Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCG Projects are out!

Options
  • 06-11-2008 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

MP3 Player docking station for higher and remote control for ordinary. What does everybody think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Didnt have dcg toay, but in theory anyway that sounds good!

Any more info?

Edit, just found it on the t4 website

looks decent?!

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

We hat DCG today before break, the post came at 10 to 11 and had break at 5 to, he told us what they are but i haven't seen the page yet! It don't sound too bad though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Point 3 on the instructions
    "electronic flies"
    Pah :rolleyes:

I really don't like this Doing H.L have no dock which doesn't help and its stupid would much rather a laptop,mobile,and thing with more features!

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Point 3 on the instructions
    "electronic flies"
    Pah :rolleyes:

I really don't like this Doing H.L have no dock which doesn't help and its stupid would much rather a laptop,mobile,and thing with more features!

Yeh, confusing instructions on the files to have on the cd, dont think the dock will be too hard to draw, thats why they are giving it this year i suppose! The only problem i suppose is its harder to make parts for it, ya gotta be inventive to get 5!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

timmywex wrote: »
    Yeh, confusing instructions on the files to have on the cd, dont think the dock will be too hard to draw, thats why they are giving it this year i suppose! The only problem i suppose is its harder to make parts for it, ya gotta be inventive to get 5!

I agree but most Docks are mostly the same i like this http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/display.aspx?infid=2466&terid=2471#pagterid2469But there's no way I'd be able to solid works that,did email the company for detailed measurement but dont expect a reply :rolleyes:

But it would be too hard,
    I can think of 3-4 things,Fabric/plastic speakers cover,Speakers(These would be one?Or would they count at 2?),The piece the mp3/Ipod docks into,and the mp3?(doubts about this though),Also if there is an inputs bit on the back that can be another...:)

Been messing around in Solid works for abit,happy with the results!
    Attachted pics mine,the real one

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

when leaving school today my dcg teacher told me our project was the remote control, now i find out its actually the docking station i dont really know what to think, i guess the remote control would have been a lot easier though.

Remote control is ordinary level, docking station is higher level, you have to decide which level you are doing now afaik!

That drawing aint bad! Whats modifications will you make to it? Or a new concept design? Nice docking station tbh, what make/model is it? easy to draw freehand and all the rest aswell, may look into that some day now, ive been looking at the first few pages moreso.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Happy enough with the project, though I haven't had much experience with docking stations. Have a few ideas which I think will work. The 5 part SW assembly will be the hardest part.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭sheehy898

Anyone have any ideas for the history.

• Advertisement

sheehy898 wrote: »
    Anyone have any ideas for the history.

Meh, i wont do the history if i can try avoid it as much as possible, might go down the avenue of why they are needed and where they came from, vinyl>walkman>cassete>mp3>docking stations
    or something like that!

Ricky91t wrote: »
    I agree but most Docks are mostly the same i like this http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/display.aspx?infid=2466&terid=2471#pagterid2469But there's no way I'd be able to solid works that,did email the company for detailed measurement but dont expect a reply :rolleyes:

But it would be too hard,
    I can think of 3-4 things,Fabric/plastic speakers cover,Speakers(These would be one?Or would they count at 2?),The piece the mp3/Ipod docks into,and the mp3?(doubts about this though),Also if there is an inputs bit on the back that can be another...:)

Been messing around in Solid works for abit,happy with the results!
    Attachted pics mine,the real one

I emailed and got a reply!

Yeh, ogt a reply telling ya to **** off and stop nicking their designs!

Yeh, ogt a reply telling ya to **** off and stop nicking their designs!
    He "has been advised due to their confidentiality, further detailed measurements are not available". Ah well.... Suppose with length breadth and height it could be done fairly accurate from photos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Remote control is ordinary level, docking station is higher level, you have to decide which level you are doing now afaik!
    There was an email sent out saying that you can now decide on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Tommy_17

what are people writing down for output one of the project, please help i dont know what to put down!

Tommy_17 wrote: »
    what are people writing down for output one of the project, please help i dont know what to put down!

http://www.t4.ie/DCG_Round_7/Advice_doc_DCG_Assignment.zip

Complete guide to the project, can also be purchased for a fiver, your teacher will probably be telling you in the next few days, we are getting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,410 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

whats DCG lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

ya what is it tall me now

DCG = Design and communications graphics

The former tech drawing course tbh, a bit moderinised....

• Advertisement

think god i droped tec dra

Someone told me today th first docking station was made in 1987 (I think) by a German company. Anybody found out anything? I can't find anything...

Anybody got a link to the sample project if it's online?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CoolBreeze

I don't think so because the first MP3s didn't come out until around 1999, and 2000
    but maybe i'm wrong.

CoolBreeze wrote: »
    I don't think so because the first MP3s didn't come out until around 1999, and 2000
    but maybe i'm wrong.
    I probably heard the date wrong! Somebody else said that iPod's don't actually play MP3 files... Is that true? All the docking stations are for iPod almost, if that's true we're screwed, that limits the docks available dramatically!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,410 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Tis still called Graphics in our school..Ye all use Autocad too I assume??

callaway92 wrote: »
    Tis still called Graphics in our school..Ye all use Autocad too I assume??
    Ya it's the same thing really only a bit easier and with the added CAD and project.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CoolBreeze

i'd imagine they do play mp3 files, but ny way their not goin to be that specific so i wouldn't worry about it

Paddy001 wrote: »
    Anybody got a link to the sample project if it's online?

The camera sample porject?

Its up in our hall but i never found it on the net!

• Advertisement

autocad i ****ing hate useing it

Advertisement