but most people in my year have opted to not bother with the history, myself included. After reading this though I'm reconsidering. Our thinking was that since mp3 docking stations are such a new invention, there wasn't much of a history in the first place. There is nothing specific about histories on the marking scheme, it simply says 'existing artefacts'.

Any opinions would be apreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Paddy Molloy

WHATS DCG??????? IS IT AN IPOD COURSE???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Lol, yes, for the study of ipods.

I think it stands for "Design and Communication Graphics", and is the updated version of Technical Graphics...

Lol, yes, for the study of ipods.

I think it stands for "Design and Communication Graphics", and is the updated version of Technical Graphics...
    Yes that's correct. iPods are part because we have a project to do about docking stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Domestic Exterior Lighting.

Such a boring topic:cool:

• Advertisement

Conor108 wrote: »
    Domestic Exterior Lighting.

Such a boring topic:cool:
    I know, and people thought the docking station was bad.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21 eoinkk

Do most people have output 1 and 2 done by this stage!!!!!!! Hw did it go! Im findin it vry though to think of stuff to put into them!!! Wat are ur teachers ideas bout doin stuff at home!!! Were not aloud to do nyting at home!!! Its bull****!! Did much people put freehand sketching into outputs 1 and 2! This is my output 1!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 darkface

Hi i have a question about output one.
    Do you have put Brief and pictures or just pictures?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

eoinkk wrote: »
    Do most people have output 1 and 2 done by this stage!!!!!!! Hw did it go! Im findin it vry though to think of stuff to put into them!!! Wat are ur teachers ideas bout doin stuff at home!!! Were not aloud to do nyting at home!!! Its bull****!! Did much people put freehand sketching into outputs 1 and 2! This is my output 1!!

You must reference all the websites you got the pictures from.;)

Qwerty? wrote: »
    You must reference all the websites you got the pictures from.;)

just throw in pic1. pic2 etc in below them all and reference at the end....

• Registered Users Posts: 4 darkface

Well I'm on compare and contrast,Do the measurement of the Docking Station has to be real.....or can you make it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

timmywex wrote: »
    just throw in pic1. pic2 etc in below them all and reference at the end....

I think you might be better to reference in the footer of each page, otherwise the last page of your project will be a bit of a waste. (i.e. you can't add another page for references with the required sheets)
    darkface wrote: »
    Well I'm on compare and contrast,Do the measurement of the Docking Station has to be real.....or can you make it up?

You could guestimate them, but obviously it would be better for you trying to model the project in Solidworks if you had the item in front of you, and all required measurments.

Qwerty? wrote: »
    I think you might be better to reference in the footer of each page, otherwise the last page of your project will be a bit of a waste. (i.e. you can't add another page for references with the required sheets)

Aparently its all good to add in an extra page for references, plus a cover page, so itl be 16 pages in all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

we have almost finished our SolidWorks modeling, but its the only output i have been happy with so far. I think I might go back over outputs 1-3 over xmas and just have the concept/modification left to do.

Slightly off topic but... has anyone seen the sample paper and thought there is not a hope they will be able to have enough of the course covered in time to actually do their pres/mocks? I know we most certainly don't have enough done.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭-ilikeshorts

I deffinately havent put any references to web pages down on mine .
    The brief doesnt actually say to do the history just the book from T4 does
    That sample peper we got looked fairly simple in comparison to past years they cut out the bulk of the setting up in each drawing and the questions on it were fairly simple but i reckon what we'll get in febrauary will be a hell of a lot harder than that. We have pretty much it all covered were revising once we get this project out of the way.

• Advertisement

Our exam will clearly be alot easier than the ol dones obiously, shorter time to ask more questions in!

But the mocks will be harder imo, theyll ask a fair bit, it will be tight for time! :(

We are doing about 6/7 hours after school after xmas to have some stuff ready for the mocks(start feb) because we cant give over any other class time because we are loosing 2 weeksof project time due to mocks! :(

http://www.independent.ie/business/technology/10-best-mp3-docks-1538169.html?ino=1

Clearly the most ingenious dock ever............€1800! :o:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 GaryB

Well lads and lasses :D
    How's the DCG going?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

my docks pro , it can fly and stuff yo..

im so screwed...

This thing sucks.... Can't come up with any half decent mods! I have 4 I think it is, but I'm not ecstatic about them!! How's everybody else going?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭xXxhotstuff xXx

lads readin yer posts and how much yev done is scarin the sh1t out of me.. i have page1 almost complete and one of the compare and contrast pages half done, thats it!! our teacher hasnt helped us a bit jus read and reread the paper to us when we ask him to explain it to us.. i think hes given up on the projects too because we havnt done them in over a month now!! :(

lads readin yer posts and how much yev done is scarin the sh1t out of me.. i have page1 almost complete and one of the compare and contrast pages half done, thats it!! our teacher hasnt helped us a bit jus read and reread the paper to us when we ask him to explain it to us.. i think hes given up on the projects too because we havnt done them in over a month now!! :(
    Yikes! I've only 3 done and page 4 and 5 are nearly done. I have started some solidworks too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭xXxhotstuff xXx

we finally started workin on our projects again today and half the class were told our compare and contrast pages were wrong all because of what he told us but he wont admit to it but am ya newhooo i started modelling the docking station speaker in solidworks but cant figure out how to kind of cut a hemisphere out of it, does anyone know how to do this??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

we finally started workin on our projects again today and half the class were told our compare and contrast pages were wrong all because of what he told us but he wont admit to it but am ya newhooo i started modelling the docking station speaker in solidworks but cant figure out how to kind of cut a hemisphere out of it, does anyone know how to do this??

use the 3 point arc tool , then draw lines joining the 2 ends of the arc and cut that piece.

• Advertisement

Draw a semicircle and revolve cut around its axis?, revolve to 180 degrees btw

Advertisement